Nintendo Switch

So I managed to snag a Switch by waiting 9 hours at my Gamestop on launch day. It’s hard to say how well the console itself is, since I’ve only been playing Zelda on it, but overall it seems alright so far.

Some things that I’ve noticed:

• It’s a bit tricky to take the joycons out of the console. So the way you remove them is simple in concept: hold down a button on the back of the joycon, and lift it out. The issue is that you need to steady the console while you do this. It just so happens that the power button is conviently located right where you hand would normally go to steady it. It’s not really a huge problem, but it’s definitely annoying at times.

• The left joycon did go weird for a bit. I was playing Zelda on my TV, when my left joycon started not working 100%.Thankfully it resolved itself after a few moments, and seems to be working totally fine now. I just don’t know it will stay that way.

3 Likes

Slime, heads up, get a screen protector, the dock can scratch the screen.

2 Likes

Oh man, really? Any suggestions for screen protectors that don’t act as a detriment to image display quality for people on a tight budget? I’m a bit of an eccentric when it comes to scratches. I sent my 2DS in to have the screen replaced under warranty because of a single spec of dust that was trapped in it during manufacturing.

1 Like

I got my screen protector before I even heard about that. Super glad I did.

I just got a generic Switch screen protector at Best Buy for $7. It seems to work well enough.

Just a big question to people who got a Switch, how many were at the store because this better not be the NES Classic all over again. (also I to buy one and hope stock isn’t low)

1 Like

Well, I get my knowledge for these things from blunty, and as he stated in his video on the scratches, he somehow lost his review copy, as I don’t currently have a switch I didn’t look into the matter further, but as slime expressed, the generic one should work fine, as long as you apply it correctly.

1 Like

Thanks Switch Marketing! I totally want to get up at three in the morning and get my dad to drive me to the closest Best Buy where I can get a piece of paper that allows me to buy a 300$ video game console that will probably be out of stock until December!

2 Likes

dude there’s plenty

at least five

…per country

6 Likes

That’s at least 3 more than the botw limited edition, still infinitely salty I didn’t order one in time.
I want that case so bad.

1 Like

Well on the topic of the switch…

It’s a connection problem.

If the beam on the inside of the Joycon gets obstructed by nearly anything, it starts having issues. It’s a minor nitpick but something to be aware of at least.

2 Likes

For those of you that missed out on a Switch, call your local Gamestops today and ask if they have any. As of today, the 48 hour deadline to pick up a pre-ordered system has ended, meaning those systems are up for grabs for anyone who walks in.

1 Like

Does that include games?
I think I just found a potential way to get that limited edition. :smiling_imp:

Edit: :no_mouth: welp, no luck there.

Hope everyone else enjoys theirs.

1 Like

Still nothing, worker said it could be weeks before more come in.

Buying a console shouldn’t be this hard.

I’ve wanted my hands on one since the presentation.

It will be too long before I get one, but at least by the time I do it will have a larger game library.

4 Likes

Same here.

Would’ve preordered it if it didn’t sell out within seconds. Probably’ll get it when Mario Kart 8 Deluxe and Splatoon 2 come out, or sooner.

1 Like

There are apparently 500+ Switches on Amazon unopened but from a third party seller and 400 dollars and up, if anyones desperate and has 100 extra dollars.

And yet all the games are in stock. /s

I love playing Zelda on my 2ds. I love my amazing Switched on 2ds. Nintendo struck gold with this 3 year old system! I’m so astonishedly depressed that I don’t have the Switch!

7 Likes

@Lost_Head Hey, you still have ALBW, which in my opinion is superior in every aspect to ALttP. It’s also the Zelda that they used to experiment with how to go about implementing freedom of exploration in BotW.

1 Like

I’ve been meaning to rent BotW for a while now, but I’ve had to fight to get it because of how many people want it. Sheesh, this is ridiculous.

Honestly, I don’t believe in renting. I think it’s only second to piracy, since the publisher and devs get money for one copy, yet the company that puts it out for rent makes money from several consumers that had showed an interest in the game. That effectively steals potentially deserved income earned by the devs and the publisher. The whole basis of capitalism is that you work and get fully compensated for your work. I feel the same way about used games as well.

Because of all that, it wouldn’t be morally right if I didn’t at least urge you to either buy it from a retailer legitimately, or to wait and save up so you can buy it legitimately. The game is really good, and waiting a month or so to get the money needed to purchase an actual legitimate copy isn’t going to make it degrade in quality. The Zelda team spent a lot of time and worked really hard on this title. Respect that by not handing profit off to companies that allow you to rent

1 Like