Ninjago 2019 Discussion

Yes I did. And I agree it is! It has so many clever building techniques and the overal aesthetics of the Mech is simply eye pleasing.

1 Like

FIRE MECH

Truthfully, I don’t own that much of an opinion. Fire Mech is my only Ninjago mech, after all, but this one does look cool.

NEVER HEARD OF IT
I think the fact that this mech actually has a head, better color combination and a decend sized feet with no flags on the top to fall off easily, is enough for me to prefer this one over that other one.

1 Like

It looks cool, but I don’t really like the idea of having both an exposed cockpit and a head.

While I still think the knee articulation is missing from the set, we haven’t gotten that since the Exo-Force mechs, unfortunately. Other than that great set. And I agree, I also think this one is superior to the Ninjago Movie one.

1 Like

I’m definitely thinking about getting this, but I just need to know, could it be modified to have knees?

I still don’t think it kneeds it

3 Likes

It might require a little disassembling, but most likely yes.

Anything can be modified to have knees.

I love this mech and the new snakes :heart_eyes: I think I have to buy my first Lego set since the end of Bionicle g2.

Well to be honest, I doubt it. Let me show you why:

As you can see, the “knees” here ( which kinda give a bended legs look ) are two curved technic parts with black pins on each side, connected to the wheel AAND by a lightsaber piece. Illegal Build? I still own The Exo-Force Grand Titan which uses this techique for the eye rockets.

Even if you would manage to make the knees more backwards,

there are these knee guard, connected via hinge pieces to the upper leg. They would just hang there randomly or even get in the way since it has an upper connection and doesn’t stop the knee to bend forward if the weight of the Mech would make pressure on them. Btw they are half fixed in place.

Ankles:

It has very little posability but I can understand that completely since even with that friction extender, the mech tends to tilt forward a bit due the its being top-heavy and only those white “feet guard” pieces on the front can stop it.

Btw the set has 4 friction extender. Two here and two on the wings connections to the Jet. Not sure where there because there is enough friction without them but at least they add some plus and the wings are somewhat further from the Jet and the Shoulder Pads this way.

Posable thrusters at the lower legs. Brilliant!

The Sword can be held by both hands.And it doesn’t get in the way of the saw spinner! Very cool!

Be sure to fold the fingers around the sword because, as you can all see, it’s a lose connection, but with the fingers folded in, it holds in the palm stabile and secured.

Head of the Mech. Very cleverly designed. and overal the proportions are fitting just perfectly to the Mech’s size.

Or it is instead a Samurai Helmet.

I hope it made some clarification as well as answers to your questions.

I still think this is the best Mech LEGO has ever made. With such clever building techniques and so many new pieces and printed pieces, this is the highlight of the Wave for me.

Btw the round grey stopper disk piece on the Saw plade is indeed new! It’s the reimagined piece of the old which could only use for one quarter axle of space but this, with the ring included on top of the disk, can used for a whole and regular pin connection. So many building possibilities allowed therefore.

Some more picture of the Mech without the Jet:

And some pictures of the Jet itself. It’s avery interesting build.

BONUS

ˇ
ˇ
ˇ
ˇ
ˇ
ˇ
ˇ
ˇ
ˇ
ˇ
ˇ
ˇ

“I Am Titan Mech.”

Snaps

4 Likes

IT’S A GUNDAM!!!
That’s awesome.

1 Like

How did you even get this?

Lego thought Ninjago fans doesn’t exist in the Central Europe Area so they sneakily released them there first through random online websops. Little did they know, we weare already aware of it before they made the “official” street date.

4 Likes

Get Hyped!

1 Like

That Clutch Powers 1 second of footage impresses me. I think he’s going to play a major role, and I’m SO HYPED!

1 Like

The first two episodes of season 11 just came out so let’s start talking.
In my opinion the first two episodes are just filler. Episode1 is just the ninja being lazy and fighting Wu. Episode2 is just the ninja looking for things to do. I hope the next two episodes will be more plot heavy. What are your opinions though?

2 Likes

Wait, they are out? Can you give me a link so I can watch them?

I saw the first episode on YouTube in another language with an English dub, and I’m not impressed. The animation style seems a step down from the recent seasons, and the plot feels very watered down. It doesn’t feel like the Ninjago we’ve become used to… Top that off with no episode number or intro… (I haven’t seen the second episode yet, so IDK if there’s an intro for that.)

1 Like

The Fold is back in Ninjago, with another remix of the Weekend Whip:

What are your thoughs?