Okotan Adventures: Spider Saga

“I didn’t knew that the Ice Okotoans are known for their idiots.”

@Ghid “I’ve… already… told you it’s Virky!” She lets out trying to hide behind Azure further, she glances at Athena as she said she was a child, Virky could be seen visibly annoyed under her otherwise scared face. “Ok, Gladius, just calm down a bit. So what she followed us, she’s clearly not of any threat to us. Let her go.” Azure explained.

Hitora eyed Virky warily, yet didn’t stop Gladius from going off on her.

Keya watched, ready to jump in if things got too heated. “Maybe tone down a bit, Gladius?” She said. “I mean, it’s not like she could actually hurt any of us.”

1 Like

Virky remained behind Azure. Of course Azure didn’t mind but she felt it was a little bit of a waste of time, she rolled her eyes and sighed annoyed. Virky hearing this stands up and begins to mutter “I… mean… if thats how… you treat all people you meet… then you can become Muaka’s food.” Virky tells Gladius peeking out from behind Azure. Azure face palmed and put her arm infront of Virky, “You should really learn, when not to speak.” Azure comments annoyed, she glares at Gladius as to say “You better back down and if you lay your hands on her, I’ll personally see to it that you breath your last breath.”

“Why were you stalking us?” Athena asked.

1 Like

“I… noticed… that the non-okotan here… was looking at me… so I wanted to know what it was about.” Virky replies calming down a bit. Meanwhile Azure akwardly tried to hid her face with her other free hand.

“So let me understand, you saw that somebody else looked at you, and you were like “Oh, now I must understand everything about their lifes!”? That’s hard to believe.”

“When… you put it… like that it does. Anyways its more like… this person is strangely fixated on me… and what I do, why?” She responds. Azure continues to hide her face.

“Oh, just shut up! Just because somebody slightly different than you eyes you doesn’t mean that he or she wants something from you! Just because said person is not an Okotoan doesn’t mean that you suddenly have to stalk him or her!”

“I didn’t stalk… I observed… stalking requiers that you’ve followed someone… over a uncomfortable amount of time.” Virky responded explaining her view point of the situation. Azure entered the conversation, “Will both of you just quit your bickering we’ve got more important buisness to attend to.” She said out loudly for everyone to hear.

“K, get rid of her then and let’s go.”

“I only have one currently.” He glared in response.

“We’ll drop the wording.” He said. “The point is you were following us without our permission. And unless you’ve got a very fast Gukko and Ekimu, you’re not about to receive it.”

“Our mission in this reguion and in others is of the highest priority, and we maintain a strict confidence with Ekimu regarding these things.” Gladius’ voice received a slight drop of life to it to signify the importance of their mission. “Greater things than you’ve evidently conceived. There’s no point in reporting you to the authorities but if you continue to follow, stalk, or pursue us, you will be hurt.”

“Prolong your life through better means.” Gladius murmured somewhat loudly, turning on his heel and walking towards the building.

“If you reffer at the one in front of me then I’m on your side.”

@jayzor17 @Axels Kryuna motions for the others to stop moving and be quiet. She pointed toward the group of armed okotans, hoping she has seen them before they had seen her.

2 Likes

Lync crouches low behind a convenient rock, balancing her blaster on one knee.

“Now aren’t they conspicuous…” she mutters. “Does that look right?” She glances to Kryuna and Hiraeth. @Axels

@TheMightyObsidianDude The journey south feels painfully slow to Jaspar. He makes small talk as best as he can, commenting on the surrounding terrain and never mentioning anything that could in any way be reminiscent of a skull spider. No, he wasn’t putting her through that again, not if he could help it.

“Er… pardon?” Kiva shifts his weight from one foot to the other, biting his lip nervously.

The trails remains clear enough, soon trading its straight-line path for a seemingly random pattern, even crossing over itself at one point.

2 Likes

“The symbol on their shoulder,” Kryuna whispered, not taking her eyes off of the mysterious okotans. “It’s the same one the servant of Tsim Krad used.”

1 Like

Lync nods. “Lucky us,” she whispers back, returning her attention to the guards. “So, what’s the plan? Stalk them home? Attack and interrogate? Hope they carry a map?”

The Lord of the Skies rolled his eyes so hard they may have fallen out of his head.

“I am as ancient as Okoto itself!” He retorted, trying hard to stay in character. “I am older than the trees and mountains. The breeze listens to my call, the elements shudder at my waking. And if you are attempting to insinuate that any of you are in a higher status than I-”

He turned away in sudden forced disgust. “I don’t know why I bothered coming back. Nothing’s different.”

1 Like

Ilza continues to follow, pitching into the small-talk when he initiated it, but otherwise falling into an awkward silence. She wasn’t good with this sort of thing.

2 Likes

“I say we follow them for a bit, and if they’re going deeper into the region of earth, we keep following to they lead us to our destination, and if they go away from the region of earth, we attack and interrogate.”

2 Likes