Umarak’s the one to talk, he’s much more ancient than Ekimu :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Or is he?

2 Likes

PLOT TWIST: EKIMU IZ DA JUAN OF SHADOWZ!!11
EVUL EKEEMU
/s

1 Like

We didn’t know how lomg he was on a cliff saying that it had only just begun.

My theory would be this:

-At first, there are only the six primary elemental stars / planets / Toa.
-Okoto is formed from these primary elements (intentionally?).
-A place where all primary elements are absent forms the Shadow Realm; a place where all the elements are present becomes the Light Realm (aka regular Okoto).

-A creature is born from each of the primary elements.
-Umarak is born from the Shadow Realm and Agil from the Light Realm. The two balance eachother.

-(An unspecified amount of time) later, Ekimu and Makuta form from Light and Shadow, or become associated with Light and Shadow (similar to the Toa, though not to the same extent as how the Toa are the elements themselves). This grants them the same immortality as the Creatures.

-Much later, Makuta creates the MUP, which has the potential to be the Mask of Light if worn by the right individual (due to combining all primary elements). Unfortunately, Makuta’s connection to Shadow destabilises it and causes it to transform into a Mask of Shadow, ejecting all the elements in a huge explosion (in order to become the “absence of elements”).
-As Makuta gathers power, the elements themselves take humanoid form as Toa to stop Shadow overcoming Light. Their transformation means a loss of memory. The “present-day” events follow from here.

7 Likes

Okay, after a four-day blackout of JTO (I thought it easier to pay for a month of Netflix on August first rather than July 28…) I have finally seen the final two episodes.

Spoiler free: WATCH IT. If you liked Bionicle G1 or G2 in any capacity, just please watch it. I’m not saying you’ll like it per se, I just believe that it’s something we all should see. (says the man who intentionally waited four days before watching it because he wanted to watch it legitimately instead of bootlegging it early.)

On to Spoilers: (this is one big spoiler block, so be warned when you click.)

[spoiler] I did however read LEGO’s facebook post officially canceling Bionicle on July 29th, so I knew this would be the end before I watched the episodes. So obviously, I’m going to have a different reaction than everyone else. I knew this would be the end before I even watched it, so it stung a little less. Here are my random thoughts that I can remember:

Pohatu “kisses” his muscles, and I cringed.

Gali calls Ekimu the “Toa of Light” and I cringe, but then relax when he denies it and says that he’s “just an old man.” I liked that.

I felt that all the Toa had time to shine and that the action and fight sequences were better than the first two episodes.

The villagers pitch in and defend themselves: “Great! NOW WHY DIDN’T YOU DO THAT WHEN THE SKULL SPIDERS ATTACKED?”

I felt that the dialogue was equal parts funny and awkward. Lewa’s protests at it being “easy” and the “We have the element of Surprise on our side” gag being among the funniest. I don’t really remember any specific awkward deliveries, but it was mostly exposition that was awkward.

Gali Dies: “What… the… CENSORED!

Makuta’s “Ultimate” Form: “I want it, I need it, and at least I knew we wouldn’t get it ahead of time so there’s no use getting my hopes up. but seriously, I would have bought that.”

The Toa sacrificing themselves in order to banish Makuta: I feel that it was a fitting heroic end. Fairly open-ended enough to let our imaginations play out their return, but with enough finality to close the book on any uncertainty about this line’s continuation. [/spoiler]
aaand a break here. Below I discus the ending in greater detail, how I felt after the end.

I am sad to see this line go before its full three years, but I feel that it is for the best. Think of it this way: We are the Toa/Protectors/Villagers and LEGO is Ekimu. Only they have all the answers, but they are not allowed to share all of them. They may return if needed, but I will offer my thoughts on that at a later date. For the moment, I agree with @Mesonak, I feel that it would be better if Bionicle would never be brought back at all. We have our memories, We have each other, and we have the whole world before us.

11 Likes

Can any one tell me how I can possibly create or get a gif of Pohatu kissing his bicep? I think it’s hilarious and awesome.

Also other hilarious things in JtO:

-Makuta is mentioned briefly before coming through the dark portal, and Kopaka is there pointing and saying “There he is!” It’s adorable.
-Pohatu after destroying a bunch of rocks rolled forward by Quake Beasts…then being like “it’s too soon” gives up
-“We still love you Tahu” - Nice.
-“Why didn’t you just do that earlier?” “I dunno…I guess I wasn’t angry enough” “Oh…I thought you were angry all the time” (paraphrased)
-OK and just for awesomeness sake…“I am Toa Pohatu, Uniter of Stone, and this is my house!”

4 Likes

That really felt like a Hulk joke.

4 Likes

I just finished watching Journey to One (wanted to wait till I was home to use my 3dTV), and I can honestly say I am completely and utterly overjoyed with the way it turned out.

When BIONICLE was announced as ending, I expected to get a disappointing cliffhanger ending, but this wrapped up exactly how I wanted it to when the line was rebooted last year. the way makuta was defeated by all the toa teaming up, just like in the end of MNOG was perfect. As soon as Gali said for duty I was begging for Tahu to say Destiny, and when he did I was ecstatic. I think the whole thing was very well done and I am completely satisfied with that end. Also when he said BIONICLE in the end. Man I just love it so much.

And to be honest I’m not even mad we aren’t getting a Makuta set. If we did, there’s no way it’d look as cool as it did in JtO. If someone can figure out how to build it, and we get either a polybag MoUP or just a well done 3D printed one, I’ll be happy to build that combo model as my Makuta instead.

I know I was really angry about it before, and I apologize for my earlier ranting, but JtO changed my mind. I absolutely love this end and I think it was the right time to do it. Thank you Lego, for an awesome end to an awesome series.

I love BIONICLE and I always will. It’s been great being part of this community once again, and I thank you guys for making G2 awesome. The time will come soon to say goodbye, but until then, for duty, for unity, for destiny!

2 Likes

[quote=“Kiixaar, post:1458, topic:19591, full:true”] We are the Toa/Protectors/Villagers and LEGO is Ekimu.
[/quote]

Go back to sleep Ekimu.

3 Likes

I came up with a Theory - as proven above, Ekimu is Lego - Lego cancelled Bionicle which means that Ekimu is evil confirmed. 10/10

7 Likes

I just noticed something.

Those glowing runes on the labyrinth of Control fade away when Umarak takes the Mask of Control.

The Labyrinth was literally powered by the Mask of Control.

That’s interesting.

~W12~

8 Likes

They dont fade away, they just follow the characters as they walk.

1 Like

@Signerdragon123, you have done well :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

(TBH I Like the JTO voices better…For those two anyway)

1 Like

Thanks. One thing I’d personally like would be for the Journey to One voice actors (and maybe the Narrator of the 2015 animations) to retell the G1 novels in audiobook form.

3 Likes

Oh man, that’d be sweet!

Does anyone else remember the scene in JTO where the Storm Beasts revive and the first thing they do is send a giant lighting bolt at three villagers standing at the gate and wreck them only for their bodies to be gone in the next scene?

Because that was the both the darkest and strangest scene from the entirety of JTO in my opinion.

12 Likes

I had to rewatch the scene three times in order to see that they hadn’t been turned into ashes.
Guess the lightning wasn’t “powered up” enough.

3 Likes

Or it was so powered up that rather than turning them into ashes, it straight up took them out of existence without a trace.

3 Likes