Okotan Adventures: Spider Saga

Andhera turned to leave. he decided it would be best to visit another time, though he glances at the center of attention, Blaze. Andhera smiles,
“Trouble awaits those who rush forwards without thinking. Plus I believe it takes more than a thing to cause this much damage. You should reflect on your actions…”
Andhera’s comment seemed like an reply to Blaze’s thoughts, as if he was able to briefly read them.

Blaze lit the furnace and began bringing it to temperature as he placed the Mask of Decay on a workbench, “Symphony has asked this be destroyed.” He said, watching the flames for when they are hot enough to melt his final experiment.

His face showed guilt over something he had hidden. Something he prayed would never be known.

Now, the only fate that remained for that secret was to have it burn and be brought to light after being buried the way it was in his heart. He wished there was a way to fix this that didn’t involve confessing but, to him, there was no alternative; the truth needed to come out.

If only you knew what this thing was. he thought in response to Andhera’s words.

2 Likes

“I’ll take the tail end.” He said, picking up that part.

2 Likes

Gladius grunted as he hooked his arms under the Storm’s shoulders. “Stupid lummox” he whispered to himself as he tried not to get poked in the face by the Storm’s elaborate helmet.

2 Likes

Andhera laughs as if he heard Blaze’s thoughts. He walks closer to Blaze,
“I do, I had one like it…Ekimu’s brother was always an experimentalist with many ideas. I always liked his dangerous passion. His passion though was only dwarfed by his folly and over eagerness of design…”

1 Like

Ekimu picks up the Mask, examining it in the light of the Forge. “So your fellows did manage to retain a mask or two,” he comments, bemused. He secures the mask within a cabinet along the wall. “I shall discuss this with him later.”

The Mask Maker leans his hammer against the wall and turns to face Blaze. “Now, there seemed to be something pressing you wished to address?” The tinge of softness is there once more; a bit more convincing this time.

3 Likes

“I broke our sacred law.” Blaze said, sounding extremely hurt with every word as he showed Andhera and Ekimu the broken mask of Jungle and Fire. “I’m going to destroy this.” He said. “Please, don’t stop me.”

The craftsmanship was commendable and it did show the red and green that such a mask would have. Blaze looked like he was looking right at a gateway to a place worse than the Realm of Shadows.

“If I am to be banished for this,” he began, “I ask that I be able to get my affairs in order after melting this mask; I promised Symphony I’d have dinner with him and meet his family.”

He braced for their reaction, knowing that Ekimu would possibly have very choice words about this.

4 Likes

Andhera leans against and opposite wall. His eyes the only giveaway of his location. He chuckles to himself,
“Here comes the talk!”

Symphony who was also leaning against the same wall smiles,
“I wonder if my brother went through this same thing.”
Symphony had recently appeared to learn of what would become of Blaze and the Mask of Decay…

The Collected had been muttering all the while.

Sayings such as “Fools.”, and “End The Beast” being barely caught as he irritably hissed under his breath.

2 Likes

Blaze prepared to cast the remains of the mask into the furnace; just a few more minutes and it would be hot enough to melt it.

2 Likes

The Collected was currently twitching to a degree yet seen, even during/following that incident with the… mask from earlier.

Staring at Blaze, no, the shards of mask in his hand with a glare as his head continuously ticked to the side. His hands shaking, and fingers grasping at his sides the more he twitched.

1 Like

@BrokenAxels Kryuna wandered around the marketplaces in the capital of ice before seeking out Echo. “Come on, we should be heading back, we’ve spent enough time here already.” She said.

1 Like

The furnace was hot enough. With a moment’s hesitation, Blaze placed the pieces into the flames and stood back to watch as they very slowly began melting back into their elements.

Why can’t I seem to think things through? he thought, reflecting on the past three years he spent learning from Ekimu and experimenting with multi-element masks.

He did everything he could: he conducted them far from any settlements so as to minimize risk to others, he never had two in existence at any time and, probably the thing he shouldn’t have done, kept it secret from his master with the intent of sparing him the hurt of watching as his apprentice conducted similar experiments to the one his brother do so long ago.

Blaze fully intended to stop when he found reason to, hoping that would mean he found a way to create stable combinations but that wasn’t what he was doing: he was stopping because things got out of control and people got hurt. He had to stop now before more suffering was caused by his curiosity.

1 Like

At this The Collected screeched, charging forward, sweeping, an arm out to bash Blaze away, before throwing his hands into the flames to grasp, and yank out the melting pieces with a distorted roar of,
WRONGWRONGINCORRECTWRONGWRONGFAILUREFOOLIDIOTCHILDWRONGWRONG!

The runes across his armour were glowing once again.

OOC: Jungle and fire mask, yes?

1 Like

“Please, don’t.” Blaze said after getting up from the ground after The Collected hit him. “Let it die.” He told him, a somber tone to his voice, “Let that mask burn away so it cannot hurt anyone anymore.”

OOC: yes, it’s a Fire and Jungle combo like Makuta made for the Featival of Masks.

2 Likes

FoolIdiotChildBumbling buffoonDid it wrong! Bad elements. Wrong Mix. Insulting. Needs to be fixed idiotchildfoolfailure of a smithThe Blaze.” The Collected replied in a hiss.
Quite literally snapping at Blaze before he took the chunks of mask, tossed them into the nearest bucket, and began shuffling through whatever materials where out.

Quickly alighting upon what he was searching for, a few pieces of metal, and a small handful of water and earth elemental crystals, slamming them down onto a table near the bucket before moving towards the forge hammer he’d used in attempt to smash the… mask from earlier before Blaze had put it on.

1 Like

Dakron and Streke stood nervously and awkwardly outside the Forge. They had no idea what was going on.

1 Like

Hiraeth looks at her and nods, he had a shield on his back and he had a small sack of food. “Alright, let’s go then.”

2 Likes

Skipper made his way through the now kinda wrecked city of course he didn’t mind it really since he actually didn’t live in the city he was in fact homeless. So he had no reason to worry about not seeing his house stand when he got home nor had he any family to look after or take to safety. Thinking about it made his head hurt when he tried to remember. He had no idea where he came from or his origins. The feeling of not knowing made him sad of course the scenery didn’t help.

1 Like

Hitora continued to help heave Storm up the steps.

Keya, meanwhile, sat at the bottom, looking at the crater his head had created in the ground.

Vra’axinni sat down and pulled out his mortar and pestle, along with some more materials, and started working on another paste of sorts.

1 Like