Okotan Adventures: Spider Saga

Hitora brought his over and dropped it into his pile, then started to help Collected collect stones.

Keya picked some fruit from the bushes and trees, pretty sure they weren’t poisonous, and brought them over to the camp site. “I’ll go get some more food.” She said, heading back out.

Vladin frowned, before trying the door again. He then knocked a few times, waiting for a response.

Dead silence was his reply.

Vladin tried to walk around the house, for any clue of where Blaze might be.

The house was empty, Blaze hadn’t been here since that morning.

OOC: If he hadn’t been there since Vladin left, then the door was supposed to be unlocked, seeing that Vladin couldn’t lock it after he left.
IC: Vladin just couldn’t understand was not home at that time. Maybe he was with Rena, maybe with somebody else.

OOC: oh yeah…electronic locks aren’t a thing in this universe… Try opening the door again. Cue the contrivance/convenient thing!

IC: a creak was heard from the front of the house.

Vladin turned and jumped in front of the house at the sound of the creak.

The front door had swung open in a gust of wind, it must’ve been jammed earlier and it had been loosened by Vladin’s earlier attempts to open it.

Vladin looked confused at the door as he entered in.

The house was exactly as it was when he left it that morning, no sign of Blaze anywhere.

Melody finishes the meal, it was simple and quick. She hands a serving to Sonata and leaves for the library. She grabs a box filled with letters, that Sonata had sent her when she and Symphony were travelling Okoto together.

She grabbed one and reads it;
~Melody
I think it’s been weeks since Makuta’s defeat. We all have separated, all going our separate ways. It hasn’t been all that bad. My good friend Symphony (and your brother) said he would accompany me, since his only real goal in the world was complete. He believed it would be best if he helped someone else achieve their goals, for that very reason. I guess after getting to know him better, that he’s not the hard head he first appears to be. My ultimate goal is the same simple on as my father before me. I want to make this world a better place by stopping the wars around me, even if it is a small squabble. I believe that by helping the world with peace that the scars of our pasts will soon heal.
Your Friend,
~Sonata

Melody smiles and grabs another letter and reads it;
~Melody
It’s been a few days since Symphony and I left the City of Mask Makers in pursuit of out journey. It’s most likely been about three weeks since we all separated. We took for the nearby Water Region. I got hurt while climbing up a small cliff. I feel bad for Symphony he had to get down and help me. I asked him why he didn’t use his cloak, because that would make everything so much easier. He chuckled slightly and told me that it was still a work of process since he last damaged it and that it would most likely never be the same. He bandaged me and helped me up, claiming that the safest way to the Water Region was for me to experience and learn the hardest paths, because if I was fine with the hardest paths, then I would be fine with any path to the Water Region. His backwards logic made me die in laughter and I broke into tears, because it was something I knew my father would tell me. How I miss him, sometimes I wonder if he is looking down from the stars, where our heroes reside. After I finally climbed the cliff Symphony set up camp and started a small campfire. The pace we take to the Water Region is surprising much slower than what we did to find that mask. Melody, you should visit us, once we get there. The wildlife on our journey is wondrous and honestly refreshing to see with a really good friend at your side.
Your Friend,
~Sonata

She puts the letters back and hides the box behind some books. Melody then heads back to Sonata and hugs her sister.

Erebos sits down and recollects what happened recently. He learned much of what had happened from reading minds and learned of the dark crater, where Makuta was almost summoned. He guesses any residual energy there would give him a decent clue as to where he might go. He heads off heading away from the Water Region and heads for the crater.

Symphony sits in his cell. He can’t help but remember his past. He goes as far as Makuta defeat. His mind glosses over many of the detail eventually focusing on when he proposed to Sonata…

It was in the Water Region, on a small island. He had been so worried for days on end. A year had passed since he had first met Sonata and each moment with her made him only want to be with her, and it had grown stronger each day.

His heart was nearly bursting in his chest for every heartbeat as each moment passed. The sun was setting and a warm glow passed over the small island, he paced around gathering wood for the fire. The fire was lit and Symphony stood. He cooked a stew, it was a recipe he learned from Sonata and a favorite of hers. If he wanted a better time he probably wouldn’t have it after this. Despite that he laid on the branch of a tree and watched the sky become a purple haze. Night had begun.

