Okotan Adventures: Spider Saga

Gladius’ brow draws together. Probably self-inflicted punishment, or maybe he’s just trying to run away from responsibility entirely. Regardless, it was somewhat beneficial to have him away at the moment.

1 Like

So long as it will eventually lead us to what we seek we shall follow, Ancient one.” The Collected replied, still seeming a touch out of it from the previous forging fugue he’d be in.
Interestingly enough he was still carrying that odd red and white mask he’d been last working on with him.

1 Like

“This seems like a good rag tag team of people I guess.” Azure comments after the Collecteds appearance. “So who’s Blaze exactly? I do remember the name but can’t place it.” Azure asked the gathered Okotans.

1 Like

Hitora sighs. “Alright. We’ll find him later, I guess.” He concedes.

2 Likes

“Blaze is an apprentice Mask Maker to Ekimu and my former pupil.” Gladius responds. “He’s a poor strategist and tries far too often to talk people down, but he can hold his own in a fight.”

5 Likes

“Oh okay.” Azure replies

Hiraeth still had a skull spider on him, he reached towards it, trying to rip it off.

Ooc- I am so sorry for the hiatus, guys

3 Likes

Athena waited a few minutes, assuring that Streke was gone. She then turned to the platform and rose her fists in the air.
“Yes! He is gone! He is gone! Oh my Toa, now I have to go and find Azure before he would find me again. Where was she? Oh yeah, with Ekimu.”
Athena was feeling a little… weird. She was happy. But not that type of happiness that you commonly feel in your every day life, oh no. Athena was feeling that as often as any other Okotoan. No, it was genuine happiness, like the one you have when you win at lottery, or you get a cute puppy. At least three years has passed since Athena felt so happy, and she didn’t even realised it.
She turned around and started running towards the Forge, expecting to find Ekimu or at least Blaze there.

“I just want to ask this so that I can be sure: are you guys prepared for this trip? I mean, it’s not a one day long travel. We should be there tomorrow night at the very best.”

Vladin finished his food.
@BlackBeltGamer98

As Ghabix arrived in the centre of the crowd, he felt his legs trembling. There it was: a big piece of armour, with four extensions lying on the sand of the desert. At a closer look, Ghabix could realise what it actually was: a decapitated body. A poor young Stone Okotoan that returned in the village to visit his old parents. Ghabix knew the guy’s brown and beige armour. He saw it just earlier that day, before he went to remove his gypsum. And now the guy was dead. Red blood was spilling out of the remaining of his neck on the hot yellow sand, colouring it.
Ghabix stepped back, full of fear and horror. Next to the dead body, a mother was crying on her knees, and a baby was looking confused at her. The father was nowhere to be seen. He probably couldn’t stand watching it. There was another Stone Okotoan: an older brother. Surprisingly, he wasn’t crying. He wasn’t even looking at the corpse. Instead, he was eyeing Ghabix, rarely blinking.

As did the others. “Did you enjoy your dinner?” Icar asked, having cooked the meal this time.

1 Like

The spider comes loose with a final hiss, attempting to throw itself free before Hiraeth can finish it off. After a moment’s pause, the spiders covering Ilza scatter, skittering back off into the rocks. Ilza is left behind, unmoving.

Ekmu holds out one hand. “May I see the mask?” he asks.

Vladin nodded, smiling.
“It was very good. Thanks again for inviting me.”

1 Like

I-Mask?” The Collected asked, cocking his head in a puzzled manner before suddenly appearing to notice the mask in his hand.

Ah, this mask. One of the ones heweIthey made. Of course you may seestudyobservelearn from it, Ancient One.” The Collected replied, moving to hand the mask to Ekimu.

1 Like

Athena finally arrived in front of the Force, breathing hardly. She stopped in front of the stairs and looked behind her, just to be sure that Streke was not following her. When she saw that he isn’t, she smiled proudly, before climbing up the stairs.

1 Like

Ekimu takes the mask gingerly. He sets his hammer down, holding the mask in a light grip in both hands. He slowly turns it, examining the work from different angles.

“I would assume you crafted this with a function in mind?” he asks.

She would find no one home in the Forge, unless she decided to check the dungeons in the basement. Even upon first entering the place appears a mess, materials and tools scattered around from The Collected’s work.

3 Likes

Athena looked confused at the mess.
“Did Ekimu had a nervous reaction or something like this?” she asked up aloud.
OOC: Would she know about the dungeons?

2 Likes

Yes. A power. A mix. A purpose. It is ragefuryanger. A mask of inner connection. Angers ever-burning fire, ice’s impassive hate. A temper of two, allowing for control of its strength, so long as its bearer is not weak.” The Collected replied, eyes ‘aglow’ with… something as he recited the masks power in a tone oddly… poetic.

1 Like

As she was exploring the unrecognisable Forge, Athena heard some voices from bellow the ground, mainly coming from the entrance into Ekimu’s dungeons. Athena walked to the door and opened it.

1 Like

“Sounds like a mask you don’t need…” Gladius murmured. He looked to Hitora. “Anything you require before we leave?”[quote=“Toa_Vladin, post:2290, topic:47931, full:true”]
As she was exploring the unrecognisable Forge, Athena heard some voices from bellow the ground, mainly coming from the entrance into Ekimu’s dungeons. Athena walked to the door and opened it.
[/quote]

The Storm heard the door above click open. He involuntarily sucked in a massive amount of air, worried it was no doubt Ekimu.

And here it comes. Should he choose to walk down, no doubt I am going to get a talking to.

1 Like

The Storm could hear her footsteps coming down, and approaching. Athena didn’t expect to find him instead of Ekimu down there.

1 Like

Icar smiled, “Thank you.” He said, “I’ll see about contacting some of my friends and see if any are willing to help you take your first steps into the wondrous world of archaeology.”

2 Likes