Okotan Adventures: Spider Saga

“You’re really helping me.”

“My condolences.” He said, gritting his teeth as another pain spike hit. “Go talk to Ekimu if you really must know; I’m in no mood to talk.”

OOC: How could the room still stay dark if it has the shinning rooms and a torch in front of it.
IC: Athena looked at him for a few seconds, visibly thinking her next move.
“From past experience, I learned that Ekimu is not the most trustworthy person when it comes of his blacklist.”

OOC:[quote=“Toa_Vladin, post:2341, topic:47931”]
How could the room still stay dark if it has the shinning rooms and a torch in front of it.
[/quote]

You’re shining the torch through the tiny grated window of the door, and the runes are on the outside. The inside of the cell is still pretty dark.

IC:

“Gee, thanks for informing me.” He said.

OOC: Oh. Thanks.
IC: “No wonder he imprisoned you. Tell me, do you by any means know where to find Ekimu?”

“How about not in this cell?” He frowned. “And when you see him - if you do - don’t mention you’ve seen me unless you specifically want to get a beating. Nobody’s supposed to be down here, and you’ll be in a world of hurt if you decide to let him know.”

She rolled her eyes at his first reply, before turning back while listening the rest of what he had to say.
“Trust me. I am not afraid of Ekimu.” She said, putting the torch back at its place and leaving.

Hitora trudged along into the jungle, gauntlets ready for any attack they might face.

Keya continued behind him, keeping her eyes peeled.

2 Likes

Ekimu raises a hand in farewell. The journey to Karios wasn’t a long one, thanks to the City of the Mask Maker’s position between the Regions of Water and Jungle. The group could make it late that night, if they felt like journeying after sunset.

Ekimu turns to the guards, instructing one of them to don the Mask of Stone retrieved from the Temple of Creation. Combining the powers of the Mask of Stone and Ekimu’s Mask of Creation, they begin to move around the city, repairing the damage done by the Lord of the Storm.

2 Likes

“Sure.” Jevis said as he handed him the approbate amount of widgets, while still eyeing the building. “What’s that building for?” He asked the man while motioning toward the building.

@TheMightyObsidianDude Kryuna, seeing that Hiraeth was doing fine, turned back to Ilza, and tried to shew away the spiders.

1 Like

“Eh?” The vendor hands him a roll, then follows his gesture to the building. “Oh, that? Temple to Uxar. Probably the oldest building in Karios, if you ask me. Feel free to pay it a visit, if you’re curious; they don’t mind tourists.”

The spiders seem to have abandoned Ilza, save for the one on her face.

1 Like

Streke walked up the steps to the forge. “Ekimu? Sir? Are you here?”
@jayzor17

1 Like

As Athena heard Streke voice while going up the stairs, she froze. The heck was he doing there. She looked around for a place to hyde, before jumping behind a bunch of mask making materials.

Streke continued walking until he entered the Forge. “Ekimu? Blaze? You guys here?”

“Would you people just SHUT up…”

What was supposed to be a shout of utter defiance and his patience wearing thin turned out to be a half-shout and a hoarse crackle. He was pretty tired. IF only he could actually fall asleep…

Streke turned towards the speaker.
“Do you know where Ekimu is? I need to talk to him.”

The voice from the bottom of the stairs was silent. Then, a desperate whisper:

I don’t know.

Streke shrugged.
“Okay.”
He looked around.
“Maybe Athena’s talking with him somewhere in the city… no matter. I’ll just wait here until he comes back.”
He walked over to where Athena was sitting and sat in front of the materials, polishing his sword.

Down in the dark, the Lord of the Undying Storm was about ready to cry. These stupid fools were trying him even more and exhausting all of his pent-up aggression again… Whoever he would put it against. That stupid kid with the exploding plants. Ekimu, the Mask Maker.

I don’t care anymore. He silently huffed only to be left gasping for air. They can rot for all I care. I heard word that Kulta was trapped in one of these cages… Was he in here for a month? A year?

If there was anyone else there, they were either so energy-deprived that they were simply in a coma, or were smart enough not to say anything. The Storm must look like a fool to them… If they were here at all.

He was aware of the odd feeling of shedding tears, something he didn’t think he had ever felt before. Please… Ekimu… I’ve got nothing left…

Gladius scanned the forest with a suspicious eye. There was no immediate telling how far the Skull Spiders’ reach extended. They could trudge through the night, or camp after it was dark, and risk already being in Skull Spider territory. Where they were at was the safest they could be if they wanted to sleep, and it was beginning to get dark.

Turning to Hitora, he stopped walking. “We need to decide on something. The line of trees thickens past here, and the further we dip into the forest the more likely the Skull Spiders will attack. That being said, here is the only safe spot if you want to sleep. Otherwise we will not have the safety to sleep later.”

“What do you want to do?” There was a ring of authority in his voice as he stood with the sun at his back, defiant of its call of night. (@Runa)

3 Likes

@Ghid, @Runa Azure who wasn’t far behind them commented “You can set up camp here for the night if bugs bothers you that much.” She didn’t want to continue forward either, not because the skull spiders but for the possibility of other beings of greater power residing there. Reige had been left unsupervised for far too long so who knew where he was and those elemental lords could come after them as well at anytime. She readied herself to continue forward.

2 Likes