Naming and Canonization

Hi, Greg!
I know that you’ve previously stated that you couldn’t come up with any new names regarding the Bionicle canon, as they would need to be approved by Lego, but for future reference, does this also apply to those that have already been used before as well? For example, would it be possible for you to hypothetically consider a proposal if someone wanted to give the rest of the Toa Mangai the “Naho Treatment” and sought to reuse some of the original Mata Nui locations in order to do so, or would they too need to be approved again?
Thanks for reading!

1 Like

Well, from what I can tell, these are all the location-based names from Mata Nui that aren’t already tied to a specific preexisting character or species of Rahi:

Motara (Po-Wahi)
Tiro (Po-Wahi)
Leva (Po-Wahi)
Marn (Onu-Wahi)
Fau (Le-Wahi)
Pala (Le-Wahi)
Kanae (Le-Wahi)
Kumu (Le-Wahi)

Admittedly, it would probably be easier to pick a name off of that list for any of the remaining three who weren’t one of the four Toa of Ice if one were to do so by region, but that’s only if the majority were intended to be used soley on the Mangai.

1 Like

Don’t forget Fusa.

I didn’t. Fusa are already a species of Rahi; they’re the Bionicle equivalent of kangaroos.
As such, the name didn’t meet the list’s prerequisites, so it purposefully wasn’t included.

2 Likes

If they are names we have already used, then they have already been cleared legally.

1 Like

Thanks!