Okotan Adventures: Spider Saga

“And… Don’t you want to go and search for them?”

“The recent attack at the Forge and Ekimu departing has everyone on edge.” Icar said, “If we go looking for them, we may end up in over our heads.”

“Yes but… He is your son, mate! And the friend of my sister!” Vladin said, a little louder that he wanted.

Icar thought on this. He respected his son’s independence but was also disappointed in him and worried.

He took a deep breath, “Are you sure you want to do this?” He asked.

“Look man, Blaze was never on my top friends list, I’ll give him that. But he let me crush at his place. Not to mention that, again, he and Rena sort of have a thing, and I really want to be sure that she is safe.”

A heavy sigh came from Icar as he nodded, “Finish your food and pack up.” He said, resuming his meal.

Vladin, still a little tired, smiled widely, as he started eating the remainings fastly.

Icar also finished his meal quickly before cleaning the dishes and going to pack for the journey.

Since he didn’t really had much beside his backpack, Vladin exited the house, waiting for Icar to follow.

Icar soon followed after locking the house and leaving a note for his family regarding his absence.

“Let’s get going.” He said.

“Where to?”

“The Forge.” Icar said, “I imagine someone there may know where Ekimu went and if we find Ekimu, we may find Blaze.”

1 Like

He nodded, and headed towards the building.
When they would arrive, they would meet Ganoru and Sterro, still talking with the guards, trying to convince them that they are Ekimu’s back-ups, and that they must know where he went. Icar might recognise them, as they themselves asked about Blaze’s and Ekimu’s locations a while ago.
@jayzor17

2 Likes

OOC: Going east would lead to the Ice Region, tho north east would be much faster. just wanted to clear that up ahead of post

IC: Erebos was soon shrouded in pitch darkness, rocks soon shot out of the darkness as if they were thrown by Erebos, each one fairly accurate at their designated targets, the people chasing him, such as the big guy, the mask maker, the wannabe mask maker, that old dude now running into the fray… oh shoot there’s an old dude? Erebos faded into the shadow, appearing twenty feet more north.

Dax chases after Ekimu and the rest with Capella shortly behind him.

This pathway would lead to a fork, with only two pathways going to the left and right directions. A small glass-like pebble does fall from behind them, creating an echo in the glass-like tunnel.

Skipper would find himself by an entrance to an open room, with a rather large throne in the back center of it, no other doors and there were four guards in the room, but no Tyrant Queen, the Ruler of Tsim Krad wasn’t there.

2 Likes

Kryuna snaps to attention, scanning behind them for any signs of what may have created the noise.

1 Like

The creature growled in response to the rocks thrown, snarling as its eyed adjusted to the darkness

Lync’s attention snaps around as well, her gaze bouncing back to the path in front of her as soon as she sees no obvious threat behind her.

Ekimu grunts, raising his arm to ward off the stones only after the first leaves a dent in his shoulder armor. He slows slightly, dipping his head as he pushes through the onslaught. Now would have been a good time to have his shield… he would really have to pull the old thing out the next time he returned home.

The guards have a momentary staring contest, before the one rolls his eyes and motions for the other to go on.

“Look, I probably shouldn’t be doing this, but things are looking dicey. Rumor is that Ekimu freed that Lord of the Storm guy from his cell and left out west with him. If that’s the truth, well, I can’t imagine it happened because things are looking good. The Mask Maker didn’t say where he was going, not to us, but if they’re headed out west? My money is on the dark crater. Makuta was out there twice already, and what else would have Ekimu in such a panic? Just give him a hand, would you?” The guard bites his lip nervously, his companion nodding in stoic agreement.

Pheore steps back, body lurching with unnatural speed as her momentum suddenly reverses and brings her away from Jevis. She slides to a stop a few paces away from the other Okotan, tracing one finger along the new scratch in her armor.

“Not bad,” she compliments, her attention returning to Jevis. “What was your name again? Jeeves?”

After a beat Vohman joins him, piling stones and kindling into the beginning of a campfire.

The Elders exchange glances once more.

“Morrus,” the leader says. “As you have said, we have no right to ask this. But this region - our region - is in need of a hero in this time of darkness. Even a leader, perhaps. Yet, in our time of need Ekimu sends mere villagers to play the role of a Toa, not to mention too little far too late. Now, in our time of need, you have appeared before us; mightier than any villager without a doubt. Mightier, even, than a Toa.” Some of the others seem uncomfortable at this, but the leader continues on. “We have no right to ask such things of you, but we beg - will you be our savior? Will you shield our home from the coming storm?”

1 Like

The Lord of the Undying Storm barely noticed the rock click off his armour. However, he did very much notice the shadows die away, and Erebos clearly not there. Slamming his feet into the dirt, he turned slightly and instantly locked eyes with Erebos, only a dozen feet from him now.

Still trying to slow his momentum, he made a mad scramble towards Erebos, threatening to pummel him to pieces before he even slammed into him. In the dark, the shadowed hurricane of mass was only identifiable by the blazing blue eyes piercing the darkness.

Gladius practically plops down, exhaling greatly before attempting to regain his stoic attitude. Being old was starting to actually slow him down, and he didn’t like that factor in his life.[quote=“jayzor17, post:3647, topic:47931”]
“Morrus,” the leader says. “As you have said, we have no right to ask this. But this region - our region - is in need of a hero in this time of darkness. Even a leader, perhaps. Yet, in our time of need Ekimu sends mere villagers to play the role of a Toa, not to mention too little far too late. Now, in our time of need, you have appeared before us; mightier than any villager without a doubt. Mightier, even, than a Toa.” Some of the others seem uncomfortable at this, but the leader continues on. “We have no right to ask such things of you, but we beg - will you be our savior? Will you shield our home from the coming storm?”
[/quote]

Morrus’ hollow eyes switch from bored observance to a slight twinge of surprise, to being completely overwhelmed with what was being asked of him. Here was the acceptance he had fantasized about, the one thing he had dreamed of happening ever since he bore the mask of power, the treatment he knew he rightfully deserved.

And yet… He was a villain. A scoundrel. A downright vile and selfish man… And his eyes betrayed as much. Even the dullest of the Elders could have seen the simple signs that Morrus was trying to determine if he should be guilty.

“You, uh…” He said, not directly looking any of them in the eye. “You… Do know who I am… Right?”

His eyes wandered down to his hand. No, he was not a hero. He was not the righteous guardian of the jungle like he had been called to be. And he wasn’t about to become one, either. Hero work is for the pits.

But that didn’t mean his home - his people - were going to be the only part of Okoto without a lord. A Lord of the Skies.

“You should.” His fist tightened, splintering wood off of it as it did so. “You should know who I am; who I was called to be.” As he spoke, his body began to take on a much more humanoid, muscular form, as if his self-esteem was literally building him up. “And you should know I will never leave my people in a plight without deliverance.”

“My abilities may not be as illustrious as you proclaim, dear Elders, but you called for a savior. I will be your shield.”

1 Like

Noticing the large figure quickly closing the gap between them and Erbos, the entity tried to jump to the side to avoid being slammed into.

1 Like

“The undying Storm?” Sterro repeated in awe.
“How much time has passed since he left?” Ganoru said, not betraying any feeling of panic that might be produced by the thought of a fight with the lord.
Vladin approached the two figures. As he did so, he recognised Ganoru as the young and scared mask maker apprentice from three years ago, from the adventure he and some of his other siblings took part of.
“Hey, I know that guy.” he told Icar, pointing to Ganoru.
@BlackBeltGamer98
@jayzor17

1 Like