Okotan Adventures: Spider Saga

Tarkur chuckles lightly at Hiraeths comment. “True that.” He comments.

1 Like

@Tarkur @Axels Some of the color leaves Kryunas face, as she keeps her back turned on Tarkur. Though she had never really met him, the mention of the group was enough to bring back unpleasant memories. "Come on Hiraeth, we should get going. She said as she began to walk away, avoiding lookin at Tarkur, wanting to leave as soon as possible.

1 Like

@TheMOCingbird, @Axels “Who’s she?” He asks Hiraeth looking at Kryuna.

2 Likes

“A friend.” Hiraeth answers as he walks after Kryuna. (@TheMOCingbird)

2 Likes

Kryuna just keeps walking. They could take the gucko bird to the capital of the region of earth, but that would just waste more time. They would have to go to Tsim Krad by foot.

3 Likes

“Ok.” Tarkur replies before heading of to help some other okotans.

@Toa_Vladin It wasn’t before long that a man came out from the backroom to the counter, “So what do you know about the outworlder or as you know her Mini mayhem?” He asks, “Not much more than she visited this place 3 years ago.” Era says.

2 Likes

The Storm was mildly aware of a sudden loud thud, and it took him a while to couple things together. Someone was upstairs, probably Ekimu. And right now his opinion of Ekimu wasn’t boding very well.

“EKIMU!!” He shouted out the air in his lungs as loudly as his crumpled body could manage. He opened his mouth to shout, again, but all that came out was a pained whisper. “Get… Down here… This instant!”

2 Likes

Meanwhile, Malekai lay somewhere in a nearby ditch, battered and unconscious.

@Axels After gathering a few essential supplies, Kryuna began the long track to Tsim Krad.

2 Likes

There was a number of… oddities in it. Some of them just seemed to be basic tools, small knives, carvers, just basic odds and ends… though they all seemed to have an odd… ‘glow’ to them.

Along with that was a few parts that looked more like pieces to a single item. Nozzles, a frame of sorts a few glowing… well, not cylinders due to their solid state, but still of similar shape glowing… bits.

There was also the… second mask he’d made. The… dark one. He’d quickly scooped that up, moving to slide it below his cloak as he grasped it.

“how long do you estimate it will take us to get there?” Hiraeth questions. He could do the walk no problem, but he was still curious

1 Like

@Axels “Not sure. A days journey maybe.”

1 Like

Sonata walks closer to the Temple of Creation. Her mind swayed with the many memories she had with Symphony in this city. Memories of her wedding flash by and her mind focuses on the first week with Aiya. She was so small and helpless. Now her baby is with the tyrant that is the Puppeteer. She wonders what is taking Symphony so long, but deep inside she felt that he must be doing what he can to protect her.

Melody walks to the Abai’s house. A brief memory of when she helped Capella’s family move in, passed by as she went up to the front door.

@BlackBeltGamer98
Capella sighs,
“Look Blaze, I guess it’s easy to hate someone, but ever since Geet passed on, it’s been hard to find a goal…I know at first wanted to bring him to justice…for what he did to Symphony, when I thought Symphony was dead, but honestly I never saw Geet dying so soon…if anything what I wanted, was him serving time in jail…not what happened…”

Dax watches Capella, knowing this is a rare moment.

Erebos (Andhera) slowly opens his eyes. He was embedded into a stone wall. He smiles, He still has some strength in that hammer. Erebos pushed himself off the wall and walks to the nearest shadows, teleporting just outside the building under the building’s hammer-like structure. Erebos cloaked himself in shadows and ran, through dark alleys and other passages. He got near the city gate, when he needed to wait for the guards to leave, surely Ekimu wouldn’t let him leave so easily.

