Nintendo Switch

So there are 4 different types of controllers:
1: The duel Wii style nun-chucks
2: The flipped over two-player nun-chucks
3.The two controllers attached to a piece that makes the back feel more like a classic controller
4: The separate controller that does not attach to the console and will most likely be sold separately

2 Likes

Iā€™d probably use the nunchucks because I like the freedom the Wii remote offered. Itā€™ll make gaming more fun IMO.

Now hereā€™s the question: what will catch on, the Switch or VR?

1 Like

ā€¦
Both?

Tbh, VR is very gimmicky and limited, this is basically the ultimate mobile console.

2 Likes

Certainly. This thing is packing a modified Nvidia Tegra processor.

2 Likes

Being able to play skyrim remastered on mobile should be enough to be excited about this thing

Like just picture the potential that holds for the future (fallout 4??)

2 Likes

Iā€™d prefer DOOM personally. As much as I love fallout, I thought of the new doom before I thought about fallout 4.

Though thatā€™s probably partially because I find doom on a Nintendo console to be inherently more entertaining to me, as well as my disappointment in 4.

I Hope the Wii U ports will either be free or less then 10 dollars for people who already own the origional ones

honestly I donā€™t think VR will stay for too long.

whether Switch will catch on remains to be seen.

Honestly, how many wiiu ports do you think weā€™ll even get?

I wouldnā€™t be surprised if it was everyone

More realistically, weā€™ll probably end up with decently well/really well sold titles that arenā€™t getting near-launch sequels,
so, for example, Splatoon wonā€™t be ported because itā€™s getting a sequel.
If the dev isnā€™t going to make the porting costs back the game wonā€™t be ported.

but splatoon is being portedā€¦

Not unless theyā€™re giving the character creation an overhaul.
I feel like Iā€™m the only one who noticed the different hair styles on the inklings in the switch reveal.

The hair styles are obvious, but did you notice that the weapons look different as well?
Plus, Iā€™m not even sure I recognize that stage. Although we did only see the spawn points.

Itā€™s just going to be a port with better lighting and 1080p

I didnā€™t notice the weapons, but I did notice the stage.
it looks like the same but better, which is all I want from a ā€œspla-two-nā€.

Iā€™m excited for the mk8 overhaul

Iā€™d just like to say, with the prevalence of PC gaming as of late, a device that borders handheld and home console is a great way to give your console an advantage over others. By doing this it doesnā€™t have to be the most powerful thing ever and itā€™s portable. It can reach two markets at the same time and wonā€™t face as much judgment for not being 4k with 60fps because itā€™s portable. I donā€™t think itā€™s gonna hurt the home console all that much, but from that perspective itā€™s a definite advantage.

2 Likes

Me too, especially since itā€™s one of the few competitive games Iā€™m good at. Though I have to wonder whether itā€™s an overhaul or a sequel that uses the same engine, considering that the players have two items and King Boo isnā€™t in mk8.

So I made a thing

warning: thereā€™s a few poopoo words

Seems the console already has backlash.

6 Likes

THE HYPE IS REAL MY DUDES
AAAAAAH
pls come quick

1 Like