Okotan Adventures: Spider Saga

Dakron finished his meal. He set the plate down and folded his hands, sitting still.

1 Like

“W-what…? You… they…” Her gaze dulls, staring off at something nobody else could see.

1 Like

Hiraeth glances over, deciding to check what she was looking at, and seeing nothing. Wonder if she’s crazy from the spider. Or she’s just naturally got a few screws loose.

1 Like

She would find Ekimu inside, the sound of tools rhythmically working away at stone filling the room as he leans over a workbench. He looks up as she approaches, nodding to her.

Lync frowns, eyes losing focus for a second as she thinks.

“We can talk about this later,” she says, shaking her head. “Once we aren’t spider bait anymore.”

Jaspar rests a hand on her shoulder. “I’m so sorry. We’ll go check on them once you’re feeling a bit better, okay? We’ll make sure everything is okay.”

Lync moves in front of Ilza, crouching in her field of vision. “You ready to move? We can carry you, if you’re still feeling wobbly.”

1 Like

“So?” She simply asked.

1 Like

“O-okay…” She says quietly.

“N-no, that’s okay.” She croaks, starting to unsteadily push herself up into a sitting position.

“I-I’m fine.” She says, with a hollow note of surety.

1 Like

With one last stroke Ekimu sits upright, brushing some dust off of the bench. He stands, scooping up his work and turning to show it to her. In his hand rests a circular stone emblem, engraved with the Mask of Creation. The detailing is uncanny, slopes and curves making the mask almost seem to jump out from the stone.

“It’s not much,” Ekimu admits, “but perhaps this will convince Gladius that you carry my word.”

Lync nods. “Let’s go, then.” She turns and leads the others away, heading into the crags of the Region of Earth. Jaspar hangs back, looking to see if Ilza needed more help.

2 Likes

“I also want a letter wrote by you.”

Ekimu begins moving around the room, searching for a scroll and ink among the mess The Collected had left him.

“Yes, of course; why I did not think of the simple solution, I cannot say.” He manages to pull something out and begins to write, pen scratching furiously over the parchment. “I shall relay him everything that I told you - that you have my permission to join the group, that it is not his place to dictate the actions of the group in such a way, everything. Why he’s so opposed to letting someone join is beyond me anyways; They were instructed to recruit others to the cause, if possible, not to maintain an exclusive number.” He goes silent, penning the last few lines before rolling up the scroll of parchment.

“Here,” he says, quickly tying the scroll with string before offering it to you. “Hopefully now you should find more success in your endeavors.”

5 Likes

Athena chuckled as she quickly read the letter.
“Thanks.” She said, taking the letter and the stone emblem. “Should I go now or tomorrow?”

1 Like

Kryuna stayed quiet, walking a few feet behind Hiraeth.

Jevis cut his way through the underbrush of the jungle. At this rate he would never find her, but he had to keep looking. If wasn’t able to find her by sundown, he would start heading back to Tsim Krad. He needed something there.

1 Like

One by one, all of my characters went to sleep. Vladin let himself fall on the bed from Blaze’s guest room. By then he have forgot that the owner of the house wasn’t even there, a thing thatnin other circumstances may ashame him a little.
Athena decided that she would only annoy the group -including Azure- if she was to return in the middle of the night, so she took the letter and the emblem, thanked Ekimu again, and then rent a room at the nearest inn, the same inn in which Vladin and Kryuin had their first fight on Kryuna three years ago.
Rena, after eating her food, found a small space between two big boulders on the edge of the crevase. She tied her waist to the remainings of an old three, in case she was going to move while sleeping, and then closed her eyes, listening to the strong wind of that altitude.
Ghabix stood on his bed, still thinking at the murder. Tomorrow he was going to the tomb. He was never a close friend of the victim, but staying isolated in hisnhut would only make the things worse for him.

3 Likes

Streke continued flying, until he reached a clearing. There, he landed and made camp, tying up the Gukko.

Dakron grabbed a blanket from his pack and pulled it over him, resting his head on a pile of leaves and moss.

Blaze kept watch, making sure the fire burned strong and bright all the while to keep Skull Spiders away due to their disliking of harsh/bright light.

Tohi wakes up, seeing the city in the distance. Looks like that other guy went on without me. He continues to sit, able to relax for once.

1 Like

She gets to her feet. The only help she would probably need is emotional, but that seems like a losing battle.

1 Like

Kryuna glanced back at Ilza, but kept walking.

2 Likes

“So our mission is to get this scientist to help is produce weapons, correct?” Tarkur ask after hearing what Spark said, “That is correct.” Frost answered. “And when we find him what do we do?” Era replied, “You talk too him peacefully we wouldn’t want to make him an enemy.” Spark said. “That’s why you have too be extra careful with this mission.” Night added. “Of course” Era and Tarkur said in unison as they stood up saluting, “Well then were off.” Tarkur concludes. Spark, Night and Frost wished them luck as they departed.

While outside Tarkur quickly questioned Era’s acting up during the briefing. “Was that really neccesary?”. “No not really just can’t stand them treating her like that. I mean she isn’t Okotan but that doesn’t make her less of a person.” Era answered, Tarkur nodded, “I understand. It is just that we have to focus on our job right now.” Tarkur said a bit reluctantly fearing the answer he would get. The last few years had been the best in his life due to her but if that sentence would end it all he couldn’t begin to imagin what would happen. “You know back then when we met 3 years ago at my hotel even if it was only for a short while it almost felt like we were a family again.” Era responded calmly, “I guess I’m just worried and tense about the whole situation.” She continued, “I like too be there again and be a family again but all there is more and more work.” She lets out sighing. Relifed by the response Tarkur hugged her trying to comfort her, “I’d love that too. We’ll make this the last mission and then I promise we’ll get a nice home somewhere on the country side and start a new family.” Era chuckled at his plan, “Think you’d manage that?” She teasingly asked, “I’m the Guardian of Flames how hard could it possible be.” Tarkur jokingly answers and Era burst into laughter soon joined by Tarkur as they head towards the gucko holding hands.

1 Like

Completely invisible in the dark, Halmos simply couldn’t resist remaining silent and hiding the fact that he had every word once they emerged.

Tarkur and Era would hear a distant and rather forced cough, somewhere… Above them?

2 Likes

@Ghid Confused by the sound they stopped what they were doing and quickly took a look in the direction of the sound and then continued towards the Gucko

1 Like