My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

correct

this is just a known fact, not even an opinion

1 Like

Preach brother. Exactly my thoughts when I watched the show in 2013. That being said, the episode where Pinkie clones herself is one of my favourites simply because of the G1 reference ā€œhey look at thisā€ (nek minute really ugly horse face) Plus it was satisfying seeing the Pinkies get vaporised multiple times over.

Yeah, thatā€™s a pattern I noticed where each season theyā€™d switch between redeeming or kill-I mean, destroying the villain.

Why did I quote a long inactive user? Who knows.

Discord is the best character guys, obviously. That being said I remember Dash and Fluttershy being my favourites of the mane four I think. The episode where Fluttershy gets a deep voice again and sings backstage for Applejackā€™s brother who lost his voice in a turkey call game (Man thatā€™s a mouthfull!) has my favourite song, simply because itā€™s one I could sing along to with my deep voice. Also, the episode where Rainbow Dash chooses a pet Turtle-No Tortoise! is a favourite. Although I also remember liking Luna just from an aesthetic point of view and because I was hoping theyā€™d give her a more nuanced episode focused on trying to be ā€˜goodā€™ but I cannot remember if that happened or not.

Reading up through the comments I am at peace with where I left off watching the show, Iā€™m glad I did watch it, but I donā€™t think Iā€™ll ever regain interest. Especially knowing that the fandom is toxic cesspool. Annnddd that concludes me voicing some thoughts on MLP, thatā€™s a weight off my chest :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Of course Trixie has become something of a trans icon, so maybe Iā€™m a smidge biased.

Though in all seriousness I do love her character. Every time she appears from No Second Prances onward she is an absolute delight. And her friendship with Starlight is probably one of my favorite parts of the later seasons.

1 Like

My cousin once sat me down to start watching this, he told me itā€™s right up my alley and Iā€™d love it

I donā€™t think my cousin knew me very well because I did not enjoy it

Although, Iā€™m reading here that the first episode was kinda lousy so maybe that fed into my disatisfaction

The first episode (or episodes cause 2 parter, if you wanna be pedantic) definitely isnā€™t representative of the showā€™s overall quality to be honest. Personally I definitely like season one. I started watching the show since the beginning, and Iā€™ve loved it from start to finish.

But I do feel like the show really hit its stride in season four and onward.

2 Likes

Okay, not gonna lie, I actually donā€™t like Trixie very much and found her continued appearances in later seasons pretty annoying. (Granted, I found the last two seasons in particular quite weak overall.) I wanted Starlight to get more screentime both alone and with other characters besides Trixie, but she kinda got shafted, in my mind. Though to be fair I havenā€™t watched an episode of the show in well over a year, probably two or more, so my opinions on this subject probably hold less weight. =P

Okay, I hear you. I see where youā€™re coming from. But my counter argument. How could you possibly be mad at this face?

2 Likes

also correct

clearly you have not been enlightened, @Wekua

2 Likes

The man of Pony is here as well?! I thought you created this topic!

1 Like

why do you seem surprised

1 Like

Iā€™m really just surprised that you didnā€™t create this topic.

Iā€™m surprised it was dead for four years for as frequently as MLP comes up in conversation around here

That is peculiar isnā€™t it? I suppose for as often as itā€™s mentioned, itā€™s most often briefly or in passing. Not heavily enough to warrant in depth discussion. Not until now anyway.

3 Likes