Okotan Adventures: Spider Saga

Hitora, having gotten a slight bit bored, along with Keya, explore the city some, looking for something to do.

2 Likes

The two might notice a steady flow of citizens moving with panicked intensity. How curious.

1 Like

Hitora runs up to them, Keya close behind. “What’s going on?” He asks.

In the jungle, the strange Okotan packs up his materials, including two new vials of…stuff, and heads off to the north. He had a strange feeling coming from that direction.

2 Likes

A panicked scream followed by frozen livestock flying across the skyline was an interesting way to answer that question.

3 Likes

One villager had stopped to answer their question, only to see the aforementioned flying livestock. They simply point back in the direction they came and continue on their way out of the city.

1 Like

Hitora had a guess as to what this might have been. “Keya, come on!” He said, activating his gauntlets as he ran into the fray, Keya close behind with her cutlass drawn.
“On it!” She calls back to him.

2 Likes

Skipper impatiently taps his toes outside the forge in between walks up and down the stairs to the entrance. To anyone walking by they would see an ice okotan run up and down the stairs but not in a suspicious way more a comical way. Anyhow the ice okotan(Skipper) ponders on the best approach on getting a good prank in motion of course his thoughts are kinda interrupted by the recent commotion.

1 Like

The Storm was furious. THis wasn’t just an insult, this… This was a mockery.

Not a single okotan had even for a moment stopped to bow before him in terror of his might. They were all legging it as fast as they could run. Barely any of them screamed. None of them even fainted!

Raging over the thought of this being an elaborate show by one of his ‘siblings’ to humiliate him, he heard a cry and spun around in tome to see Hitora approaching from a ways off.

Not recognizing his challenger, he laughed heartily and slowly raised himself into the air on a pillar of ice. “So, some foolish farmboy, no doubt, comes to assault me?”

4 Likes

Hitora’s golden armor glints in the sunlight as he puts up his dukes. “You wish it were some farmboy.” He told him. “I thought I’d seen the last of you before I took to the sea. Guess I wasn’t that lucky.” He makes a fake, overemphasized gagging motion before returning to face him.

2 Likes

The Storm glared with a bitter, resentful glare. “Listen, jester,” He pointed an icy finger at him with a snarl. “I don’t know why you’ve got this fool’s idea that you have a chance against me. But trust me-”

He suddenly let fly a large ice spike out of his palm. “It won’t help you!!”

1 Like

Hitora punched the oncoming ice spike full force with his gauntleted hand, his strength over 10x that of a normal Okotan. It would at very least crack and redirect it, depending on how thick the ice was. "Because I’ve beat you before, if memory serves. He said. “And this time I have a bit of help.”

Keya put away her cutlass and ducked behind a bit of rubble. She drew her guitar and held it in its sniper ability position. She readied to aim.
OOC: Note, this has the range of a sniper, but a single shot, even to the head, wouldn’t be enough to kill. It’s just elemental energy, like in her pegleg, but less spreadshot, more single shot.

The figure keeps going north, the trees starting to thin some.

2 Likes

Oh. Right. This guy.

“If memory serves,” The Storm snarled. “I handed myself in on my own accord, with you breathless and exhausted. Now’s different, however. I’m leaving this blasted city, and you won’t be able to stop me.”

He cast his eyes round to where he had come from. No, he could see no help. But surely, if his helper was competent, he would have struck by now… Right?
Unless… Unless his helper is some crafty woman - like his sister, the queen of the sea, who would always wait like a coward until the perfect moment to strike - or betray her siblings for her own pride, either one.

“Where is she?” He asked calmly, hoping by the stars that his guess didn’t leave him looking like a buffoon.

1 Like

Melody watched the chaos form her house window. She looks at Dax,
“Take care of Aiya, I’m heading out!”
Dax picks up Aiya,
“You do not have the experience that I do. I was a town guard for decades!”
Melody equips her gear,
“Except you’re really not capable at this point. Trust me I’m sorry to say this, but you’re a bit too old to take care of any threat at this point. I got this, besides Symphony will arrive shortly, I bet Sonata and him are already on their way here! Keep the child safe at all costs. I don’t want to see a single scratch on my niece!”
She runs out with her lance and shield, from the market streets to the center of the city which was close by.

Sonata walks over to Symphony,
“It’s time to head back…Melody’s dinner is most likely done.”
Symphony calls out to the rest announcing his leave. They leave the Forge and soon notice the commotion at the center of the city, from their vantage point. Symphony’s eyes light up with a questionable excitement. He says to Sonata,
“Dibs…”
As he unsheathes his custom forged sidesword, which he forged. (Just a normal sword that he forged in a similar style to the sword he had in the previous RP, can be explained as an early project of his, when he started as a blacksmith’s apprentice.) Symphony disappears into shadow as he runs forwards. Sonata sighs running towards Melody’s house, hoping to reach the market streets and gather any weapons she has packed in her bag.

