Okotan Adventures: Spider Saga

“Well, that worked.” Blaze said as he saw the clouds gathering. “And that’s my cue to try and get some cover.”

Nice job, Blaze. he thought, You just ticked off someone on par with a Toa.

He makes the smart move and brings out his shield and hammer while making as much of a beeline as he could to get out of the city to draw the fight to somewhere that won’t have as much potential for collateral damage.

In the back of his mind, the apprentice Mask Maker was glad his idea worked; that told him that he either got really lucky or he was another step closer to figuring out if stable multi-Element masks of power were feasible. Though, those hopes would mean diddly squat if he wasn’t alive to act on them.

2 Likes

More explosions flare up in the surrounding area, plants growing from the ground and surrounding buildings only to detonate in a flare of light and heat, leaving craters behind. Blaze can feel a sharp pain, a sound like the rasp of steel running against steel resonating through his head, and with a sharp crack the mask splits, landing at his feet in two halves. Uh oh.

6 Likes

Not bothering to stand back up, the Storm raised his axe above his head, and the small amount of clouds gathering above him suddenly darkened, and shot a massive stream of lightning from the sky, which ate holes in the buildings and street.

When he stood, lightning crackled from every portion of his armour, and his eyes were sparking with power. Blaze had succeeded in making the Lord of the Undying Storm very, very angry.

2 Likes

“Crap.” He muttered as he gathered the pieces and put them in his pack.

Good news: the idea worked. The bad news: it worked too well and broke the mask.

Blaze ducked for cover as the Lightning lanced around. The scent of ozone becoming very strong as each strike went off. He had to get this being away from the City.

1 Like

@Jcton Jevis cursed as the Storm and Blaze wreaked havoc on the city. He had to act, and he had to act now. Jevis scanned the streets for Symphony, or anyone who he would recognize as related to him in any way.

1 Like

“Congratulations, child of fire.” The Storm hissed, spinning his axe. “You have just SENTENCED your precious city!

Teleporting high into the air, the Storm threw his axe towards the general area that he had seen Blaze last (not where he is now), embedding it in the ground and causing a cascade of ice spikes to erupt from the ground. He was plummeting during this, and slammed his fist on the ground as he did so, creating a small crater and shooting ice spikes out in all directions.

In the muffled forge, Gladius heard some faint catastrophic noise, and immediately suspecting Blaze, looked at Ekimu and motioned pushing the Collected down the stairs.

4 Likes

Ekimu looks between The Collected and Gladius. Anything that could make that much noise…

“With me,” he barks, pushing his way back up the stairs. He briefly motions for the Collected to follow him.

3 Likes

Vladin was protecting himself with his lavaboard-shield.

1 Like

Gladius lifts his sword and deliberately steps in front of the Collected as he follows Ekimu up the stairs. If you’re the cause of this, Blaze, I’m going to find out how to rip your ear holes out.

3 Likes

Blaze huddled behind a wall as the shockwave reached him, “At least I didn’t try to hurt innocent people because of some lust for power.” He said. Granted, that backfire would cause a fair bit of property damage; it was still a lot better than if The Undying Storm went and froze it all in a rampage.

1 Like

The Storm was too far away to hear Blaze’s comment properly, and too consumed by his fury to attempt to process it. He focused his attention of deliberately freezing any plantlife of a reasonable size in his vicinity, teleporting very short distances on occasion in order to retrieve his axe, then throw it at some distant landmark, sending a shower of lightning and ice through the air as it flew to its target.

2 Likes

Atlas continues to run to where The Storm is.

3 Likes

The Storm slowly swiveled to see an Okotan running at full speed towards him. Teleporting a couple inches to retrieve his axe, he points it at the advancing figure.

“Now what in frostbite do you want?”

2 Likes

“Wow okay I didn’t realize you were an uh… Okotan?” Atlas says, slightly confused.

2 Likes

The Storm towered over the little being only a third of his height, at best. “Wrong. I am the Lord of the Undying Storm, one of the masters of this island.”

“What do you want from me? I am preoccupied in sealing this city’s fate.” His voice rumbled terribly.

2 Likes

“Yeah uh if you’re destroying this city go ahead because there’s no way in Okoto I’m fighting you.”

3 Likes

“You may be an Elemental being but you do not have the right to boss us around like you own us.” Blaze yelled as he scampered to a nearby exit from the City.

1 Like

“Finally, an Okotan with an ounce of-”

“Shut up!” He roared, flinging his axe towards the departing Blaze. “Shut up and run like the coward you are!”

4 Likes

Blaze tries to evade the axe as it flies toward him. “You had to try and conquer the island; you couldn’t just be happy with being a mighty Elemental being and had to become a warmonger.” He said.

“Cowards attack those that cannot defend themselves.” He said, trying to get his attention so he could try to lead him out of the City and put the people within at a minimal risk.

I wish the Lord of The Core or a Toa could lend some backup in dealing with this guy. he thought, really liking the idea of staying alive and trying to protect his home.

1 Like

Hitora hopped up on top of the ice. “Don’t think you’re getting away that easily.” He growled. He then leaped forwards with a left hook.

Keya kept flipping, then threw it to the ground. “Screw it.” She picks her sniper back up and aims for Storm. She can’t see him past the ice, so she picks up her stuff and tries to find a way onto any nearby roofs.

1 Like