Okotan Adventures: Spider Saga

Lync nods. It was a good thing Kryuna had some idea of where to go; she had always avoided the subject herself. Even when Jaspar had been excited to explore the tunnels, it had only taken a mention of what they ran the risk of encountering to convince him it was a bad idea.

“Anything else we might be looking for?” she asks, continuing to lead them away from the village. @Axels

Ten minutes’ time would find Jaspar waiting outside the tavern, anxiously fiddling with his staff.

“As I expected.” Ekimu turns back to the Storm. “Erebos was from a later time than yourself. He is a warrior; once a hero of the people. That is a time few remember. He has since been corrupted by the shadow, and until recently was imprisoned deep in the wild. He seeks a return to power, which necessitates a Mask of Power crafted by myself and my brother. The mask has long since been lost to time, but that will not stop the traitor’s search. To stop him is up to us.”

The Elders lean forward, as if attempting to see what the cries were about. The guard runs to the edge of the lift, leaning over it and taking in the scene below.

“Well, it’s not Vizuna,” he says slowly. “Doesn’t look like a monster, either. Here, let’s get you five on your way.” He waves the travelers onto the lift once more. @Runa @Tarkur @Toa_Vladin

3 Likes

Ilza wasn’t far behind, soon leaving the tavern as well.

“Okay… so uh, let’s go…”

1 Like

The wind whistled throughout the forest as strange and twisted beast like creatures prowled throughout their domain. A large, shadowy figure watched them from afar. Two eyes glowed from the darkness, all watching, and all knowing. The shadow raised his hand, and all the creatures halted, their heads turning to face the King.

The Lord of the Storm looked somewhat depressed at the situation. Here was a being possibly even older than himself, who was enough of a threat that Ekimu was requiring the Storm to assist. And this being could be literally anywhere on the massive island, which meant days and days of trekking around with Ekimu and going back and forth between feeling guilty and being bored to death.

That’s when he noticed the large impacted area in the wall on the far side of the room opposite him. “Do you, uh… Know where he’s at now?”[quote=“jayzor17, post:2962, topic:47931”]
“Well, it’s not Vizuna,” he says slowly. “Doesn’t look like a monster, either. Here, let’s get you five on your way.” He waves the travelers onto the lift once more.
[/quote]

Gladius nods and steps on, shifting the weight on the platform somewhat.

2 Likes

Azure continues listening to what the elders said.

Gladius glanced back at Azure. The elders had clearly finished talking, yet she was still standing there, attentively listening. Did Ekimu intentionally sign me up with the freaks?

“Coming?” He said over his shoulder.

3 Likes

“Yeah…” she says quickly catching up to him. “Tell no one about this.” She says giving a warning as she head out.

1 Like

Gladius didn’t even bother looking at her during her warning statement. He was not about to be intimidated so easily.

He signaled to the guard, and the lift began to descend.

1 Like

“Maybe an influx of skull spiders the closer we get? I don’t really know, I never got that much info.” Kryuna said, not seeming too worried about the vagueness of their journey.

1 Like

Azure went out of the building the first thing she noted was that the female fire okotan she saw earlier was gone.

Virky moved to fufill another errand it wasn’t the most effective way to make widgets but when you have a jungle okotan scientist to a step brother. It is the best you can do, Virky and Domau were close but having his reputation haunting her was sometimes a burden she didn’t like having.

1 Like

@Ghid @Runa @Tarkur @KAI_BORG The lift settles to a stop in the plaza below, leaving the travelers to go about their business. Of course, there’s the presence of the Lord of Skies to deal with, should they so choose. They also might see Athena among the crowd, or vice versa. (@Toa_Vladin)

The guard approaches the Lord of Skies, waving a hand in feeble greeting. “Uh, hello. Welcome. Is there something I can do for you?”

Ekimu shakes his head. “Not for certain, no. If I knew the location of his mask that would be our first priority, but that is something only my brother knows. However, given Erebos’s apparent mania, I fear he may try to contact Makuta in an attempt to barter that information. Our first destination will therefore be the Dark Crater.”

Jaspar nods. “Right.” He leads her out of the village, heading south through the tunnels.

“So we wander around until we get lucky,” Lync mutters. “Sure, that works.”

3 Likes

“You can tell the young and the old that I have returned to Okoto.” He said in the silkiest, smoothest voice possible. “I was the ruler of the region of Jungle long before your grandparents were even born, and I do apologize for my late return.”[quote=“jayzor17, post:2972, topic:47931”]
Ekimu shakes his head. “Not for certain, no. If I knew the location of his mask that would be our first priority, but that is something only my brother knows. However, given Erebos’s apparent mania, I fear he may try to contact Makuta in an attempt to barter that information. Our first destination will therefore be the Dark Crater.”
[/quote]

The name ‘dark crater’ and ‘Makuta’ let the Lord of Undying Storm put one and two together to determine it was one, a crater, and two, the last spot Makuta had been seen at. He still didn’t know anything else about it.

“He will be sorry he endeavored on this quest.” The Storm said triumphantly, and then spied something. His axe, which had been thrown aside after Ekimu clubbed him, hiding in the shadow of the door.

Stalking over to the corner in the wall, he picked it up and tossed it in his hand. Odd… It feels… Almost heavier than it used to.

“Whenever you are ready.”

Gladius growled under his breath but loud enough so the group accompanying him could hear. “It’s him again, I bet.”

Should we be prepared to attack?” The Collected asked, his hand hovering near his scythe.

Our skill at stealth may have found itself lessened, but our armours colour has shown itself in past to help balance our loss.

What in Okoto.

“See what it does first.” Gladius cautioned, having a suspicious feeling. “I think we’ll see a familiar face soon.”

Collected nodded, lowering his hand, but keeping it clearly readied.

Hitora growled in a low tone as he saw Skies, approaching him. “And if they don’t wish you to lead them?”

Satisfied at the moment, The Wolf crept back into the woods surrounding the city. wait He thought, I can smell something. He quickly glanced around, sure confident that he was being watched.

“Now why would they ever want that?”

The Lord of the Skies turned and showed some sign of surprise seeing mr. big fists that punches people for no reason again. “Ah, long time no see. I Take it you’ve been fairing well?”

The voice was smooth and delicate, but his eyes burned viciously.

2 Likes

@Ghid “I’ll know I’ll find you here.” Athena said from behind Gladius, scroll and insignia in hands.

Gladius didn’t bother looking at her. He motioned for Hitora, Keya, and Azure to deal with the Lord of the Skies while he and the Collected faced Athena.

“You took longer than I expected. Gukko trouble?”