Ninjago 2017 General Discussion

I mean, it essesntially boils down to a haircut. They’ll still probably act similar.

According to a letter I posted a little while ago, the other Ninja (sans Lloyd) will have the same face ‘rigs’. This means that they may have different hairstyles, but they will still be recognizable.

So this topic may be dead, but here’s a lovely minifig pack. Current reception from what I’ve seen: TV fans love, general AFOLs are “meh” on it.

Makes perfect sense, too. Love the white nindroid (though could’ve been better in a battle-pack thing) and Neuro is absolutely going to be sought after heavily. That said, young Krux is boring (face is nice, but helmet would be better snakeless even with a new mold) and Gold Kai instead of Gold Zane feels like a wasted opportunity for best ninja (and the golden scarf).

Personally, mixed thoughts on these. That said, would love to pick one up if given the chance. Thoughts?

3 Likes

I don’t really follow the Ninjago show but I personally really like the white nindroid over all, the hair on Neuro, and gold staff from the gold ninja but not really anything from Krux.

White Nindroid looks like the selling point to me.

2 Likes

I’m really glad they’re including Neuro in this. I’ve collected all the Elemental Masters so far, and I believe they only have four left that need to be released.

1 Like

It’s awesome!

7 Likes

Good to know that Nya’s character is once again the “Strong Independent woman who don’t need no man”

The rest of the video was pretty neat, but it’s been a while since I’ve rolled my eyes that hard.

2 Likes

This is gonna be good.

“Bitten by a snake.”

The injokes are strong with this one.

5 Likes

I think that’s the point.

1 Like

Yes…what other point would there be?

1 Like

That part of being bitten by a snake that had been bitten by a spider was hilarious :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:, it’s so good!

2 Likes

Lady Iron Dragon minifigure pictures are out, quite a nice new hair mold…but the head is darker print due to it being above a black colored head.

3 Likes

Meowthra is watching you. :smile_cat:

7 Likes

I find it strange that they are showing it even in a poster, as it looks like a pretty important plot point that you wouldn’t want to unveil… but maybe it’s similar to Lego Batman and the plot is totally different from what it seems.

1 Like

I don’t think so, I think it’s just the premise, not a plot twist. It’s probably something along the lines of this:

Garmadon keeps attacking NinjaGo City, and during one of his attacks, he and the ninja accidentally unleash Meowthra. Enemies will then have to team up to find the Ultimate, Ultimate Weapon (laser pointer) to save the city, because Garmadon can’t rule it if the cat smashes it all. Antics ensue.

1 Like

“Birthday hug? Let me get on this. I will increase the pressure dramatically.”
-Zane 2017

Lloyd:

Koko:

5 Likes

Actual plot point not being revealed is gonna be Dogzilla.

Very excited for the Ninja’s personalities in this film. Cole looks hilariously relatable and Kai seems like a total bro. So hyped for the high school elements!

1 Like

Dude…that would be amazing.

1 Like