Okotan Adventures: Spider Saga

@jayzor17 Kryuna took off her cloak and tied it around her waist, and loosened her scarf around her neck, but she didn’t take it off. She thought she heard noise, and turned to her left. She motioned for Hiraeth to stop, as to not make any more sound.d

2 Likes

Hiraeth stops walking, and listens closely. what was that? He thinks to himself

2 Likes

Sonata thinks,
“I don’t think I saw anything strange when approaching…though…I woke up…she was…my baby…gone…taken.”

Xol continues his journey to the Stone Capital, it was finally in his horizon, unless of course that was a mirage.

Symphony walks around the Ice Capital, unsure of what to make of the current situation and even more unsure of what happened when he was healing. He sighs and looks around for his opponent

2 Likes

The Lord of the Skies looked around in horror at the decay, and while half of him was pleased that the plants had found dominance over Okoto, these ancient temples… Once pillars of majesty… Reduced to ruin. Decimated. Nothing left but a few small structures in pitiful condition.

It was so crushing that the Lord of the Skies nearly fell out of the sky itself, but managed to regain enough of his composure to keep flying. His destination was they city of the Mask Makers, of course, but… So much lost…

2 Likes

If she had been more aware, Ilza would probably have been annoyed at the prospect of being made to run around. However, given that any form of resistance was being slowly broken down, she simply had a vague, detached interest in her ability to move faster (possibly). She follows the spiders’ lead.

3 Likes

Hitora and Keya wander the mountains around the Ancient City. “Come on. I want to show you the arena.” Hitora said to Keya.

1 Like

@Axels Kryuna slowly drew her short sword, and approached the sound of the skittering. Motioning for Hiraeth to follow.

2 Likes

Xol gets closer to the Stone Capital, nearing his destination.

OOC: @Runa, isn’t the ancient city where the crater is?

OOC: No, I meant the Ancient City of the Mask Makers.

IC: Hitora lead her towards where the remains of the Floating Sky Arena lay, still almost entirely intact. “Why is it on the ground?” Keya asks.

Hitora sighed. “The mask powering it was stolen. We lost track of it. We’re lucky it fell like this and not in pieces.”

1 Like

@TheMOCingbird @Axels The skittering continues for a moment, then stops. The area is dead silent.

The spiders are holding still, staying hidden behind various rocks. She might be able to make out the sound of footsteps nearby.

“It- what?” Ekimu is still for a moment, his mind caught trying to balance out the urgency of Erebos’s escape with the new information.

3 Likes

She scans the surrounding area. Something wasn’t right.

1 Like

“The Dark Mist took her…Symphony left to rescue her…”
She broke into tears.

2 Likes

Ekimu tightens his grip on his hammer for a moment, then lets it slide to the ground. Erebos was gone. There was nothing that could be done at this moment that would be less effective in five minutes’ time. The Mask Maker stores the hammer on his back, placing both his hands on the Okotan’s shoulders.

“Symphony is a powerful man, Sonata, and a cunning one. If the Dark Mist dared to threaten his family, I doubt anything can keep them safe from him for long.” He smiles, turning slightly and attempting to lead her back down the Temple stairs. “Of course, a little help will go a long way.”

1 Like

Sonata looks at Ekimu,
“Yes, I guess I know best, since Symphony is my husband…but this Dark Mist is a part of his past before Makuta controlled Symphony. The Puppeteer is perhaps even more cunning that Symphony ever was…that’s my worry.”
she says in tears.

1 Like

They wander around it. “How were you supposed to get up to it?” Keya asks.

“Originally, the Mask of Teleportation was supposed to power Teleport pad things all over the island, but it was…also lost. Before we had a chance to restart them.”

3 Likes

“As I said, he will not face them alone,” Ekimu says calmly. He leads her down the stairs and through the city, making for the guards’ barracks.

1 Like

Ekimu’s day was about to get much worse.

Far off in the skies above the city of the Mask Makers, a great form could be seen slowly approaching in the sky. Flapping his wings slowly, the Lord of the Skies prepared to land in the city not far away.

1 Like

Sonata lowers her head again in thanks,
“Thank you Mask Maker. I am sorry to bother you.”
She walks behind him, hoping to be of help.

1 Like

@jayzor17, @Jcton Azure jumped off the Gucko heading for the forge. She arrives at the forge shortly after landing at the gucko platform. She walks up to Ekimu and Sonata, “I’m sorry to intrude but I come with bad news.” She says to Ekimu, she sees that Sonata isn’t feeling to well and asks “Is this a bad time?”, “Should I come back later?” She says struggeling to find the words, regarding others or care had never been her strong suit but she tried once in a while.

2 Likes

Ilza wonders who it might be, seemingly missing that it was quite likely that the spiders were about to attack.

2 Likes