Ninjago Movie Discussion (and Speculation) Topic

That depends on the breed of the dog is. Not every dog can be trained the same way. Same goes for cats as not each of them are “evil creatures” For example larger type of dogs can be more friendly and calm if they are indeed treated well. I just know, I have one. While smaller sized dogs can rampage more often and being annoying sometimes. But then again, who would be there to train them? Do you expect a human to appear in the movie like they did with the Lego Movie?

More like we will only see the dog doing the masters orders since the side movies dont show the humans, but they were doing all the work from the side.

Also no, this would be a trainable dog, not those small rat like dogs that can fit in purces.

2 Likes

The master can’t order the dog to go and destroy Ninjago city or fight with the cat. It must come from instincts to do so.

He just places the dog and it immediately goes for the cat and drives it off. What we see is the kids imagination of Dogzilla coming and fighting the Meowthra, but because the dog is well behaved to his master, he wont fo full on the city like the cat does ( only does it on the cat and droves it off). Dogzilla becomes the savior of Ninjago, something a Dog owner w that plays with Legos would do. He stages the whole play session so that the cat is the villain and the dog is the hero…cause i dunno, he likes the dog more and dogs are better mans friend than the more wild indipendent cats…similar type of kids imagination we saw with lego batman where a kid imagined an earthquake scenario by just moving the tables.

Also I disagree on the instinct thing, a trained dog can and did go for this that their masters ordered them to go to, thats the entire point of police dogs, war dogs, and any other dog for any field they are used for. Trained dogs do a lot of stuff that arent necesseraly based only on instinct or at instinct at all, thats why they are trained dogs.

1 Like

Do you have any idea how much destruction that could cause to Ninjago City? You can’t train a dog to chase off the cat carefully, not to knock off any of the buildings! The dog will go straight after the cat kicking everything out of it’s way. Police dogs are a much different story. Now we are talking about dogs on average training.

Again, this movie takes place in the backyard. I doubt there would be any super trained dog nearby otherwise the cat wouldn’t come closer. I don’t know why are we keep talking about this when all of this is a simple theory. I don’t know why a dog have to be super trained just to be entertaining. The whole point of the movie is that there is barely any seriousness in it to make it more enjoyable for younger audience.

You’re both right, technically

A trained dog does things based on both instinct and knowledge. Instinct tells it it needs food. Knowledge tells it it will get food if it does what it had been trained to do.

~W12~

2 Likes

Which is why what I said makes also sense.

I think it’s important that we remember that this all takes place in the imagination of some kid, presumably Finn. Do you remember taking a LEGO set on an adventure as a kid? The precise coordination of the choreography in your mind doesn’t compare to the clumsy motions and suggestions your toys actually make as you try to stand them up against each other. I doubt that Finn is actually setting his cat loose on NINJAGO City. He’s probably just holding his cat near the city and imagining the minifigures reacting to it destroying their world. For comparison, in The Lego Batman Movie, I don’t think that Finn actually collapsed the tables holding up the enormous Gotham City model, because he knows that a few minifigure chains won’t really keep such a heavy thing together. At the most, he slightly pulled the tables apart, then extended the separation is his mind.

5 Likes

Or maybe the cat just wandered up there…

or the Cat is sapient and is the real one making this story.

~W12~

5 Likes

The LEGO NINJAGO Movie website is now up and updated!
Check it out:

http://www.legoninjagomovie.com/characters

Sweet new pictures of the characters.

Lloyd.

Garmadon

Sensei Wu

Nya

Cole

Jay

Kai

Zane

Misako ( Koko )

11 Likes

Scroll to the left on the main page of the website and you see this guy with what appears to be an analysis of the Garma Mecha Man.

He kind of reminds me of the GPL Tech minifigure from the CMF series.

I’m really starting to wonder what “GPL” could stand for.

3 Likes

Probably because they both work for Garmadon.

1 Like

I believe it stands for Garmadon Propulsion Laboratories.
Here’s some pictures from the Garmadon attacks book (From Jang’s review on it). They show the same male GPL character as well as a few others. Looks like they will be quite a few of these guys.

6 Likes

I fully approve of Nya’s jacket.
Though she should keep better care of it, as the tears are a bit much.

4 Likes

I guess that is the whole point of her movie character. Tough, hard rock girl in ripped clothes. She even rides a motorcycle in the highschool. It’s not like she cares about the rules. So why should she care about the fashion?

2 Likes

I bet the collectable minifigure scientist is the daughter of the hippy scientist, she looks like it.

Also i wish they will finally make a long coat piece officially in lego so we can have that open lab coat the hippy has.

3 Likes

Good jackets should be treated with the respect they deserve

1 Like

Now that’s an interesting theory. I wonder if that’s why they are the only two with the large blue lensed goggles.

Couldn’t agree more. They could’ve used it for commissioner Gordon too.

3 Likes

It can also be they just have blue eyes and the glasses excentuate them.

And yes, Gordon could use a cape pieces, same as the Gotham Mayor.

2 Likes