Ninjago 2018 General Discussion

Ohhh boy that was great. Some things I noticed:
.Baby Wu is awesome
. I thought he was going to pull a Will Byers for a minute
. Kai did stuff
. Nice subversion of expectations with the Ninja keeping their powers
. Lloyd’s eyes were accidentally left green for a shot after he woke up :stuck_out_tongue:
. I kind of wish that the first realm was that place Garmadon went to, seeing as it makes more sense, and the ninja used traveller’s tea- though I suppose it could be, just daytime. Oh well, DRAGONS!
So hyped for next season!

2 Likes

I’d say that’s intentional; Lloyd’s vision seems like it has something to do with his power. Or maybe a burst of power before regaining genuine consciousness
Scratch that, rewatched the episode- that goes on too long to be intentional.:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

This Episode was amazing I wondered a couple times how Baby Wu and the Tea-Lady knew what will be happening or what is the right thing to do, but maybe we will find out later

Now that I’ve watched the episode for the third time, I can really appreciate everything that went into this final episode…
It’s strange, because after my first viewing of most of this Season episodes, I wasn’t able to determine how I felt about it, I was just… blank. But then, after watching them again, I was able to formulate my ideas and opinions properly. It’s really weird…

Anyway, this episode is up there, and has ending that could easily rival “Titanium Ninja”. The fight scenes were on point. The emotion was on point. Most xD of the dialogue was on point. Seriously Hagemans, “to go”.

I’m just gonna have to dot point all this. It’s way to much to type about individually!

[spoiler]* I loved Kai this episode. This is the most he’s been in character this whole Season.

• Lloyd and Harumi’s last scene was incredible; really liked the final line: "Before I go, just answer me this. You said the greatest villain was the one who got away… then what am I?
  • Love how Lloyd does exactly what Mr. E did in the opening of the season, great way to bring it full circle!
  • The Realm of Oni and Dragon is just how I imagined it. Very minimal but still creates the hype!
  • Throughout this episode (and going into Season 9), we’ve had the original Ninja team. Really enjoyed the dynamic (especially Kai xD), and looking forward to seeing more of it in the future.
  • Bounty destroyed… again… :stuck_out_tongue: (Seriously, how many times has “this thing” gotten wrecked?!?)[/spoiler]

That’s all for now, will probably add more later.

1 Like

you know, when it has been destroyed again and again for so long, i think it’s time to consider that some higher power is telling you to just drop it.

3 Likes

Summer set images are starting to surface on Amazon France: :fr:

6 Likes

Dang, I might actually have to pick some of these up… they look awesome!

3 Likes

Every summer set is now presented on the amazon site except for the Confrontation in the Throne Room Set and the War Rig Set. The Flyers look very cool. I will surely pick up the Golden Master Flyer, the Firstbourse Dragon the Desert’s Wing and the Confrontation in the Throne room set.

hmm…

Show of hands, who here think that the Golden Dragon master is Wu?

I want to cry. We’ve come so far from those original rubber dragon-heads, only to devolve back to prints. I wonder if this decision was done to make the sets compatible with Lego Boost.

1 Like

I personally think the heads look pretty sweet for being made out of more basic slopes and plates; to me it looks like the only printing is for the eyes. What makes you not like these as much?

3 Likes

I think the new sets look cool. I just hope they have a superb explanation for the dragons. Also, it’s mildly irritating that we appear to be getting airjitsu again, innevetibly leading to more plot-holes and contrivances in the next season. Honestly, the whole showing cool stuff over explaining things is, in my opinion, a terrible way to run things. That said, I still love the show, so they must not have been doing too bad up to this point.

1 Like

We got the rest of the Sets with High Quality Pictures from the Entertainer UK Toy Shop here:

Enjoy.

We also got the UK prices from the site.

We have a New Picture of a Season 9 set called “Oni Titan” as well as the Lego Ninjago Movie City Docks picture along with actual real HD pictures about the rest of the sets here:
https://www.radiokontrol.it/search/page/3

( You have to type Ninjago in the Search bar and jump to the 3rd page. )

6 Likes

I’m so psyched for the Ninjago City Docks, I’m gonna have to get it as soon as I can get my hands on it.

I relly love the new Ninjago sets, Dragons are always nice and the villains and the little scenery builds have a really unique style

1 Like

A New App Game just got released called “Ride Ninja”
Available on both Android and IOS.

Season 9 Trailer. ( Does anyone speaks japanese? )

2 Likes

there is a version with subtitles on youtube

Official English Trailer is out!!!

Definition of Awesomness!!!

3 Likes

Alriiight! Looking pretty great.

Designer Videos!

Firstbourne:

Stormbringer:

Dieselnaut:

Dragon Pit:

1 Like