Mods To the 2016 Sets

Are you able to move the jaw without the mask falling off?

Cause thats what I want to see in a Mod, movable beast jaws that do not pop up the mask.

3 Likes

Recently getting Gali Uniter, I wasn’t that happy with the set, so decided to make some modifications. The first of which was to full in the enormous empty space the Vorox Armor had created on the leg. After some experimentation, I found a method that uses both a Vorox Armor piece and a CCBS she’ll at the same time. Hopefully this can help some people out.

A look at the construction:

Hopefully this is helpful for those trying to fix this issue.

13 Likes

Looks a lot better now. Nice mod.

2 Likes

Nice. Simple, but effective.

2 Likes

So earlier I posted my minimal mods to Akida, now I’ve made some new mods that in my opinion make the appearance better.

Akida.

I made Akida thinner by removing those dark grey pieces.

I put the fin on the back.

That’s how it looks.

7 Likes

play stippling made QB look acceptable

9 Likes

Man that guy has some serious shakey hand problems.
Too much coffee is never a good thing :stuck_out_tongue:.
The revamp is ok though.

4 Likes

I mean… the revamp dosen’t make him look much better. I don’t think I like this revamp.

1 Like

Agree, that’s why it’s an ok thing. It’s nothing special.

2 Likes

well that’s why I said acceptable and not good, it’s better than what we got, not so much but, well, atleast the rock of his shoulder doesn’t crash with his face

4 Likes

He fixed one large problem I have with QB. The huge gab between his arm and shoulder crystals.

2 Likes

I kinda want to get a ton of quake beasts and make one huge one that looks great and huge…

But then I realized I have no money.

8 Likes

Quake Beast Nui…

I really should try and get to draw him.

5 Likes

A huge titan Quake Beast should be the villain of 2017- he takes his revenge. /s?

6 Likes

Of being way too asymmetric? Huh, I thought it looked good. /s?

1 Like

Why Ketar?Because everyone else is scrapped.

A slight revamp of uniter Gali.I tried to incorporate elements of her 2015 design which manifests in that dark azure bit on the shoulder and the design of the weapon.Any thoughts?
(oh,and Akida is currently scrapped so Ketar was the only one that I had to work with)

3 Likes

She’s too lanky. Her limbs are too long and thin, but I do like the weapon.

1 Like

Ah, true.

I agree, she is lanky, the finger’s are demented and the shoulder armour on the right side is out of place.

Tbh I don’t think this is any better than the set.
But I’ll get on the details to be a bit more specific:

-Red pins having so much black pins in the original set, why change them to red ones? Like with all mocs they stand out, but in this revamp they stick out even more. I imagine you used those for other stuff but still, should have kept the black.

-The weapon: My main issue with this is how cluttered it looks, and the yellow looks out of place here, if anything that weapon should go with her previous version.

-The limbs: Not too bad, but they are a bit lanky, what I do not like is the shoulderpad you gave her, it looks very odd.

-Other details: the vent piece she had in her back is gone, and the one that is there now doesn’t flow very well. I personally do not like the leg design in which the crystal armor is on the lower legs.

Overall I’d say this is a mehish revamp, it has as many flaws as the original. 5/10

5 Likes

I actually do find this better than the original, unlike certain other people.

A solid 7/10

-The random yellow on her sword and the oddly lanky hands kill it. Tho I do not see any other body part looking out of proportions as was mentioned. Perhaps the upper legs could have been better. Solid work.