Official "Show Your Bionicle Collection" Topic

Really nice, they look fantastic all together, I just wish I had that much space for them! My collection is scattered all around my house, through different rooms.

1 Like

Y’all got amazing collections guys!

As for me to be blunt I have quite a big one myself and I really want to show it off, I just need to figure out how to get some good pics of it. Most of it is disassembled and stored away in either boxes or original cannisters but I can share my brickset list of sets I own if anyone’s interested as a placeholder/overview until I can get pics.
As for collectibles and other Memorabilia its a bit easier for me to take pics of so you’ll likely not see many sets unless they are built or special in someway.

1 Like

I’m pretty sure the only regular retail sets I’m still missing are Gadunka, Hydraxon, Gahdok (for some reason I only have Cahdok), Dume and Nivawk, Takanuva ‘08, Vastus, Kiina, Pahrak, Jaller Inika, Bitil, Voporak, Roporak and Keelerak.

Still got a lot of the vehicles to go, though, along with the larger Rahi a few of the special editions from 2008-2009.

You see, the strange thing is that I always like having duplicates so that I have lots of parts to Moc with while keeping my sets intact, so almost every set I have I’ll also have a second (third or fourth in some cases.).

3 Likes

All of my sets are currently scrapped except Mazeka and the Rockoh T3, but here is what I own.

Mazeka
Rockoh T3

Gali
Tahu
Kopaka
Skull Slicer

Ikir
Uxar
Kopaka/Melum
Lewa
Pohatu
Ekimu
Umarak the Destroyer

Planning to get:

Turaga Dume and Nivawk

Lord of Skull Spiders

Baranus V7

1 Like

My collection consists entirely of MOCs.

2 Likes

20210307_222951 20210307_223012

a small fraction of my collection.

3 Likes

Haven’t been a collector for too long but I think I’ve amassed a decent collection

The last pic is a pic of all my MOCs

4 Likes

This is what my childhood bionicle collection looked like. I basically dropped out after 2005. Most of the post '05 stuff I have now is incomplete sets I got secondhand years later through yard sales, craigslist or bricklink.

4 Likes

Oh, dang! So you’re one of the OG Bionicle fans.

What was it like back in the golden age of Bonk? I only got to really experience '03 onward.

What was it like back in the golden age of Bonk?

It was pretty much the same as the rest of the series to be honest, only the guys were smaller.

I mean more so in terms of marketing, atmosphere, general reactions to it, that sort of thing.

Alright here we go bois

First shelf is just all my 2009 sets without canisters + the Kaita + Maxilos + Lariska + Nui Rama.

Below them are all 6 Vahki, three in canisters.

And some more stuff below there.

Moving on, I have these three tray things and a box of parts I need to put elsewhere.

Mr Bonkle and a 500 piece tub sit atop them.

I’ve got a box of parts alongside Tahu Mistika and another 500 piece tub nearby, with various sets crammed into the space behind.

All my Titan combiners go on the shelf above this, along with Roodaka, Geoffrey, Spinax and yet another 500 piece tub.

A nearby shelf houses the MX-81 Hypersonic Operations Aircraft, a Stormtrooper, Good Guy, Duracell Bad Guy, Solek and some minifigures.

Immediately beside it is a shelf with some larger sets.

Below this is a bunch of Mocs and sets. All the canisters have their respective sets inside.

More Mocs grace the shelf below, as well as the Rockoh T3 and filled canisters for the Toa Mata and Toa Hagah.

Across from there is an extremely messy shelf I should really sort out sometime.

Lhikan, Kikanalo, Nocturn, Icarax and the Axalara T9 hang out on a large box of parts below it.

Directly across from there is my fourth shelving unit, topped with Vezon, Fenrakk, Skull Warrior and some other miscellaneous things.

This shelving unit houses three drawers.

The first drawer is just incomplete sets I need to finish rebuilding.

The second is full of complete sets.

And the third is just loose parts.

I’ve also got two boxes under my bed; the first one is mainly CCBS.

The other one is larger and mainly G1.

I’ve also got a fourth drawer completely filled with CCBS and technic.

My final shelving unit contains most of my Bohrok as well as my 1.0 Heroes and a few Mahri.

The Karzahni set sits proudly on top.

So, there you go. I’m fairly certain that’s all of my Bionicle aside from extra canisters.

5 Likes

nice

1 Like

yo monopoly where do you keep the mocs you made for the self moc mission?

1 Like

I demolished their carcasses

3 Likes

The only marketing I remember was the comics. I’m sure there were bionicle commercials on cable tv, but I didn’t have that at age seven. There were chapter books and mnog. As for reactions, I guess bionicle was quite popular with my friends in elementary school. None of these people remember anything about bionicle now though. I have met more people that can remember pokemon and yugioh than those that remember bionicle so obviously while 2001-2002 was popular, it was nowhere near in the same league as those two. It’s not hard to see why. Pokemon had iconic games, a tcg and a likeable show. Yugioh had a tcg and a darker show. Bionicle dipped it’s toes into video games and a tcg but never well full force on those ideas.

3 Likes

oh. But weren’t you going to do a group shot?

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

2 Likes

Oh whoops must’ve forgot that :woozy_face:
what’s your progress on the next batch?

1 Like

I rearranged the shelves months ago, but I never bothered to take new pictures of the layout. That’s like 95-97% of my collection on 2 pictures…and one of my cats.

8 Likes