Official RPGs Development Topic

A solution could be to remind users to include at the bottom of their post which events they were attached to.

I’m not sure how that’d work out… I’m just going to do them individually

If I were you I would make one big RPG. It’s easier to get people invested and involved when a bunch of different stories can overlap, as opposed to “We’re going to do this, and then we’re going to do this, and then we’re going to do this.”

That way the players can always branch off and do their own things separate from the overarching narrative. One thing to remember, in anything really, is to not bite off more than you can chew, and to not assume things before you even get started. You might have enough for a whole series/universe of games, but people might only stick around to play one. Would you rather have one game that gets played, or two or three that die?

To each their own though.

3 Likes

That’s kind of the point. I want to allow people to still have fun in a superhero setting, without having to participate/contribute in stories they don’t like

Just to test reception, how many folks would be interested in a Warhammer Age of Sigmar RP?

2 Likes

I do play basketball little bit of kill team and 40k so that sounds like fun time.

If it’s not dependent on knowing anything about the game, sure!

(I’d play it, as long as I don’t have to have any knowledge about the game.)

I’d probably give a brief lore description anyways.

3 Likes

cool!

Never really done anything Warhammer, could probably get into it though.

I’ve been toying with a Destiny RPG concept. Just because autohitting could totally be allowed due to, yanno, revives for days. Also because there’s a crazy amount of background lore and stuff that could be explored without touching events in the actual game.

4 Likes

Ok so what I’m doing is I’m making the first one, (taking place in 1993), then it’ll tie into one taking place closer to now. There’ll also be side stories and stuff that don’t directly connect to the main story

1 Like

How many would be interested in a Golden Sun RP? Any info you’d absolutely need would be listed in the first post of the Signup, and I’d link a wiki for those curious enough to look for other things about the world. As for structure, people would most likely stay together in 1 group, maybe 2 at the very most due to the danger of the world they’re in, having been primarily taken over by dark forces. Their goal is to either survive long enough for things to return to normal, or get out of the effected area.

1 Like

I made this little RP Idea, what do y’all think?

Tournament: Beginnings

“The world has abandoned war. In order to settle national and international conflicts, to lessen the bloodshed, the UN approved the creation of Tournament. These Tournaments replace all war, taking wars place in the world. The rules are simple, all weapons and form of killing a being are allowed, the tournament must be sanctioned by the UN, otherwise that country is considered a traitor to the UN and will be abolished. Tournaments consists of three rounds, first are the objective rounds, each nations team must complete their given objectine, second are team rounds, consisting of five members maximum and two minimum and they will last until one team is completely dead, three is a duel round consisting of the two strongest warriors of each nation, these will last until one is dead.

You’re a new warrior? I wouldn’t worry about death, it is a honor to die for your nation, can you won’t be fighting, your projection clone will. Projection Clones are the latest technology, it allows us to send your consciousness to a clone body, that matches your own. You will be equipped with the weapons you require. All we need you to do is sign this form and you’ll be ready to compete in Tournament, don’t worry your clone’s death is the least of your worries.”

The robotic feminine voice confirms satisfied. A robot arm hands you a sheet of paper, a pen, and a clipboard to write on the paper. Other than the standard medical clothes you are wearing and the blank white room, with a single basic bed. The paper read:

|| Name:
|| Age:
|| Citizenship or Nation of Origin or country you are currently are a citizen of:
|| Gear:
|| Innate Abilities:
|| A little about yourself:
|| Signature and Passcode:

So what do you think. I might set this one up after the reset, when that happens. I’ve had too many ideas for RPs lately, but so far this one has stuck.

For reference Innate are kinda super powers but mostly nerfed and weakened. They would be more focused on “realistic” super powers, however if there is a power someone wanted and they could “explain” it within reason of the RP world than it would work.

3 Likes

yo it’s the plot of g gundam without the giant robots

1 Like

I just noticed that as well. I really should’ve noticed that.

Later…

Much later…

[wanted to double post here, I’ll be honest.]
So I was recently thinking of starting up a Gundam Build Fighters RP eventually. I might shoot for Summer or something. I’m mainly here to hear for suggestions and hopefully see how much interest there might be in a RP like this.

The tournament structure I was thinking of is a three match structure, basically three different types of matches. There would be 1v1s or Duels, where on member is selected and they fight in a small arena. There would be 2v2s or Duos, where two members of a team work together to complete the victory objective, such as capturing a flag to a straight melee fight to a normal brawl. The last would be team battles or 3v3s, where the entire team faces off to claim victory. Again with the team battles the victory conditions could change.

3 Likes

Count me in!
Do you know much about gundam?

1 Like

I’ve watched all of Build Fighters, 00, a bit of Seed, the first season of IBO, and all of Unicorn, except for Narrative. I’ve watched a decent amount of the anime, though bmy knowledge of the entirety isn’t the best.

1 Like

Okay
Yeah
I’ve watched 0, I just build the kits.
Lol

1 Like

A great place to start is the Build Series and Gundam Unicorn which are both on the official youtube channel.

1 Like

Oh, cool! Thanks!