Non-american childrens television

let´s talk about your favourite or least favourite non american childrens shows.
i´m going to say that there should be no discussion about anime in here as there already exists a multitude of topics for that.
I´ll start by presenting my favourite kids show from my home country of Sweden.
i give to you all “Vintergatan” or as i like to call it Swedish Star Trek for kids
intro season 1

intro season 2

intro 2010 reboot/continuation

Might I suggest this topic being renamed something along the lines of Non-American Kids Shos?

Oh, wait, that already happened…

U cant beat round the twist

1 Like

I just started watching batman: the animated series. Despite being 15 now, I love it. I wish it had been around when I was a kid.

i´m sorry but batman the animated series is american

Oh lol misread the title
Whoopsies

may i present to you a Swedish character that can rival the popularity of the works of Astrid Lindgren here in Sweden.
this is Bamse the worlds strongest bear.

Bamse had an original blck and White run on tv in 1966 and a second coloured series in 1973 and a Movie in Cinemas in 2014. he has had a hit comic book that has ran since 1973 and is still running today. there has been multiple theatrical performanses too, even Music albums.

1 Like

I remember when’s i was younger I went to Holland. The shows there were all in dutch and they freaked me out.

I don’t really remember them much. I just remember being creeped out.

1 Like

Pokemon and the Wiggles are the only things I can think of right now. Most of the other stuff I remember watching as a kid were American.

1 Like

What. A. Classic.

I know what I’m doing tonight.

2 Likes

All those Kid shows are made in the Our pals in the north, Canada that included Beast Wars and Reboot.

I don’t have many experiences with non american TV, but there is this one obscure children’s show from Czechslovakia, called Slniekcko, that I watched an episode of online. The main character, Ratafak Plachta, just strikes me as so unbelievably creepy.

This is just a clip from one of the episodes

That is haunting.

1 Like

When I was fourteen I watched a bunch of different Super Sentai series, the two that I remember the most were Kyrouger and Gokaiger.