Okotan Adventures: Spider Saga

Gladius’ overreaction was incredulous at best, as unless Vra’axinni was at an uncomfortable angle, he would have no chance of spearing the Storm’s heavily armoured throat. Regardless, his greatsword had a nice viewpoint of Vra’axinni’s throat the moment after Ekimu’s hammer had met the other’s sword.

1 Like

Blaze began approaching Ekimu, carrying the mask halves.

1 Like

“Vra’axinni.” He replies. “And please do not stop me, misters. This creature wiped out over half of my tribe with his frost. If it weren’t for him, maybe we could have survived what came next. As such, he needs to pay for his crimes, now and previous.” He seemed to have a bit of an accent not common to most of Okoto, as if he’d rarely seen outside of this tribe he spoke of.
I knew they sent me here for something. He thinks. For avenging them, I see.

3 Likes

“Heel,” Gladius hissed. “Or your kind may vanish-”

A small shudder went through him as he heard Blaze’s familiar step. No. Not now, kid, anytime but NOW.

2 Likes

“Can we all calm down, please?” Blaze asked, “There is no reason for us to be so hostile with one another.”

2 Likes

Andhera smiles,
“I can say for sure that you, Ekimu, have definitely changed in these long years. I remember a time when you were less quick to reaction and far less quick to action. I did miss a lot of history…say what happened to your brother, I believe he was the other mask maker around here…”

Capella looks at Andhera,
“Wait…how old are you?”

Symphony takes Andhera’s comment as his answer, though the hazed figure couldn’t be fully seen, his eyes were as clear as day and showed the mark of great age.

“You understand not.” He said, holding his staff where it was, but making no attempt to raise nor lower it. “For my ancestors called me to this city for some reason. It seems to me know that it was to avenge them on this front before heading south to avenge the death of the rest of them.”

1 Like

“Blaze,” Ekimu growls. “Hold your tongue.”

He draws his hammer towards him, and Vra’axinni’s sword with it.

“To take another’s life in cold blood would make you a murderer. We do not harbor murderers in this city.” He ignore’s Andhera’s words for the moment; multitasking was for the young.

3 Likes

“It is not cold blood. It is to honour my ancestors and to stop him from doing the same to others in the future.” Vra’axinni responds, eyes still on Storm.

2 Likes

Blaze silently considered just handing in his hamme, casting the mask halves and Mask of Decay into a furnace, pack his things and go into self imposed exile to save the others the trouble of going and talking it over. He broke a sacred law: never make a mask with more than one element. Now, he will pay for it and considering Ekimu’s mood, it would probably be for the best if he left anyway.

Blaze begins to walk into The Forge, heading for a furnace and carrying the Mask of Decay with him.

1 Like

“Stop.” Gladius told Blaze suddenly, speaking rather loudly to ensure he is heard. “You’ll get your chance to talk to the mask maker.” His voice dripped slightly with venom, implying departing from the scene now would only warrant him a harsher punishment.

2 Likes

“He is to be contained within a secure prison,” Ekimu counters. “If he escapes to ravage this city once more you shall have your chance.” He motions to Gladius and Hitora. “Are you two capable of carrying him?” He gives Gladius a subtle nod of approval; he wanted to speak with Blaze, now simply was not the time.

1 Like

Gladius slowly retracted his sword from Vra’axinni with a suspicious glare, then after glancing at the Storm, attempted to heft one of his wrists. He dropped it after a moment. “It’ll take a little while, but I think we can manage.”

2 Likes

Blaze just continues into the Forge, intending to light the furnace and destroy his transgression. This may very well be the final experiment he would run with this kind of subject.

1 Like

Vra’axinni nods and draws his staff back to his side. “Fair enough. I guess that the other shall be my first target, then. While the blood is still fresh.”

Hitora nods. “Definitely.” He then sees Blaze heading off. “Blaze.” He said, more stern than usual. “I’d stop if I were you.”

2 Likes

“I’m not going to do something stupid.” He assures Hitora as he stops for a moment.

This time, he thought, I’m making the smart move.

2 Likes

“Other than disobey the orders of someone who seems almost like Ekimu’s right hand man at the moment?” He responds. “I thought you were the most goody-two-shoes person I knew, and this doesn’t seem to fit that bill.”

2 Likes

“I don’t want to talk about it openly right now.” Blaze said, obviously hurt about something. He wasn’t opposed to speaking about this in private; his word choice made that clear.

He starts walking to the furnace again and prepares to light it. “I need to do this.” He whispers to himself.

My experiments brought this destruction upon us; the first thing to do is destroy the thing that caused this damage. he thought, referring to his broken mask.

2 Likes

“Good. Please bring him within the Forge; I shall give you further instructions from there.” Ekimu turns, following Blaze up the stairs.

“Blaze!” he calls, trying to put a hint of softness in his voice. He isn’t completely convinced at the attempt, but it can only help.

1 Like

“Stop him,” Gladius said casually to Ekimu, not taking his eyes off Blaze, although Ekimu was too far away to hear now. “Don’t let him destroy his future.”

Glancing to the Storm, he turned to Hitora. “There’s a lot of stairs to climb. Which end would you prefer?”

2 Likes