Ninjago 2018 General Discussion

Hehe I don’t like LEGO TV shows but getting to read through basically everything with a spoiler tag here helped me get an idea of the story :stuck_out_tongue:

Season 9 Sets Commercial with The Dragon Flyers included. ( Actually called Dragonjitzu ) I think we will soon be getting the site updated.

1 Like

:man_facepalming:
Could they not think of any better names? Well, can’t wait for this gimmick to be completely forgotten next season, lol

2 Likes

I think it goes well with the actual theme, given that the Ninja will learn the language of the Dragons, they can possibly teach them a new martial art as well to use it against the Dragon Hunters. People were whining about elemental dragons and airjitzu were erased from season 8. Now they will get both but with better executed in a new form of style and design.

2 Likes

Still, I feel like they should stop creating legendary yet previously unmentioned abilities, and focus on making existing ones more powerful. My main problem is the name, though.
Edit: wait! In the first four episodes, the original dragons did spinjitsu to get to the Underworld. Could Dragonjitsu (ugh) be spinjitsu at it’s purest form, allowing realm travel? That’d be cool, I suppose.

2 Likes

Perhaps. We will have to wait and see. I think the previoisly mentioned elemental ability to summon a dragon and the martial art of making one able to fly, made the Ninja somewhat too powerful and that why they had to go. In the japanese trailer tho, they said that the Firstbourne is the “key” for the Ninja to return to Ninjago. It makes sense. Dragon Mommy has the keys. :stuck_out_tongue:
Plus they still have to find the Golden Armor for the Golden Dragon Master Teen Wu in order to free the dragons from the Hunters and then I guess either the Firtbourne will help them obtain the armour or to return the Ninjago or possibly both.
I have a theory that Young Wu will pull the same act as Zane did in S8 and will join the Hunters in disguise to find it more about them, taking advance of the fact that the Hunters are unaware of his rapid aging.

Why is Wu young?

Got punched with a time blade glove thing.

It makes sense I swear.

1 Like

He got hit by the Forward Time Blade in season 7 and started to rapidly age, and later in the season, he got hit by the Reversal Time Blade which was at the time believed to have restored him back to normal. But now instead, we know had reversed his aging back to a baby and now he is rapidly aging back to normal.

Why did I ask : P

Ninjago Season 9 Product Aimations.

Firstbourne:

Stormbringer:

Dieselnaut:

The Ninjago Site Got Updated with the Season 9 Sets!

2 Likes

If you don’t know, watch the show; it’s at anyone’s fingertips and is actually pretty good. First 2 seasons are pretty fine in general, but it really ramps up with Season 3 (Rebooted). And the writing is typically top-tier, too.

1 Like

Nah I can’t stand watching the show, the story isn’t the worst tho

New Trailer for the UK.

My little brother has started watching the new season. I can’t stand how they went from ninja with bad acting and sub-par animation, to superheroes PRETENDING to be ninja with bad acting and sub-par animation.

1 Like

…you’re watching the movie, aren’t you?

Give it a chance. The new seasons have definitely picked up; but hey, here’s the best episode in the first season (and a review):
https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6myr10

Seriously tho, it’s a whole lot better than the cheesily-acted and filler-layered Chima and Nexo Knights and genuinely interesting.

2 Likes

In the movie they embrace the ninja-themed superhero-ness. I honestly liked the movie. The show is below my standards. I understand some enjoy it but I don’t.

IMO, the movie has the messiest plotting and weakest characterization I’ve seen in a blockbuster animated film in a while; but comparing apples to oranges, I enjoyed the Akira movie more than the manga (I’m actually only on volume 3, so my stance isn’t exactly firm) because it genuinely attempted to establish relationships despite the mess of plots and plot holes. Everyone’s got their opinion, I guess.

And I would counter the “below my standards” bit, but honestly I don’t have enough time and don’t want to start anything between us.

[quote=“Mistah_Grammaticul, post:180, topic:41780”]
IMO, the movie has the messiest plotting and weakest characterization I’ve seen in a blockbuster animated film in a while;
[/quote]Yeah, I do wish it had more depth, but as with many animated films, it’s not Meant to be taken seriously

No idea what that is

I agree which is why…

I try not to get heated over such small things

Every Pixar film, Ghibli work, The Lego Movie, Lego Batman (to some extent)… all pretty good movies. Subtlety and thoughtfulness is the difference between a bad movie and a good movie. It doesn’t help that the unfinishedness of the final product is evident in a lot of places, but I digress. I guess it was expectations (especially with the prior Lego Movies being so good and all)

Yeah, guess we should leave it here. :wink: