Obscure/Ridiculous LEGO/BIONICLE Products Discussion

I found this old radio box:

https://i.imgur.com/nA15bvL.png

https://i.imgur.com/zsY1Pmh.png

It’s relatively clean, but labeled around $20.

15 Likes

Well looks everyone wants to make there very own LEGO movie.

5 Likes

Lego Studios was better.

3 Likes

In what way?

Actually being cool I suppose, and being ways of getting Jurassic Park, more johnny thunder and more spider-man.

2 Likes

Lego Studios was better.

Lego Studios was an entire theme devoted to movie making, I don’t think it’s fair to compare the two. But this set is lacking compared to the Steven Spielberg Moviemaker set.

4 Likes

Considering the title of this set, yes, it is. If they’re going to release a set with a title like that, they need to include things to follow through with it. You should have parts that give you all you need to make a movie set. This is literally a bare minimum.

There were so many things they could’ve done to make this concept fun, but all I see is missed opprotunity and a lack of creativity from the creators of the set, and for what can be MADE with the set.

2 Likes

I just realized that thief has Jay’s face; I guess that’s ninja, but it’s also really lazy.

Wait. I MUST PROTECT MY TITLE! TO EBAY!

The best Lego keyring to date. :traffic_light:

This Nutcracker is also pretty swell, especially due to it’s hardly System based and gives an expressing when the back handle is raised.

6 Likes

but can it actually be used as a brick separator?

3 Likes

It’d be a pretty silly keychain if it couldn’t :stuck_out_tongue:

From what I can see, it’s bassically a brick seperator with a hole drilled through it (and a doubled price tag).

3 Likes

NGL I’d buy that brick separator keychain. There’s sometimes when you’re building with Lego and you’re not home where your other separators are, so it would be nice to have one on-the-go.

4 Likes

I agree with Pizza Parker, it is very convenient, if not for the odd price.

3 Likes

Looks like one of the producer took artwork from wikiHow and added leftover Ninjago Movie merch to pass as a set-

12 Likes

added leftover Ninjago Movie merch to pass as a set

dollar store merch

7 Likes

Hey guys, I found it.

3 Likes

How is it lazy to re-use an in-production piece? It’s being used in a completely different theme.

What exactly do you think would have been needed to create the “ideal movie set”? Keep in mind that this is a book that teaches you how to make stop-motion movies and is not intended to be like LEGO’s other recent “movie-making” sets.

2 Likes

Yeah you’re right, This assumes that the person buying it has legos to use, they only put in the ones to use as an example.
(And to put the price up :gregf:)

It’s more the gender of the “thief” than anything; using the female hair and picking out the Jay face feels like a quickly cobbled-together minifig. Of course, that’s completely up to the viewer.