Okotan Adventures: Spider Saga

Halmos glared.

“That’s the fellow,” He said, his voice unchanging but his face clearly displaying irritation.

2 Likes

“So what do you know about him?” They both asked in unison both a little on edge about the stranger claiming to know about Streke.

1 Like

Halmos looked confused. “Well… He seemed very adamant in his destination…” He scanned the horizon thoughtfully. “I think - yes, he was heading to the Region of Fire.” He nodded. “Said his name, asked for someone who I can’t remember… A friend of his… Nothing I could do to make him stop. He seemed quite exhausted but refused to sit down.”

1 Like

“Well we met him in the fire region.” Tarkur replied, “Or rather he followed me and another girl and after that we asked for his help to find a friend.” Era explained further. “You don’t know where he is now, maybe?” Tarkur asks hesitantly.

Tohi would eventually find a hut, and he decides to see if anyone’s there. The hut seems abandoned. “Anyone here?” He asks, getting no reply. He goes inside and looks around, eventually finding a gauntlet that looks similar to the one he uses, but for the other hand. What is this doing here? Tohi takes it, as soon as he touches it he gets the majority of his memories back.

The Wolf stealthily made his way through the city, slinking from corner to corner. The night would be his ally, obscuring his large form, save for the slight sheen of the moonlight on his fur. With his dark deed complete, he searched for a place to lie low. Little did he know, he was being watched.

“Maybe I do.” Halmos smiled. “However, perhaps there’s something you can do for me first.”

1 Like

“And what would that be?” Tarkur asked moving in front of Era.

Halmos thought for a moment.

“There is an injustice that needs to be reconciled.” He finally said. “My mother- erm, she was an Okotan of water, and she lived not far from this place. She was poisoned and died after a year of battling with it.”

“Now I’m not here with my sob story,” He continued, adjusting his mask. “I want her belongings, seeing as I have legal right to them. Among them are six pearls connected in a gold circlet, the oldest family heirloom I can recall. And the Protector of Water keeps them tucked away in his personal lodgings.”

“I’m not asking you to commit petty burglary.” Halmos cautioned with his hands. “If that’s your preferred route I’m not going to stop you. But I want my heirloom back. You find a way to get my heirloom, I’ll take you right to Streke.”

“And if we declined your offer?” Era asked over Tarkurs shoulder.

“Your friend could be in great peril.” Halmos shrugged. “But if you don’t care, there’s no point.”

“And how exactly do you know this?” Tarkur enters the conversation again. “Yeah last time we saw him he was headed to the Mask maker city two days ago.” Era added.

1 Like

“For one thing, he specifically talked to me when he collapsed in front of me out of exhaustion.” Halmos said, a little annoyance present in his speech. “Mentioned this place in the region of water… Didn’t mention any names aside for his friend, which I still can’t place. Maybe there were more than one friend. It was hard to tell, he was very out of it when he collapsed.”

“I forced some water into his system and up he shot, saying he was heading for the volcano. But the volcano is a big area. I inquired where and why, and that information is reserved until after you help me out.”

“We’re not that open to commit robbery ourselves nor is it any of ou expertice. If what you say is the truth then I’ll go to the volcano and try to find him myself. If you in other hand tell us what you know we might be more inclined to help.” Tarkur replied placing his hand on the door handle.

Halmos smiled. “So the first possibility of fulfilling my request was robbery? that’s sad, sir. Very.”

“However,” Halmos said, his overall tone becoming more serious. “You’re asking me to give up my end of the bargain before you even consider my plight. What more can I offer after that? you would have no reason to provide me with assistance of any type. Therefore I cannot say what I have been told nor what I know.”

“If you don’t want my assistance,” Halmos said, beginning to turn away. “Then you had better hurry. He was on his last legs when I met him, and the volcano is very unforgiving.”

1 Like

@TheMOCingbird @Axels Lync nods to Kryuna and Hiraeth. “Ready?” She feels calm. Focused. Not things you would expect when facing the most notorious mercenary gang on the island, but she would take it.

“The stairs have a low ceiling,” Ekimu warns before leading the Storm back to the main floor.

Jaspar stands outside her door, his hand raised to knock. He falters, and his hand slowly falls back to his side. He hangs his head, moving off to sulk in his own room.

The villager shrugs apathetically. “If you’re that determined, go ahead. It’s been a week already; I suppose another half hour won’t hurt.” He turns away, returning to his seat.

The guard shifts, trying to ignore the murmurs and glances among the gathered crowd. “Well, uh, I guess you’re up next.” @Runa @Ghid @KAI_BORG @Tarkur

2 Likes

Keya nods. “Thank you.” She says, leading Hitora over to the platform.

1 Like

@Ghid

“I’m a man of my word when it comes to what I promise.” Tarkur replies. “If I promise you too lend my hand I most likely do but I don’t make promises I can’t keep so the only way for you to have my word is through me trusting you and your word. Which I currently doesn’t.” He continued.

@KAI_BORG, @Ghid, @Runa, @jayzor17

Azure followed the group in casting a quick glance towards the fire okotan.

On the way up Ekimu could hear all sorts of interesting scraping sounds as the cumbersome giant attempted to ascend the stairs. Some small grooves where his elbows or helmet dug into the structure were the main indicator that he had been present.

Sunlight beamed joyfully into the forge’s entrance and the Storm hissed in retaliation. That’s brighter than the sun reflecting off the snow, for certain.[quote=“jayzor17, post:2937, topic:47931”]
The guard shifts, trying to ignore the murmurs and glances among the gathered crowd. “Well, uh, I guess you’re up next.”
[/quote]

Gladius nods. “Remind me never to come to see the elders ever again.” He whispered to his companions, glancing back to make sure the Collected was in tow. “I’d likely die before I got to see them.

Halmos tried to ignore the ‘currently doesn’t’.

“Then there’s no point in me wasting any more of your time.” He smiled bitterly. “You don’t believe me, which means your friend will most likely die, and I will continue to wander and look for help. Good day.”

He turned and started stalking towards a line of trees.

1 Like

“Yep.” Kryuna said as she readjusted her satchel slung over her shoulder.

1 Like