Nintendo Switch

“No new information until 2017”

1 Like

I wouldn’t mind a Zelda launch title TBH.

1 Like

Breath of the wild…?

I know it’s multiplat, but it is technically a launch title for NS.

1 Like

Thats what I mean. That game can be the launch game.

It’s pretty likely that it will be. The game was originally going to be launched last year, but was delayed for unspecified reasons coupled with PR b.s. The NS was likely the reason for that delay, because they needed a game that people were excited for in order to get the console up off the ground.

I’d put money on there being multiple launch titles, you don’t sell units off a single game.

1 Like

I can see that too. Hopefully all the launch titles are awesome though.

I am very, VERY excited for the NS. Now, to convince my parents…

1 Like

Okay then. Didn’t remember that.

I’m hoping we get a new (actual) Metroid game on this system, and a Mario launch title that isn’t New Super Mario Bros.

2 Likes

so, things don’t look so good for the Switch:

and keep in mind, Digital Foundry and Eurogamer have been right with many of the rumors of Nintendo Switch, so its highly possible that this is true.

What were people expecting? This is a mobile console, was anyone seriously delusional enough to think it would be as powerful as a ps4 hardware-wise?

I don’t understand why people are doomsaying based solely on rumored hardware specs, Nintendo always squeezes every drop of power out of their hardware and I doubt this is different, I mean we’ve seen botw running fine, people need to chill out and wait for the press release.

5 Likes

For a portable console that can become a home console, that’s VERY good. Especially considering how awful the 3DS specs were.

At the very least, HD Pokemon is going to bring the console success regardless. Did you know that the reason battles lag in the 3DS Pokemon games is because the models used for each Pokemon are actually super detailed? They did this specifically so that in future generations they wouldn’t have to remodel 800+ Pokemon each time new hardware came out.

5 Likes

The only thing that worries me about the Switch is whether it will sell well.

2 Likes

Yeah, if Nintendo has a repeat of what happened with the Wii U, then thy might be in trouble

Also, hopefully they give sellers enough copies to sell unlike what they did with the nes mini

2 Likes

Statistically, hardware with a main seres Pokemon game skyrockets into year round success. The 3DS showed similar patterns that the Wii U did (suffered awful sales, confusing name, gimmicky concept that made the device suffer from very meh specs), then X and Y were released and the thing exploded (and sadly killed the Vita…)

If they can get an HD main series Pokemon game out, then they’re set. Hopefully that rumor about STARS was right.

Honestly, my top worry is whether third party support will sell well. That and whether Nintendo will actually make a proper sequel to SM64/SM Sunshine, because that was the closest we ever got to open world Mario.

1 Like

Of course, a little convenient low stocks could cause the system to appear more successful.
Not saying that will happen mind, just a hypothetical.

1 Like

So like, Arms is just Wii Sports boxing on all kinds of drugs right?

1 Like

It looks like a replacement for Punch-Out!!

Also, ZELDA LAUNCH TITLE YES!

2 Likes

Yeah, but…

It’s Wii Sports boxing.

I love me some Wii Sports boxing…

2 Likes