Modularity

Despite being the editor for TTV’s Top 10s, I’m not actually the biggest fan of the Top 10 format…

So here are my Top 10 Modcast episodes!

because wynaut?

Full 10

12 - Avatar: The Plot Bending Turtles

Avatar: The Last Airbender remains my favourite 2d animated show of all time. So I had a ton of fun discussing it, since I can cite all of the episodes by memory. I wish I could’ve talked about my disdain for crack-ships since I routinely shut down my friend’s imaginatively disturbing pairings. Ah well, I think he summed it up quite nicely:

Nein

10 - QANDA Extravaganza!

You: Question?

Me: Something stupid.

It is the Zombie Apocalypse and your brain is as good as ate, how do you cope? By answering bizarre questions like that.

Augustine

29 - Pokémon: Everyone has Ash!

We’ve had like 3 episodes about Pokémon, but in this we finally got into a conversation on it’s decade spanning animoo series. Aside from catchy theme songs I thought it was a heaping pile of garbador.

Luck of the draw

1 - Don’t Do Drugs

The audio quality is so poor… I love it.

would reboot the series in a heartbeat

Evil Incarnate

Shortest Episode

Is this ep non-canonical? Very.

Half 10

14 - Avatar: The Korra Conundrum

This ep, other than maybe Journey to Chinneck vol. 2 (or as all the hip kids know it as, ‘JTC2’) probably took me the longest time to edit since I had inter-spliced footage from Korra.

Death

31 - Mystery Incorporated: Mr. Ech

We talk about animated series a lot on the modcast, and one of my recent favs has been Scooby Doo: Mystery Incorporated. I just really wanted to vent out my many opinions on it’s finale.

Triforce

24 - This Song Has No Title

QANDAs aside, we usually focus on one main topic. This is the episode where we broke that completely but not, since we still have topics centered around topics but whatever who’s counting?. I’m biased towards these kinds of episodes cuz they remind me of the podcasts I listen to.

Cloned

21 - JTC2

We rip Journey To One to shreds, and it is immensely satisfying. Slime and I had taken a plethora of notes while watching the last two episodes, and Jogn hadn’t even watched the show! With that context, hearing him criticize the show was hilarious.

Numero Uno

26 - 10 Ways to DEEP FRY your PODCAST

This is the episode that I enjoy the most. For all of the various topics we get into like if LPs should be considered podcasts. The transition to deep fried food was just excellent vomit sfx. I really want to do more non-topic eps. Maybe once we’ve run out of our topic list this format shall return.

But those are just my thoughts, what are yours? Post your own Top 10 Modcast episodes in the comments below or on the TTV message boards at board.ttvmodcast.com

7 Likes

That’s because I made everything go off topic with my discussion of American junk food. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

top 1 modcast episodes as dictated by slime

no 1: memes scourge of the internet

10 Likes

I just happened to stumble across these while looking around the boards and was instantly intrigued. I am enjoying the podcasts which is interesting because I don’t usually have the attention span for such things. They are engaging, humorous, and have well discussed conversations. I look forward to seeing/hearing what you have in the future.

Subscribed (for the first time)
And thinking very strongly about getting Minecraft after watching your Biocraft episodes.

-RAKRONDEWL

6 Likes

Woah, thanks man! Means a lot to me. I spend way too much time editing them together, so I’m glad you’re enjoying them! :smile:

Oh dude, that’s awesome. We’re still running our Realms map of Mata Nui. If you have discord you can join our server where we hang out :wink:

– Waj

5 Likes

The Magic trick is: we don’t have engaging conversations, Waj just edits videos to make us look smarter

11 Likes

Goals I’d like to achieve some day. XD

4 Likes

Modularity, unedited,
Waj: hello and welcome to Modularity!
Indi: Hi
Slime: hi as well, how are you guys?
Cronk: I’m decent, so how about that (Today’s topic)
Slime: Speaking of (today’s topic), how about (Today’s topic)?

7 Likes

Not far off…

I thought wynaut upload this as an unlisted video. I have no intentions on releasing unedited eps, though this one is slightly edited in that I removed the background noise- so it actually sounds much better than the original. I guess I could re-edit ep 1 at some point, idk :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

The link is expired

4 Likes

Huh, I thought I had it set to never expire… gonna fix it.

See if it works now: Discord

4 Likes

tfw the first episode unedited is still shorter than some eps edited

7 Likes

oh lots of talk to do with modcasts editing, i will listen to that unedited one soon, btw you now have over 1000 posts on this topic so congrats

3 Likes

about 1/10 of those is me making stupid jokes

ex:

3 Likes

Ikr, as time progressed the unedited eps got a lot longer. Sitting at around 45 - 1 hr 10 mins.

2 Likes

Remember when we were supposed to be shorter than the TTV Podcast?

Pepperidge Farm remembers

9 Likes

Simpler times back then.

4 Likes

I would say it is time well spent because they sound good and I haven’t noticed any traces of edited out material.

If/when I get Minecraft I will be sure to check out discord. Are you guys building any other Bionicle related woulds?

@Indigogeek I think it depends on the topic you discuss and even if you guys don’t really have a flowing conversation that doesn’t mean it isn’t engaging. You guys always sound like you are having a good time and don’t talk over each other to the point where nothing can be understood. I wouldn’t say Waj’s editing makes you look smarter but rather more professional. So yes your conversations are engaging to me.

3 Likes

Yep. Right now we’re recreating Metru Nui.

@Indigogeek’s been spearheading the project:

5 Likes

Awesome, that was/is my favorite g1 location. I think that would be a cool project to be a part of.
Is the eventual goal to build the entire giant robot? :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes