Ninjago Movie Discussion (and Speculation) Topic

Wait, I thought only Lloyd will be the only one in the movie to get a Spinzitju set.

[spoiler]Reason why I said that is because the catalog showed the other ninjas spinners next to the Son of Garmadon series and one in the Ninjago Movie page (heck, they made a battle ground set with a spinner for SoG), the only exception is that they’re an exclusive variant since they are known to have exclusive printing considering character like the new Jay is mostly blue in other sets.

I also still question why they bring it back, did it sell well, and lets not forget that Spinzitzu was irrelevant in the movie.
[/spoiler]

7 Likes

It was clear that the other ones will have spinner as well. Even the catalog showed the Movie ninja designs on the page.
I know it is weird since they didn’t actually used spinzitju in the movie but it is still good for marketing and those spinners always looked good.
And obviously the designers didn’t want to left out the new spinners and they included at least one in the Sons Of Garmadon sets.

Hey look, a LNM fidget spinner… sigh

(got this pic from Brickshow btw)

7 Likes

Just think of it as a shuriken.

throw it at people who like fidget spinners.

16 Likes

I appears, new pictures along with set details of the Wave 2 sets just showed up on one of the retailer online store.

70628 LLOYD - SPINJITZU MASTER

https://bricksworld.com/collections/new-launches/products/70628

70629 PIRANHA ATTACK

https://bricksworld.com/products/70629

70631 GARMADON’S VOLCANO LAIR

https://bricksworld.com/products/70631

70632 QUAKE MECH

https://bricksworld.com/products/70632

Is the Quake Mech actually going to be $149.99 or is that just Bricks World’s price?

Edit: Must be just their’s. Any conformation of the set’s actual retial price?

$90 for 1202 pcs. Kind of a steal!

1 Like

That’s very enticing. I’m definitely interested.

For months, and I mean months, I’ve been scratching my head on how the designers would get the Quake Mech to work.

I feel like an idiot for not even thinking about a hidden rail behind the wheel.

2 Likes

Two of the boxart for Son of Garmadon have TLNM Garmadon for the cover, this is likely a placeholder since the minifigures preview are all the same, but if not; the plot will have alot of question unless he’s from another realm or an impostor.

2 Likes

The disks on the turntable are actually rotating. I wonder If Cole’s Mech can turn its shoulders forward and back because there is a technic rod on each side connected to them which makes sure the weight of the shoulders don’t angle them down, I hope they will be at least in line with each other. I kow they can be folded up and I spotted a little feature too. Since it has those large flat gears on each side of the torso. Not sure what is the feature exactly. Perhaps when you angle the shoulders forward it folds them up at the same time.

I think it is SoG Garmadon.

2 Likes

If you celebrate it, Happy Halloween!

Since the McDonalds near me no longer sell the TLNM tie in Happy Meal Toys, having moved onto Hasbro related properties, any one know where I can get the TLNM Happy Meal toys? Besides craigslist & ebay, & preferably for a good price?

<invisible gotta do my unnecessary 24hr roulette to keep my master>

Well the DvD copy is coming on December 19 (Dec. 12 for digital service), I wonder if they will add an exclusive figure like the last 2 movies.

Special Features:

• Team Supreme: Building NINJAGO - featurette
  • Rumble in the Bricks - featurette
  • Rebrick Contest Winners - featurette
  • Which Way to the Ocean – mini-movie
  • Zane’s Stand Up Promo – mini-movie
  • The Master: A LEGO NINJAGO Short – mini-movie
  • LEGO NINJAGO TV Series Sneak Peek
  • Oh, Hush! & Jeff Lewis Found My Place – Music Video
  • Everybody Have a Ninja Day – Music Video
  • Rocktagon – Music Video
  • Warlord Ballad – Music Video
  • Animation Bridge Test – Deleted Scene
  • Baby Fight – Deleted Scene
  • Dock Scene – Deleted Scene
  • Gimme Some Outtakes!
  • Commentary by Director Charlie Bean and Crew
  • 13 Promotional Videos
4 Likes

Cool, but I will get the DVD version instead of this, actually I bet you they going put the training suit version of Zane as the exclusive Minifigure.

1 Like

Jangbricks’ review of the Quake Mech.

3 Likes

I need that Crusher/Crusty minifigure, I must.

*Crusher. You can find it in The Lighning jet Set as well.

Yep, the one in the Lightning Jet is titled “Crusty,” and I am not to keen on getting the lightning jet itself, my least favorite design out of all the vehicles.

I can understand that. It is a welcomed surprise for me that Crusher uses the double face printed Karlof head. I wanted to get that from the Fire Mech but since that set had no knee articulations… I passed on it. Now I’m glad I can have a chance again to get it. Overall opinions about the set itself?
I think we shouldn’t have expected more pieces to cover up the back of the Mech as it was already seen in The Lego Ninjago Movie Game how it will look like and I am honestly fine with it. My only minor nitpick is the ratchet joints between the shoulders and the forearms. It’s not their existence but how they are placed there. I think they should have been switched around, giving more arm posability to the Mech, making it able to turn its arms side to side as well and only up and down and rotating around. In the Lego Ninjago Movie game it was switched around, giving more access to arm articulation.

Opinions? I personally really adore the look of this set, the proportions and overall look are all very well executed, in my opinion, and work well to compensate for the down-scale. The fact that the arms have any actual shoulder articulation is a god-send, and goes to show the skill of the designers behind the line. However, I am most amazed at how the designers managed to balance out a pretty wide plethora of colors so well (aside from a few blue pins).
As for your comment on the shoulder articulation, I am pretty sure that wouldn’t work in the long run. If someone, preferably a kid, was to push the mech forward, the weight of the arms would’ve likely caused them to wobble back and, at said kid pushing the mech back, forth. You’d need to have the special stoppers that are present on the armpits of the actual model to be on both ends, most likely, limiting both sides of range and making the articulation practically useless.