Ninjago 2017 General Discussion

Eyebrows.

I can get used to these style of the characters. The ridiculous hair, that’s pretty much a staple of LEGO movies. The over-the-top expressions, not too appealing to me, but assuming those are not their default faces, that’s also pretty standard. Personality-wise, I’d honestly rather they not keep too close to the tv counterparts. Same goes for retreading storylines. I don’t want them revamping stuff from the first years just to appeal to fans.

1 Like

i doupt they will, and given what i have read on some of the news sites, it looks more like its going to be like the other LEGO movies, an original plot with familiar looking characters (i say familiar looking, because its clear that none of the characters are going to be like their tv show counterparts).

and remember, this is still in the same universe like the other LEGO movies, so all of the ninjas are Master Builders. something which was also said on those news sites.

I love the new styles of all the characters. They are suppose to look different from their TV show versions since this is a reboot of the series through the movie. Lord Garmadon is the best out of all of them (want his headgear, his sholders, heck all of him). I also like that they have new skirt pieces for some of the characters. I also like the heir, its reusable and gives each character different hairstyles to differenchiate them. Their expressions also ooze character.

Some hype was given, well done LEGO, you have made me interested in this theme now…hope its part of the LEGO movie Universe so that we may see these guys in LEGO movie 2.

PS: We must protect Movie Zane, he is too pure for this world.

1 Like

like i said, it is a part of the LEGO movieverse, because its said that all of the ninja are master builders.

and really, its not so much of a reboot of the franchise as its more of how the marvel movies and transformers movies follow their own canon that is not part of the comic books or tv shows canon. This is a complitly different universe.

Do you think they would make sets for the TV show universe and the Movie universe at the same time? To me it seems they will put all their focus now for creating and expanding the movie theme.

They will probably sit out a wave or two so the movie can sell sets, then go back to doing TV stuff, seeing as Ninjago is a evergreen theme that LEGO will want to milk every last set out of. Reducing it to a wave every few years basis is a bad idea.

1 Like

So now it will be a year equivalent of movie sets, then back to TV sets?

Depends on how good the movie is I guess.

I imagine so. totally cancelling the TV sets just to try out a movie line for one or two waves (which might not work) seems like poor business.

1 Like

Its not like LEGO made poor business decisions in the past (cancelling Ninjago, Bionicle G2, whatever Chima was suppose to be, Galidor…)

Right, though I don’t think they would stop making Ninjago just to try something new for a few waves. and seeing as this might draw more people into the line, you need something to keep them interested until the next movie.

Oh, as TTV pointed out, we are going to have a collectible minifigure series for The Ninjago Movie with 20 minifigures…wonder what minifigures they will reveal for it. (if the grumpy Kai or happy Zane dont show up in sets, they most likely will show up here).

2 Likes

Before getting back to the Movie, let’s diverge to this year’s battle pack.

Two words: ELEMENTAL MASTERS!!! (Also more Skylor w/o hair; dang.)
@prpldragon, @Mesonak, @Nyran

10 Likes

Isnt that the girl from the Mortal Kombat tournament?

Skylor, i think…nah, she didnt wear glasses, this is obviously Clara Kent.

Heck yes! That’s awesome!

About darn time they bring her back.

The Master of Smoke has ice cream, Skylor has sushi, and the Master of Smoke brought a plate. I think they’re throwing a party. I think that knife is a bit overkill, though, and I’m not sure how she’s planning on using the bow. Oversized toothpicks? /s

3 Likes

The Ninjago Movie is actually Exo Force G2. Giant mechs? Wierd scrunched exaggerated faces and really spikey hair? Definitely Exo Force. :wink:

5 Likes

This is good. Why have two seperate themes hogging all the funding, not actually being that great by themselves…when you can have just one theme with the thematic core of both that has the funding of both to make it actually great. This is why Nexo Knights and Ninjago are great, they incorporate elements form passed failed themes and make them work with larger funding to boot.

3 Likes

Cole is hurting my soul somehow, but Kai and Jay look pretty

lit.

1 mech and a couple of arms strapped on a big wheel and all the sudden the ninjago movie is exo force 2.0

1 Like