Symphony (Orchestra) woke, in the middle of the street. He had no clue where he was, then it quickly came back to him. He sighs and stands up stretching. He grabs his sidesword and grabs his knife, sheathing them. He wonders what he should do now…he never finished that duel for the city against her (Kryuna)…If he remembers correctly she was at the tournament. Funny how things work out. Symphony grabs his mask and lets go, sighing once more. This is taking too long…

Lady Krad walks to an old stone door and opens it. Inside was a subordinate and a crib. This crib contained Aiya Kokinos, her tool to controlling Symphony. Lady Krad picked up the child, and Aiya immediately cried, Aiya missed her mother and now this stranger has her. Lady Krad puts her back into the crib,
“Make sure that thing quiets down, don’t even think on killing it, unless you want me to tear you piece by piece.”
The Dark Mist subordinate nods as the Puppeteer leaves. She rounds up some Dark Mist warriors,
“Soldiers. Symphony has been gone for some time and honestly I just considered that he might need help, so I’m sending you to help, yes it’s gong to take a while, so good luck.”
The six dark mist warriors look at each other, before leaving for the ice region.

1 Like

A lone skull spider watches the duo depart from a distance. It couldn’t take the two alone. That’s why it wouldn’t be alone. A signal runs through the hive and back to the group in the mountains. A troupe of skull spiders scuttles away from the group, and Ilza feels a compulsion to follow them. (@TheMightyObsidianDude).

@KAI_BORG Ekimu frowns as The Collected attempts to hide the mask from him. Before he can think of a way to coerce the mask from the stranger’s possession, The Storm’s bellow draws his thoughts. He considers letting the ancient lord wait, but only for a moment. If the Storm was awake, might as well deal with him now. He descends the stairs, coming to a stop a few paces away from the Storm’s cell.

“You rested longer than I expected,” he says after a beat. @Ghid

Ekimu has vanished down the stairs by the time Andhera is awake, and misses his departure. A trio of guards are stationed at the gate, their focus outward. There should be little they can do to stop him.

A passing citizen notices him and goes to investigate. They crouch down to examine Malekai more closely, tapping him on the shoulder. “Hey, you okay?”

2 Likes

The Storm’s anger was kindled into a flame. He grunted loudly as he pushed against the door of his cell and tried to right himself. “You have no right to talk that way to-”

His conscious held his tongue. Yes, Ekimu very much did have the right to talk that way to him. He had proved it yesterday evening by nearly splintering his armoured skull. Worse than that, he had managed to defeat him at the height of his power with one swing of his hammer. Him - God of Okoto, champion of the region of Ice, and the mastermind who nearly brought the entire island to its knees. A billion questions soared through his head… Would Ekimu leave him cooped up in this dreadful cell for a thousand years? would he have him tried publicly and beheaded for what he had done?

For the first time in a long, long time, the Lord of the Undying Storm was afraid. “W-what do you want?” He snarled, but even the most dense brick could hear his angry voice vibrating with the dread of an impending nervous collapse.

4 Likes

Erebos charges and energy blast and releases. It was aimed for the center of the guards and when it hit it would cover everything within ten yards radius in an unnatural darkness. Erebos would use this darkness to run across the bridge and hopefully not be seen.

Ekimu hides his shock as the Storm moves about in his cell; to his memory, this was the first time a prisoner had been able to fight the runes inside. His heart rate slows a notch as the prisoner suddenly switches moods. It appeared the resolution to yesterday’s conflict had accomplished more than knocking him unconscious.

“I do not wish to hear any more from you today,” he says. “Is that understood?”

The guards cry out as they are suddenly engulfed in darkness, bringing their pikes up in an attempt to defend themselves. One of the guards feels Erebos rush behind him and whirls about, suppressing a panicked scream as he expects his life to come to a painful end. It, of course, does not, and the three hold their ground in the unnatural murk, straining to see or hear anything as they wait for the darkness to fade.

1 Like

The darkness fades within a few seconds, lasting roughly ten at most. Erebos beelined it towards the forest and disappeared in the brush as a dark haze.

“Capella,” Blaze said, “if there is anything I can do that is in my power to help you, please tell me.” He didn’t like seeing others in despair like this and always felt as though he needed to help them in some way.

1 Like

The Storm bitterly glared out of the only opening he could see through. His attempts to push himself up had been unsuccessful and had only resulted in him cramping himself even more. His pride kept him from responding with a ‘yes, sir’ and his cowardice kept him from anything else.

The only sound coming from his cell was the thin whisper of his labored breathing.

3 Likes