“Symphony…I have question…”

“What is your question?”

“Well, I’ve been curious and I want to know what I’m curious about. Lately, you seem either on edge, or the happiest person in the world and it is in a way that tells me that it’s the same thing that puts you on edge and makes you so happy. So, Symphony what is it that is doing this to you?”

“Uh…well…to be frank with you. The thing that makes me so happy and at the same time is this person…that I’m in love with…”

“Your in love? why does it put you on edge?”

“Yeah…she’s honestly used to be the one person I wanted nothing to do with her…but then I spent more time with her and she became someone so important to me I would lay down me life to protect…I’m on edge because I want to protect her…and I don’t want her to leave.”

“Those are quite serious feelings for the person you love. What will you do? I imagine one possibility now if that is how you feel for her. Does she share the same feelings? Wait…knowing you she does. In fact I know she does. I suppose this leaves you with a question.”

“A question…”
Symphony’s mind lit up and he fell off the tree branch,
“Yes I have a question.”
He gets up and brushed the dirt off of him,
“Sonata, tonight while the moon rises. I need to tell you this. I love you, you are the companion in life that I cannot lose. You have healed me from my curse and now I ask you, will you be my family?”

Xol rides the gukko to the city of mask makers and lands the bird on the nearest gukko pad. He gets off finally in the city, where he could learn his family’s history.

@Toa_Vladin
Dax keeps up with the group, with Capella shortly behind him.

“I was just admiring the building.” Jevis said as he looked around.

OOC @TheMightyObsidianDude is Ilza still unconscious?

2 Likes

“Azure?” Ekimu repeats. “She just departed on her way to the Region of Jungle. Is there something you need help with?”

The robed Okotan nods. “It is certainly a marvel of architecture, is it not?”

OOC: Obsidian liked my earlier post, so I’m going to take that as him acknowledging and agreeing with what I said.

4 Likes

“Wait, what?” She asked.

(@Runa @Tarkur @KAI_BORG) Gladius collected the rocks from, well, the Collected, arranged them in a ring, placed the broken tree limb in a very general cone shape, then placed Hitora’s sticks underneath. Grabbing one of the stones, a stone with a large flint section grafted to it, he ran it along his sword until it began to scrape against it, causing a spark to jump into the twigs and sticks, and before long the fire had begun.

“Well, we have a few hours we can use this fire for.” He plopped down next to it. “Better call her back, Hitora, it’s getting dark.”

1 Like

He nods, then goes out to find Keya.

Meanwhile, probably farther away than she should be, Keya spots a moving quadruped in the distance. Upon closer inspection, it seems to be a deer. She carefully takes aim.

OOC: I assume there’s deer, due to Lewa’s comment about Umarak’s horns in JtO.

3 Likes

Azure sat down next to the fireplace.

Meanwhile in the mountain range between the Earth and stone region border landed Tarkur and Era. They landed outside a well bunkered fort of sorts embedded in one of the mountain side. Upon entrance there was a purple banner with an u,d,d symbol. “Ready for our next mission?” Tarkur asked, “No not really but I’ll try my best, like always.” Era replied. They countinued down a broad open corridor with a series of pillars leading upto a reception like area in the back of the room. They took off to the right and a set of stairs towards a room with a bigger and grander entrance signaling its importants.

1 Like

And watching them, from the sky, was Halmos.

He had grown tired of flying around aimlessly for the last three years and had begun watching people from afar. And the pair caught his attention.

He knew better than to land and advance lest he be overwhelmed and killed. But his curiosity was rather strong.[quote=“Tarkur, post:2436, topic:47931”]
Azure sat down next to the fireplace.
[/quote]

Gladius glanced at Azure. “This is going to be a long and very aggravating journey.” He said. “In the event that you are captured by a Skull Spider, what would you want to be done?”

1 Like

Keya takes a breath, then fires, the shot landing behind the front leg, and going through the heart. The deer made it a few steps before falling to the ground. Keya got up and went over to it.

Hitora heard the quiet shot, if only barely, and went over to check on it. There, he saw Keya trying to drag the deer back to camp. To help, he picked it up and carried it back. “We got dinner.” He said as they walked in.

“Correction, I got dinner.” Keya retorted.

“No, you got breakfast.” Hitora teased. “I got it back here in time for it to be dinner.”

2 Likes