Official BIONICLE: Journey to One Discussion Topic

Nevermind, figured it out:

11 Likes

It was cool.

Shoulda been “What It Takes to Be a Hero” or whatever the song is called.

3 Likes

So…much…purple :no_mouth:

@prpldragon is actually the lead artist for TJtO :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

This problem would have been solved if Makuta just stepped out of the portal. He would have been at his full strength and probably defeated the Toa.

3 Likes

I Finally got around to watching the last 2 episodes of Bionicle: Journey To One…
Some of the dialogue was cheesy, and seemed very similar to another color coded hero team I particularly like, but it did have its good parts. There’s just one thing that bothers me…

Why the heck was Makuta even in this series? He didn’t do anything! Sure he turned Umarak into a giant green rage monster, and took a whole city with him to the Shadow Realm, but that seems so insignificant compared to the calculated planner that G1 Makuta was. I think I might start calling G2 Makuta M.I.N.O., Makuta In Name Only.

1 Like

I assume he was going to end up coming through for the 2017 storyline and then 2017 would end with him getting banished back to the Shadow Realm forever and the Toa going back to the stars, but since the line got axed this year, they condensed the ending of G2 into this, making so that Makuta was a very lackluster villain.

1 Like

Which is very, very unfortunate.
I think they needed that third year for everything to make sense and for better closure.

2 Likes

The ending is still super-lame, tbh…
Even the Breakout (Hero Factory) ending was more exciting than this…

2 Likes

To be fair, it could have ended with the Toa flying off in their generic spaceship, not knowing about the Skull Spider cocoon in the back…

7 Likes

They could have cut a lot of fat out like lines that didn’t matter and the second Umarak fight. We could have had Makuta emerge, say a few lines, and blast the Toa, prompting them to blast him with the elements. They would reach a standstill, and Ekimu could reason with Makuta, and take off the MoUP. Makuta would turn back to normal, and they would throw the MOUP into the portal. The Toa would sacrifice themselves to seal the portal and the mask would explode, bringing back the villagers and the Capital City. Makuta would be redeemed and it would have been great if they had foresight like this instead of rushing…

5 Likes

I still think NickonAquaMagna’s ideal ending was the best:

During the Makuta beam fight, Ekimu jumps in front of the laser and sacrifices himself, banishing Makuta back to the shadow realm. The Toa fall to the ground, weakened, when they hear Ekimu’s voice coming from the heavens. He tells them that they can write their own prophecy and create their own destiny, and that he wants them to enjoy life, and to continue living with the Okoatans.

For more of that, watch this:

I put it right at the part I was talking about, but feel free to watch the whole thing if you haven’t.

That would’ve been so much better. I wouldn’t even be that mad that we didn’t get 2017 if that’s how they wrapped up JTO.

11 Likes

"This is my lifetime’s journey, yours lies beyond.’

13 Likes

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees.

Gosh darnit Lego this ending had so much potential and you had to ruin it.

11 Likes

Imagine if Ekimu combined with Agil to stop Makuta once and for all, rather then just wasting that hype on a flashbang…

5 Likes

Yes and I would finally see that dual between Ekimu and Makuta I was promised. Dual of the Mask Makers, that sounds like as good book.

3 Likes

I’m totally using this to end my headcanon storyline. It’s beautiful.

5 Likes

I know this is a little late but I felt like giving my two cents about the last two episodes of The Journey to One. Like most people, I thought the last episode of JtO was bad. It just had too many rushed, half baked, contrived, and just plain stupid moments that I wasn’t pleased with for me to like it such as:

-The beasts literally getting their butts kicked by average Okotan villagers. No explanation needed.

-The fact that the planet’s elements draw energy from the Toa. It could be argued that the Toa are living incarnations of the elements, but it still doesn’t make much sense to me. Why should naturally occurring phenomena like fire and common elements like plant life and water need these magical bio mechanical star beings to exist? Shouldn’t it be vice versa like it was in G1 where it was the opposite, that the Toa drew elemental energy to fuel their powers from the environment? wouldn’t that make more sense? I don’t know about others, but to me this plot point came off as incredibly forced and dumb.

-The Toa’s destiny literally being written in stone and being pre determined by some prophecy scrawled on a wall. Yes, even in G1 destiny was a major value and theme, but the way it was handled really rubbed me the wrong way. Gali seemed so confident in her team’s victory it was as though it was an absolute certainty and that she “just had to be there” or something like that. I like to think of destiny as more of the purpose of someone or something’s existence rather than some cosmically decided fate, as the latter being assigned to a character in a work of fiction feels like it removes the suspense of a story, and this wasn’t helped in JtO when Makuta was quickly defeated in a laser light show, but that is another point entirely that I’ll cover in a bit.

-Ekimu giving himself a more powerful form to assist the Toa in their fight against Umarak and the Beasts just to sacrifice said form without doing much to save the Toa from some shadow-mud stuff. It just seemed so anti climactic regarding this form and made the whole transformation feel like it was made redundant. We were shown this epic clash between him and Umarak the Destroyer in the box comics and thus were expecting as much and we didn’t get it.

-And last but not least, Makuta in general and his “fight” with the Toa at the conclusion of the series. I just feel like we didn’t get the chance to see Makuta’s motivations and personality be explored and expanded upon in the story as much as it should have been. and his swift defeat was only the last missed opportunity and insult to a poorly fleshed out antagonist
whose only defining quality was his jealousy of Ekimu and whose only purpose was bossing around lackeys to fight the Toa in the story.

4 Likes

i don’t think they meant that plant life, fire, stone and earth, water and ice could not exist if the toa where not on the planet, i think they meant it more that their bodies gave of elemental energy that created elemental crystals… given that is where the elemental energy is, instead of needing to cut down plants to create elemental Jungle masks.

also if they drew elemental energy from the planet, then the Toa would be 100% powerless against Umarak when they faced off against him in the shadow “mountain”.

3 Likes