Symphony appears from the shadows near Hitora. He smiles as he walks out of an alley way. His sidesword in his right hand and his knife in his left. Symphony calls out to the big fellow,
“Why…hey big guy…you look like you need to eat some fruit or a desert, I’m sorry if someone stole your fruitcake but there’s always more and I bet you can find some for cheap.”

Andhera Geet stood up and looks at Capella,
“I give up here, most of the ruins here are empty anyways…plus what ever can be found isn’t what I’m looking for…say Capella…you know of a good place to look for artifacts correct.”
Capella nods,
“My guess would be the City of Mask Makers. Why?”
Andhera responds,
“I need to say ‘hi’ to an old friend. Since, he still around…”
He walks over to Capella and squats,
“Hold on tight.”
Capella grabs onto his shoulder and in a blink they disappear. Andhera Geet teleports twenty feet, then teleports again rapidly, covering ground extremely fast, though the process was anything but comfortable to the mind as the sudden flash of locations made it a nauseous process to watch. Andhera was mostly used to it, but Capella kept her eyes closed. That being said they speed towards the City of Mask Makers at an incredible rate and quickly arrive at the ‘front door’ of the city, before the bridge. Andhera bends down to let Capella off,
“We’re here…”
Capella opens her eyes and looks directly at the bridge leading into the City of Mask Makers. She walks across the bridge and Andhera cloaks himself in shadows disappearing from sight. he teleports using the underneath of the bridge and makes it to the other side, appearing in a stray alley by the city entrance. Capella looks at him,
“You really like to keep yourself hidden…”
Andhera smiles,
“But of course…”
Capella nods,
“Follow me.”
She walks down the streets and notices the commotion. She points that direction and walks towards it.

4 Likes

She shot the bolt of water element energy right for his temple. “Right here, bucko!” Keya called, jumping up after she shot. “Oh wait…” She then thinks crouching back down and looking for another hiding spot to fire from.

Hitora rolled his eyes. “You need to work on the element of surprise, Keya.” He muttered, before rushing in at the pillar and heaving his arms forwards and up, trying to throw himself up towards The Storm with his disproportionate strength.

The man would see the city in the distance. “There?” He muttered. “There.” He affirmed himself, before heading out towards it.

3 Likes

The blast took the Storm completely by surprise. Even his heavy armour plating didn’t stop it from leaving a noticeable dent, nor give him such a throbbing pain that he lost all balance, and right as Hitora swung for him he toppled off sideways.

He was alert again in an instant, although now sideways. Propping himself up on one arm, he glanced back towards where Keya had hidden. “Way to knock me down a notch.” He chuckled, before teleporting directly behind where she was hiding… And subsequently colliding with the last support holding up a crumbling building, showering him in rubble.

5 Likes

Keya scrambled back and left a bit, heading away from her cover, then aimed her foot at him. “Nice try.” She fired another blast of energy out of her shotgun pegleg.*

*Patent Pending

Hitora landed and saw him, running up and jumping over the rock Keya had once been hiding behind and trying to being a double hammerfist down on top of the (probably) distracted Storm.

4 Likes

Azure started packing for her trip up the peak, of course, this was nothing new to her since she had been their before. In any case, she still packed necessary things such as warmer clothing, food and climbing tools even tho the peak wasn’t far from the temple she was currently in it still was a lot of climbing to get there. After she had checked her packing twice she headed for the exit. Once outside the morning sun struck her face warming it a little even if the breeze cold it down a bit. She still felt that the mountain air was really refreshing due to this she kinda forgot to start moving in the direction of the peak. Once she had headed of she didn’t really have any major issues to face nor was it any hard obstacles on the way to the peak.

1 Like

Blaze followed Symphony to find where his family lived, eager to meet them.

1 Like

The Storm didn’t expect to receive yet another barrage from Keya - especially not out of her leg! but as soon as the first bits started barraging his armour, he teleported out of the way - directly behind Hitora as he leapt off to the now open air. Grinning, he threw his axe at him.

2 Likes

Hitora ducked his head down below the shield on his back. The axe would hit him and send him stumbling slightly, coating the shield in frost, but then he turned to face Storm. “Ah, yes, more dirty tricks. How like you.” He said as he stood in a ready stance.

Keya scrambled behind new cover, weighing her options. She opened up her strange songbook, flipping through the strange language and her notes within, trying to find something.

The man sees the city before him as he traverses the bridge, trying to….feel his way to whatever called him here.

3 Likes