Mods To the 2016 Sets

Not mine but awesome to share.

7 Likes

So i made another Lewa revamp, i removed Uxar from him, and added my own weapon design and a complete torso overhaul.

4 Likes

Seems okay.

1 Like

He’s cool, but the shoulder looks disconnected from the torso (which is a fault of his official build).

1 Like

Might need to have a little more green somewhere there.
And from the back view the arms just look… not part of the torso.

1 Like

Last I checked they were part of the mask.
Which begs the question:
Where did his antlers go?

I consider the mask like a headdress in this case.

Point being, they aren’t like Skull basher’s horns, which are natural aspects designed for combat.

1 Like

Here’s my first batch of summer set mods. UtD coming soon :wink:

Ekimu

Imgur

Imgur

Imgur

Imgur

Imgur

Imgur

Imgur

Lava Beast

Imgur

Imgur

Imgur

Imgur

Imgur

Imgur

Imgur

Storm Beast

Imgur

Imgur

Imgur

Imgur

Imgur

Imgur

Quake Beast

Imgur

Imgur

Imgur

Imgur

Imgur

Imgur

Imgur

Imgur

Imgur

And here’s some renders of Ekimu’s gearbox, a variant of the UG-1.

Imgur

Imgur

Imgur

39 Likes

I really want to see that

also what’s the piece used on Ekimu’s back to hold the bird?

2 Likes

Wow, these are some CRAZY mods. Great job.

2 Likes

QB doesn’t kill me, I think it’s because you took out the shoulder and upper arm crystals. otherwise, these are pretty solid

3 Likes

This thing

2 Likes

Woah, these are really cool. 10/10. One question though:
What is that piece? The pink one?

4 Likes

From the terribad Ben 10 set Chromastone

4 Likes

Why hasnt LEGO hired you yet?

You have just solved the problem where G2 gearboxes would position the arms way to back of the torso while still having the waist function as well.

How many pieces were needed to construct this new Ekimu? Parts wise, so we would know if its possible to create as an actual LEGO set (with all the limitations LEGO puts for their sets)

Yes, it works well with the Quake Beast chest plate.

Hnnnng, the feeling when the mods are just right.

11 Likes

Woah. I’m blown away, like usual. But, you gave all of the revamps stunning fixes, while adding so much of your own creativity!

With that Ekimu revamp, you fixed the issue I had with my MOC concept from a few months ago! I may try this gearbox on my Ekimu, because I like how it’s much closer to the arms.

I’m definitely going to try out your Storm Beast function, if that’s alright. I also quite like how they all look like dwarf-like chickens, but they almost feel a little too small. I really like Quake beast, especially that color scheme, but I feel like the function’s a little boring without that sideway punch. Lava Beast is almost perfected, but I wish the wings were on the back.

Ekimu is a little small, but he looks a lot like the Protector, and it really looks like a great! I really like how those feet look, but I wish they were in gunmetal, like the waist, or in gold, like the other armor. (Sadly though, that’s not possible.) That gearbox is absolutely superb, and the stand for the phoenix is just ingenious! I kind of miss the stud-shooter, but I think his new hammer works quite well with this MOC.

Overall, superb job! Looking at your new MOCs is always a great treat.

Also, here’s a suggestion with Quake Beast, if you’re looking for any. (Don’t use the protector gears, but use the 2015 gears. The protector gears always let lose.)

4 Likes

I did a thing

28 Likes

The Gelu blades look beautiful. 10/10.

1 Like

EDIT:
For Ekimu the Mask Maker, I removed 2015 Tahu’s grey friction-clamps from his hips (now Master Tahu is equal in height to Kopaka and Gali) and put them ON TOP of 2016 Ekimu’s lower legs to make him taller (this also lets the boots still have a cohesive golden look).

EDIT-EDIT
I also decided to rest the shoulder-armor UNDER his chestplate rather than on top of. That way you can see the full design. Plus, it doesn’t interfere with the 2015 Arm Function.

2 Likes

I’m not a fan of the way the lower legs are built, or the off-color blue piece on his back (the gold piston add-on there before makes more sense to me), but overall he looks really impressive! Great mods!