Nintendo Switch

Zelda looks really good. I want it a lot but, alas, I have no switch nor want to pay for one. Botw is very much a game I’d prefer on a portable platform (which honestly is the only way I’d ever use the switch). I guess I’ll get it in a few years when the inevitable nintendo price drop happens.

I feel ripped off for buying a N3ds though, we got one game, which was a port. While it was amazing it really didn’t constitute the extra cost of a new console (which, granted, I needed because my last 3ds had broken. Still an older model would’ve been much cheaper) and I’ve seen the Wii version in a few gamestops around where I live in the used section. I don’t even play the 3ds ver anymore because I can just run the game with stupid high texture filering and upscaling on my PC.
The current lineup of games doesn’t seem great either, we have Zelda, that’s about it.
Skyrim is already really old and is just a port.
Xenoblade Chronicles 2 I could write an essay on all the issues I have with it from what it’s shown. (At least they didn’t butcher world design)
Splatoon is a weird shooter that got a lot of hype but came out after the ship had sailed, I have little interest.
Mario is Mario, I have next to no interest in playing it.
In all, the switch is neat, but lacks a substantial game library that interests me and buying a console for a single game is never worth it. In that case, honestly just buy the game and emulate it.

Which ship are you referring to?

@Payinku
The hype. People were quite excited and interested by it’s E3 unveiling, however the game itself didn’t receive as much attention on launch; which I’d argue is likely due to it coming out much much later. That and the Wii U’s poor sales.
I don’t expect splatoon 2 to be any different.

Splatoon still has an active player base, I still play it occasionally and I never spend more than a minute in the lobby,
despite the poor sales of the wiiu it managed to be incredibly successful, relatively speaking given the wiiu,
so far the switch has been very successful, and splatoon2 is looking to be more successful than the first.

Both of the reasons you have for splatoon not getting the attention it deserves aren’t applicable to the sequel, the system is selling and the wait is minimal.

2 Likes

Splatoon was literally the one game that was able to boost Wii U purchases significantly. That game is still being played by many to this day.

Anyway, Nintendo also likes to save major revals for E3. If there were a Pokemon title in the works, you’d most likely see it revealed there. Skyrim may be old, but taking it on the go is great. If it has mod support? Even better. Super Mario Odyssey is a return to the sandbox Mario format. You know, classic games like Super Mario 64, Sunshine, Galaxy? It’s a return to that. XC2 is also looking to be a very solid RPG like its predecessor, and most likely fixes previous criticisms people had with XCX.

1 Like

My birthday´s next week, hopefully getting a Switch. Any ideas for first game? ((Even though Z: BOTW´s growing on me as a candidate)).

So I rented BotW for Wii U to try it out, and… It’s not that bad, tbh. I don’t think I’ll be buying it any time soon though.

I think I’ll post a beginner’s guide to it.

Zelda is probably your best bet. Don’t buy 1-2-Switch it’s not worth it. Other than BotW, I would say Shovel Knight.

1 Like

Okay then.

Other games on my radar are Shovel Knight, Yooka-Laylee (when it comes out for Switch, no physical copy tho :pensive:), and, in the future, Arms, Splatoon 2, and Mario Oddysey.

Thanks for the reply.

2 Likes

There’s also an indie lineup
Snipperclips if you have someone to play with
Fast rmx
Shovel knight
Issac
World of goo

And I personally recommend splatoon2 when it’s released.

No they won’t, I checked a little bit after the Switch launched. And no, I cannot use multiplayer on my PS4. You need PS plus to use multiplayer on PS4. Only Free to play games can be played online.

And even if I was okay with paying for multiplayer, I don’t have the money to do so right now.

I bought one, loving Zelda: BotW.

Other games I’m interested in would be:

Splatoon 2
Mario Kart 8
Disgaea 5
Fire Emblem: Warriors

RIME looks rather interesting, to me.

BotW is a no-brainer. If you’re getting a Switch, get it. You will not regret it. Apart from that, there really isn’t a huge lineup of games for the Switch. Shovel Knight is cool if you’ve never played it before. Snipperclips is a nice casual game.

I participated in the Splatoon 2 Testfire recently, and having never played Splat before, I can safely say my interest is peaked. I’m also excited about MK8D coming out in a few weeks. I’ll probably pick them both up when they come out.

1 Like

I’m just wondering how a Pokemon game would look on the Switch. Anyone else doing the same?

1 Like

good
it would look good

IIRC S/M’s models were designed to be high resolution, so I can see them working very nicely on the Switch.

2 Likes

I’ve thought about it a bit, and I dunno, I miss the bottom screen already…

Ever play Pokemon Colosseum or Gale of Darkness? Probably similar to those. Lively battle animations for a Pokemon getting knocked down and getting back up, things like that. Probably more ambitious texturing/lighting as well.

1 Like

I think it would look like the sun/moon engine but with high res textures as Slime suggested. I wouldn’t get my hopes up for a drastically new engine like Colosseum or gale of darkness, at least not yet.

2 Likes

So I rented BotW to determine whether or not I wanted to buy it, and the answer was most definitely yes.

Just stay away from the weird characters like Ganon

2 Likes

After having found this, i actually now wish that Nintendo could have made a HD remake of or a sequel for this:

Well, I am now in possession of a Nintendo Switch and two of it’s games.

I have to say, it definitely lives up to my expectations, I have yet to actually play on it though, II’ve just been messing around with it.

3 Likes