Okotan Adventures: Spider Saga

Jevis simply nodded as he took his food and made his way toward the temple. He decided to give it a visit, he might find something of interest there.

Kryuna attempted to pry the spider from her face.

OOC @jayzor17 so, did the spider actually come off?

2 Likes

“We keep going.” Hitora said, his voicing betraying that his main driving force in this decision was emotion, not reason.

“Hitora, slow down.” Keya said to him. “Maybe we should stay the night? I’d rather not have a spider on my face, too.” She said, referring to the metal skull spider inspired armor on her one arm.

3 Likes

“One for staying, one for going, and two neutral.”

Gladius smirked at Hitora, recognizing the ambitious attitude in his decision. “I have a responsibility to ensure the three of you make it back to Ekimu. And I’m not losing you in the dark.”

Swinging both hands up to a larger tree branch, he put his weight into pulling on it and tore it off the tree. “Find us a good place for a campsite.” He told Keya as he began cracking it into smaller sections.

1 Like

Hitora sighs. He may want to go out, but he was no fool, and knew he wouldn’t make it alone. He stays with the rest of the group. “Fair enough.” He concedes, albeit hesitantly.

Keya nods and heads a short ways out, looking for a sufficiently flat spot. She finds an area that is relatively flat and open within the trees. “Here good?” She asks.

1 Like

Gladius looked above her as he snapped the tree limb again. No overhanging branches, far enough away from the trees, good enough. And there was one tree where there could be a lookout overseeing the rest of the forest.

“That’ll do.” He said, dragging the limb sections over to use as fuel for the fire. “Sadly we’re too loud of a company to do any meaningful hunting right now.”

1 Like

Keya drew out her guitar. “I mean, depending how far out I go, I could probably get something.” She said. “And even then, there’s probably fruit around here somewhere that we can pick.”

Hitora started picking kindling up off the ground to use as an easy firestarter.

We see no reason to fear the spiders. They are but paltry, scuttling, edible irritances.” The Collected said, staring into the wooded darkness.

But, as the Anceint One has commanded, we shall defer to your authority.

1 Like

Gladius groaned internally. He had forgotten The Collected was following them.

“We’ll need about twelve stones to make a ring for the fire.” Gladius turned to the Collected. “Could you find them?”

1 Like

Azure gave into the plan of setting up camp and therefore began helping them prepare for the night.

1 Like

Ilza remains unconscious on the floor.

2 Likes

Vladin stood up at the table.
“All right. I’ll go see if Blaze will allow me sleep at his place for one more night. You two were very nice. Thank you.”
@BlackBeltGamer98

Suddenly, Athena’s instinct took over her hands. She took an arrow and attached it to her bow. She then pointed it right to Streke’s back of the head, without doing any noise. This guy deserves to die. He is a horrible person. Athena new this, and she was going to silently make justice for the blind and mute guy and for herself.
@meepinater

Rena continued leading her group through the forest.
@meepinater @BlackBeltGamer98 @Jcton

Ghabix started retreating under the eyes of the victim’s brother. He soon realised that he was running away, not looking behind.

1 Like

Streke sat there, oblivious to the danger he was in.

Dakron followed, lahhing brhimd the group as he stepped carefully.

Athena suddenly frowned. Why wasn’t Streke already dead? It would be impossible for her to miss at this close range. Something inside her… Something was yelling not to kill him inside of her. Small drops of sweat started forming on her forehead as she tried to convince her hand to let the arrow go.

Streke continued to sit, now polishing his shield. He ran his finger over a nick on the edge.

Athena bit her lips, before retreating her bow. She breathed heavily for a few second, being sure not to make any sound. She put her arrow back to its place, and took a rock from nearby, throwing it in the opposite direction of the angle in which Streke could see where the stone came from: close to the entrance to the Lord’s dungeon, hoping that the stone will distract Streke’s attention.

Streke glanced up at it.
“Hm?” He looked intently at the spot where the rock lay.

Athena waited for Streke to go to the rock.

“Knowing our son,” Korā said, “He won’t mind.”

Blaze kept pace with the group, keeping his senses in alert for any threats that may arise.

Vladin nodded as he headed for the entrance of the house.

Icar let Vladin know that they were going to have an early start tomorrow so Vladin could get as much learning in as he could.