Okotan Adventures: Spider Saga

“Yes, that would be great!” Streke said happily. “Most of the people I asked for help said no. One of them, quite rudely.”

1 Like

“Sorry to hear that, great!.. Anyways got any leads on were your friend might be?” Tarkur said being very optimistic in his tone

“Uh… not really. I think he went out with a couple other people that he met. I just need to find them.”
Streke sighed.
“I don’t know where they went. I was a little busy myself when they left.”

1 Like

Satisfied there wasn’t going to be anything happening for a minute, Gladius leaned up against a portion of the wall and reached into his armour, taking out the scroll of paper. He unfolded and unrolled it and began to look at the backside of it, acting as if he was really reading something.

In reality, he was mulling over faces and names to see who best would fit…

1 Like

Hitora sighed, then went a small ways away from the temple, deciding to try and shadow-box some to train and pass the time.

Keya, meanwhile, just sat and pulled out her book and pen, penning down some new song ideas.

Vra’axinni pushed through the brush to see what seemed to be a large structure, with all sorts of people surrounding it. “This is strange. I think we may have taken a wrong turn.” He muttered.

2 Likes

Bramble stopped dead in his tracks. There had been no indication previously of there being life nearby, and he was slightly dumbfounded. “Uh… Or we walked right into an illusion.” His muscles tensed and his frame grew slightly smaller in anticipation. “After you.”

Vra’axinni slowly crept forwards, drawing his spear, and fishing a small vial out of his bag.

Jaspar does his best to keep the conversation going, but there’s only so much he can do. Thankfully it isn’t too long before they reach their destination. The village in question is built in a cave, half underground and half above. Jaspar cheerily explains that their destination, the gukko pads, are in the latter half of the city.

“We can head there now, if you want, or we could rest for a bit. Up to you.” He shrugs.

The bartender gives them a blank stare.

“There are a lot of mercenaries out there, you know. And it’s not like telling me what region they’re from really narrows it down. If you’re looking for someone from the fire region, maybe you could look around there?”

“Good travels!” the guard calls after him.

“Well, I’m, uh, not really sure what to do for you.” Kiva rubs his hands together nervously. “I can take you up to see the Elders, but if you don’t want to do that we have other people waiting.”

1 Like

Melody tries clearing things up,
“This bounty hunter has worked in other regions before, I knew of him, when I saw him in the Jungle Region, I would not be surprised if he’s been in this city before. He’s an orange fire okotan with yellow markings, I’m sure they aren’t as common.”

The Lord of the Skies’ expression slowly rolled into a scowl. He was stuck. And there was always the possibility that one of these elders could know who he was based on accurate depictions of his escapades… Nuts.

“Fine.” He said, forcefully returning to the elegant, aloof manner he was supposed to be portraying. “I should put forth the needs of the people as often as necessary. Take me to the elders. Actually, one second.”

“Alright,” The Skies said a couple minutes later, having slowly and forcefully removed an excess amount of his form to only be about one and a half times bigger than an Okotan. It was so weird being this small… “Lead the way.”

Dax notices the blue, and his instincts as a guardsman has him watch it for any movement. When he saw the Lord of Undying Storm, he wasn’t sure exactly what to do. His first thought was why this being was released from his prison.

1 Like

The bartender rubs her mask. “Sure, sure, but that type aren’t exactly common around here. I guess there was a red and white one who used to be a regular, maybe a year back? Haven’t seen her in a while, though. Not sure what to tell ya, kid.”

Kiva watches the process with a mixture of morbid curiosity and unease, starting as the Lord speaks once more. He steps onto the lift, raising the two of them up to the Elders’ platform up above.

2 Likes

Vladin nodded and entered inside, not really knowing what to expect from Kora and the little ones.
@BlackBeltGamer98

Athena sat down and counted her arrows again, even if she knew what number to expect. She then rose her head and looked for Azure.
“OK, here goes nothing.” she thought before walking to her.
“Hey, can we talk for a vouple of minutes?”
@Tarkur

Rena returned to the camp.
“Is everything ready?” she asked the three.
@BlackBeltGamer98 @Jcton

“I see, well then what do you suggest would be a plaussible location for him too be at?” Tarkur asked.

Reige scoffs and continues descending the stairs

“Sure…” Azure hesitantly answers.

“Look.” she said almost whispering. “I don’t know what Tarkur and Era represent for you, and I don’t know what they represent for you…” she said on a combination of weak compassion and strong seriousness. “…but the two searched for you for three years. I helped them for the last month and, as far as I know, I found you before them.” she said, waiting for an answer.

“And…?!” Azure replied. “Was this just a competition too you? If so congratulations you found me. Now you can go back and brag about it or whatever.” Azure commented.

Athena sarcadtically clapped her hands.
“Congratulation. No, I did this to help them.” she said, although the word ‘help’ came out of her mouth with some sort of difficulty. “They clearly need you, and they asked for my help. I thought I will find you in more casual circumstances, although I should have expected that you are in danger, or in a situation that will make you unable to communicate with others. Although you don’t seem to be too far of it.” she said, looking with the corner of her eye at Gladius. “Look. I don’t kniw what you want to do. I don’t know why you are in this group to begin with. What I know is that I have to bring you back to Tarkur and Era in one piece, aka without Mr. Slag-you-if-you-oppose-me or the walking corpse knowing or opposing our departure.”

There was the sound of Kōra and Icar conversing in the kitchen while the kids were working on homework in their rooms.

“I think so.” Blaze said uncomfortably, genuinely trying not to focus on the fact they were at the Black Crater…again.

He still remembered when Makuta almost got out of the Shadow Realm.

“I’m here on duty given to me by Ekimu, just like Gladius and all the others, just tell Tarkur and Era I’m fine and that I’ll go find them ones where done if you don’t feel like stickin’ around or at the moment just roll with the punches and I can follow you to them ones I’m done.” Azure replied heavely emphasing on why she’s there.

Vladin walked closer to them.

“Let’s stick with the second option.”
@Tarkur