Okotan Adventures: Spider Saga

Hiraeth states at the group, trying to soak in every detail he could about their appearance. “The plan sounds fine to me.” @TheMOCingbird @jayzor17

2 Likes

Hitora looked back, shaking his head. He saw no threat so far. He started back towards the group.

@meepinater

Tarkur continued his search for Streke in the mountains. He had obtained this information from someone claiming to know Streke’s location whom also claimed thag he was in grave danger. So here Tarkur was at the Volcanos searching as he searched he yelled Streke’s name for a response.

Meanwhile back at Era’s now rather beaten up and dusty hotel were Era trying to find out everything she could about their next target a scientist by the name of Domau. Claimed by the Guardians of the elements to be working on a projectile of sorts that their organization wanted to up hold the peace from their point of view. Era didn’t find much mostly some newspapers referencing his name in a few articles talking about some of his other inventions. Of course it wasn’t the most satisfying result of hours of reading and gathering info in Era’s eyes. So she decided to take a break and made herself a cup of tea.

Reige was almost up the stairs of the forge in the mask maker city ready to enter it as soon as he reached the top but he suddenly froze as he felt himself resisting to continue and an urge to follow a different trail. Yes he felt some strong emotions coming from the jungle but without much too go off he hesitantly stood there frozen on the stairs.

Virky rushed back to the city a little salty about what had happened but she knew what she did was wrong and that she shouldn’t have done that. Thou sometimes like her step brother Domau she to were easily curious about things. She usually considered it a curse or a bad habit because it usually got her in trouble.

Domau continued working on his “Kanoka” as he called it in his lab.

1 Like

Streke was conveniently walking nearby, and heard the call.
“YES?” He yelled back.

1 Like

Two guards await him at the top of the stairs.

“Good day!” one calls. “Could I get a name and purpose for approaching the Temple?”

“Well, then no point in sitting around,” Lync whispers. “Let’s go.” (and then @TheMOCingbird can reply when he’s back)

“Who knows. Is there anything in particular you might need?” One of the group might recall that the Elders had promised a guide to their destination.

Tarkur hurried towards the sound as he did he uttered, “Are you okay?!”.

Reige humbly answers, “Nothing of importance, heard from the locals that this is the big E’s place and wanted to see it myself in all it’s glory before my time comes.”

“Yeah, fine, why? Who are you?” Streke asked, confused.

“Someone told me you were in trouble, also it’s me Tarkur” he said as he approach Streke.

“Someone to show us where to go.” Keya spoke up. “We would like someone familiar with the area to help make sure we don’t get lost.”

“And any information you have on things there we might not expect.” Hitora chimes in. “So we know to expect anything prior unexpected.”

1 Like

ooc:
Would streke know tarkur?
IC:
“Why would I be in trouble? I can handle myself.” Streke replied.

OOC: Tarkur sent him to find Azure with Athena earlier in the Rp so I think so but if not he might recognize him as someone he have met before.

IC: [quote=“meepinater, post:3240, topic:47931”]
“Why would I be in trouble? I can handle myself.” Streke replied.
[/quote]

“Don’t know exactly the Volcanoes is a dangerous place I assume, he who told me about you being here, didn’t really specify.” He replies.

1 Like

ooc: Okay, thanks. I couldn’t remember.
IC:
Streke shrugged. “Okay, then.” He looked around awkwardly.
“So, uh… now what?”

1 Like

Gladius hesitated. The wording of the elders had made it seem that the guide was in the general vicinity of them, in order for them to have the confidence to state that he was in fact nearby, and that they had missed their chance. However, it couldn’t hurt too much to ask…

“The elders said a Huntsman- no, a _Woods_man would be a guide to the ruins south of Karios.” He said at last. “Some clue of Vizuna’s fate may remain there.”

There was a glimmer of light far out into the darkness. Could this be something reflective, catching the light of a last ray of sun? He approached further.

But no, the shadow soon crept out to sea and the light persisted. It was soon evident that the dancing glow was that of a fire, and he had almost walked into what was likely the camp of Erebos without a second thought.

He had stopped to consider his options when something started approaching the fire. The orange glow illuminated it. Who, or what, was it? and had it seen him? and more importantly, there was a section right next to the fire where no light shone from. Was someone else there, cutting off the light? or was it just rubble?

Still shrouded in the shadow of the mountains, the Storm continued his noticeably quieter approach.

“Well you could continue doing whatever you’re doing here or if you want you could hitch a ride on my Gucko, if you want?” Tarkur answers trying his best not to cringe.

Capella,
“Oh it’s nothing, just something stupid.”

Dax walks back, finally catching up, he goes over to tend to the fire.

“Well, you’ll have to see it from a distance, then. Nobody’s allowed in right now; Ekimu’s orders.” The guard nods to himself, earning an eye roll from his companion.

The stranger nods in understanding. “Which brings you here. Sorry for the welcome; we’ve been stretched a bit thin lately. I’d show you to Karios myself, but I’m just leaving on another errand. I think Vohman is around, though; I’ll find him for you.” Without waiting for a response she vanishes, yelling Vohman’s name as she goes deeper into the building.

3 Likes

Gladius turned to the assembled party. “Well, we have a minute.”

If any of the people gathered around the fire cared to look towards the mountains, they might see two tiny points of blue shining out of the darkness.

The Lord of the Undying Storm readied his axe as the possible person became a defined form and approached the fire, followed by another, which grew even closer. He instinctive hunched in anticipation.

1 Like

“Uh… well, I’m looking for a friend of mine. We were in the City of the Mask Makers, and then he disappeared.” Streke replied.

1 Like

Hitora nods, though it’s obvious he’s feeling a little impatient.

Keya decides to take a longer look at the outside of the building itself.

1 Like

Reige under his hood were not content with that answer but began moving down the stairs. “Later then.” He muttered as he began descending the stairs.

Azure answers with a friendly thumps up.

“Oh… Okay, so you need help with that, maybe?” Tarkur replies implying that he would help if Streke wanted it.