Official BIONICLE: Journey to One Discussion Topic

It certainly isn’t Nathan Furst, but these are still some pretty great tracks.

7 Likes

Can I have a link to the tracks?

1 Like

The Toa’s theme is divine :relieved:

7 Likes

Yeah, it really has a “Toa” feeling to it, I cant quite describe it.

6 Likes

If only the Toa were as divine and like legendary heroes who fell from the heavens than they really were.

“Potato?” “I didn’t slip!” “that’s bad!”

4 Likes

For sure. In fact, I nearly got the impression that it went further than G1 ever did; the toa trekked across the desert to reach the sight of an ancient apocalypse, when they lose all their weapons and powers, and fight against a mindless brute that’s twice as tall as they are. Then, one of their number accidentally gets sucked into he*l, where Makuta imprisoned not only everyone who was present for the MOUP demonstration but also the souls of the dead. Finally, Makuta almost escapes until all the Toa sacrifice their lives to save the island. they might have thought “well, it’s getting canceled anyway, might as well go all out.”

11 Likes

I always thought that Makuta saying "the ‘end game’ has begun!" sounded a bit out of place…

I know this is a stretch but, could that be a reference to one of the graphic novel titles from G1, which was coincidentally the one right before Makuta took over the Mata Nui robot?

5 Likes

While the coincidental nature of the connection is cool, I doubt it was an intentional callback. The term “endgame” is used frequently by villains, so it’s likely just a generic bit of dialogue.

6 Likes

You know what, have we ever gotten a solid answer as to what the heck the title “Journey To One” even means?!?!?!??

(403 forbade me to post this ten times in a row btw)

7 Likes

Something to do with the Toa being “united but not one” or “being one with the elements” thing, but I dunno, I guess maybe a more solid answer was in the original script. :confounded:

6 Likes

Maybe the one planet that draw the energy from the 6 Toa?

1 Like

I always assumed it had to do with the Toa operating “Like one” or the Toa and the Creatures becoming united.

Journey to One. The Journey to becoming one with the creatures. The unification process was this year’s thing.

Nope, at least not initially. We learned about the name late last summer/early fall. The script rewrites to accommodate for the sudden decision to cancel the theme happened this early winter, and is why it was delayed from a February release.

Or it could mean the finale where the Toa used their “true powers” as one. Thus, the events prior are the journey to that moment.

Ahem. They JOURNEYED to ONE Mask. Obvious. /s

Anyway, with Journey to One, they didn’t have the proper use of “Chekhov’s gun”
There were many “riffle” on the “wall” which were never “fired”.

6 Likes

I think it’s the mobile version.

1 Like

Does anyone have any high-quality screenshots of JtO scenes, specifically of the Toa’s beam vs Makuta’s beam, for a desktop? Thanks!

Maybe you could take some screenshots from here?

Not the best quality, great video though.

9 Likes