Ninjago Movie Discussion (and Speculation) Topic

Ninjago definitely is the best LEGO theme of the 2010s (Mainly because Bionicle G1 was cancelled at the end of the first decade of the second millenia of the third age…aka Bionicle was the best 2000s line, Ninjago for 2010s).

2 Likes

Interesting. Also did I see the airjitzu temple in this? Hmmmm. Also, I built the fire mech today. It is a fantastic set, with tons of detail. It was a fun build, and I’d recommend it. One thing I wanted to mention is that Kai does not have the gunmetal pauldron he does in other sets. It is strange because there is plenty of room in the cockpit to seat Kai with said accessory. But what is even weirder is that the piece is shown multiple times on the box.

• Spinjitzu Training
  • NINJAGO City Chase
  • Master Falls
  • Manta Ray Bomber
  • Water Strider
  • Green Ninja Mech Dragon
  • Fire Mech

Spinjitzu Training is undeniably the weakest of the line due to it’s small size, but it’s still a fantastic small set. The best are definitely NINJAGO City Chase, the Mech Dragon, and the Fire Mech. City Chase is filled with life and neat builds, The Mech Dragon is beautifully shaed, and the Fire Mech is impressively tall.

I would honestly recommend any of the sets listed to anyone.

I wouldn’t exactly include Ninjago into TLNM or vice versa, mostly due to the sharp differences in marketing, sets, etc. That’s not to say Ninjago is bad though. It’s a super solid theme.

4 Likes

Yeah, I’m definitely planning on getting some more sets from this line. I haven’t been this excited about a wave since the Masters!

2 Likes

Yes there was the temple of Airjitzu.
It is a let down, the Fire Mech doesn’t even has Kai’s gunmetal pauldron when he has it in every other set except on his own one. No knee joints, very limited ankle posability, saggy arms, even tho this one was my favorite set from the first look but now… it is only the 3rd or 4rt. Now I almost prefer Water Strider over it. But the Ninjago City Chase is an excellent set!

1 Like

Wow, really? Then it shows how much system has improved when it comes to the structure of the sets!

3 Likes

It really does. I imagine if you did the same to one of the older Ninjago dragons, they would break.

3 Likes

The giant mechs are a dissapointement due to the extremely limiting leg posability, to the point that they cant even be posed in any way but straight standing.

Chubbybots already made a fix to this problem. I suggest everyone copies this cause it works.
Imgur
Imgur
Imgur
Imgur
Imgur
Imgur

8 Likes

Yeah but it does take away some of the unique things I liked about it, for example the angled lower front armor and angles upper foot armor which looks so great on the set!

2 Likes

Picked up a few of the CMFs today. One was Cole, which is an excellent figure, However something was a little off. If his boom box was held in the right area, there was very little friction. I tried it on another figure, and there was no issue whatsoever, so it must be Cole. Also his arms lacked friction. I was wondering if anyone else had a similar experience with the same/different figure, or if I was just a little unlucky.

@Stuubh

Hmm. That’s really interesting. You were probably just unlucky. I haven’t been able to get anything yet, :frowning:, so I can’t confirm.

1 Like

Jay’s Poster is finally here!

15 Likes

Disgusting IGN logo, ruining a perfect poster.

9 Likes

Can we kill it.

2 Likes

I just read through this topic,
I just experienced the consensus go from ‘ruined forever’ to ‘best thing ever’ the moment the first look at the movie happened.

This topic is an excellent example of why waiting for proper info is the best course of action when it comes to entertainment.

But I digress,
The movie is looking to be good, the sets are great.

I do have one question though,
Why is Jay no longer a redhead?
Seems like a really pointless change.

9 Likes

Because he has a bluejay Jet. :wink:

We got a new scene of a brief fight between Wu and Garmadon.

9 Likes

I like the choreography they’ve got going. The amount of motion and agility that both of them fight with is fun to watch.

3 Likes

Well, that’s the amazing quality your going to get when Jackie Chan is the main choreographer.

5 Likes

And why is Zane’s hair no longer blonde? Honestly, the change in color really doesn’t bother me. Especially since he still looks like the same character.

2 Likes

After watching it a few times, the cuts look choppy, like this is just snippets from the actual fight. Maybe it’s just the editing?