Okotan Adventures: Spider Saga

“It’s no bother,” Ekimu assures her.

“One could say that,” Ekimu says. “Given recent days, however, it’s unlikely that a better time will come soon. Please, tell me what troubles you, miss…?” He gestures for Azure to follow himself and Sonata on their way to the barracks, all the while failing to see the silhouette of a “bird” approaching the city…

OOC: I can’t remember if Ekimu has met her before, so if he has, I guess he forgot. :stuck_out_tongue:

@TheMOCingbird @Axels A silver spider leaps out of the rocks ahead of them. It lands just out of reach, hissing and chittering with an alarming volume. Still, they might be able to hear the sound of many little legs skittering behind them…

@TheMightyObsidianDude The spiders around Ilza are moving, and she feels compelled to follow them. A tingling, stinging sensation flows through her veins, and a sudden annoyance seems to bubble up out of nowhere.

“Well?” Jaspar asks, unable to peel his eyes away from where Lync is crouched on the ground.

“Thank Melum for clear weather,” she mutters. “Looks like the swarm is heading up the slope here, towards the border. And…” She trails off, pressing her mask even closer into the snow.

“And what?” Jaspar asks, unable to repress the impatience. “Is she still with them?” Lync doesn’t look up, but he can all but feel the annoyed glare from his friend.

“There are definitely Okotan footprints mixed in here. But, well… I think there’s more than one pair. They must’ve started following some travelers a ways back.” Jaspar grimaces. Without exchanging a word the two break into a run, following the rough beat of the tracks up the slope.

6 Likes

OOC: @jayzor17 Ohh she has, first time they met she kinda fan girled just a smitch. Also I would say that she contacted Ekimu about the dimensional chain after Makutas defeat.

IC: Azure followed, “So to start off I should explain if it isn’t already apperant. I’m not okotan.” She starts, “So the thing is I was up in the mountains meditating trying to deal with several annoyances of mine to avoid what happened.” She continues. “There’s an old legend from my home that there’s a being who’s purpose is to make out of line beings to behave via force, these beings are individual to whom it originated from and they call themselves the order of chaos.” She states, “I thought it was just that a legend but earlier this morning I learned that the legends were indead true and if we don’t act soon we may face casualties in rapid numbers.” She cotinues, “How am I sure? This being seems to get his power from somewhere probably negative emotions…”, “and that’s probably why he beat me so easily, grrh.” She mutters. “Anyways he gets his strength from somewhere and before long he might reach the point of unstoppable and if he wants negative emotions he could be targeting anyone anywhere as we speak.” She concludes looking at Ekimu. “I suggest that we up the security around Okoto.”

1 Like

Sonata glances at Azure (@Tarkur) , wondering what she meant by “emotions” did she mean that they could be eaten? If so then that would be danger for someone she knows.

2 Likes

Azure noted Sonatas worried face and looks at her as to say “You can ease your mind, he wouldn’t have been able to get very far.”

1 Like

“Rena?” Blaze called as he looked for his friend, “Where are you?”

(@Toa_Vladin)

Ilza does so, wanting to vent this annoyance onto something.

3 Likes

Kryuna grips her blade, waiting for the spider to strike…

2 Likes

Hiraeth listens to the skittering. He knew this sound too well. He whispers to Kryuna. “There’s a lot of them. We need to be careful.” @TheMOCingbird

3 Likes

@jayzor17 @Axels Kryuna nods, tensing up. She had a good reason to hate skull spiders more than most.

1 Like

@Axels @TheMOCingbird The attack comes from behind, a trio of spiders launching at Hiraeth’s neck and shoulders while a pair go for Kryuna’s shoulder and lower back.

OOC: @TheMightyObsidianDude So yeah, Ilza’s here too, don’t want to have to give her directions post-for-post because that’ll get cumbersome. The skull spiders are trying to immobilize Hiraeth and Kryuna and remove their masks they way they did to Ilza, so whatever she could do on that front is what she’s being told to do.

4 Likes

@jayzor17 Kryuna spun around, “Behind!” Was all she managed to shout before slashing one out of the air, but the other still landed on her shoulder. She attempted to rip it off with her free hand, before it could sink its teeth into her.

1 Like

Cries of shock and terror called out from different parts of the city of the Mask Makers as the Lord of the Skies’ form descended towards the people below, aiming for the market, drawn by the scent of plantlife. He landed with a thunderous gust, knocking over nearby carts and scaring away anyone directly nearby.

Rising into his original form, he barely had time to breathe in the familiar air of civilization when someone had the indecency to throw a rock at his head. Spinning around, he could not identify the culprit.

2 Likes

Sonata sighs,
“I guess I was showing my worry. Pay no attention.”

Xol enters the Stone Capital, through the city’s gates.

After Symphony walks around the Ice Capital to realize that his opponents aren’t here anymore, he stands still for a second, just now realizing his plan has now been set in motion. He disappears in shadow, appearing back at Tsim Krad.

Erebos stands high on the central mountain of Okoto, He scours around, wondering what he might do.

“Ok…” Azure responded while waiting for a response from Ekimu (@jayzor17)

2 Likes

Jevis made his way to an old bar in the fire capital, a breeding ground for all sorts of criminal activity. He had tried to track her down before, but even with his skills as a bounty hunter, he could never seem to pin her down. But now he had money, and money meant information, and information would be the key to finding her.

1 Like

Gladius finally awoke with the sunlight streaming into his face. Slowly rising and grasping his sword, he stood for a few moments overtop the lookout point he had slept from the night before. Starting down the ancient path-

A massive shadow covered him for a moment. A giant bird made of plants had soared overhead, and landed in the middle of the city.

With a deep groan of contempt for the situation, Gladius sped his pace up ever so slightly, knowing he may soon be called upon. What in the world happened to the other warriors in this land?

“I have arrived!” The Lord of the Skies reeled back and shouted to those around him. “BOW BEFORE ME, CITIZENS Of Okoto…”

There was nobody left. They had all departed the marketplace to avoid possibly being attacked for the second time in two days. “Why- I- Whuh- Where’d-”

He spun around repeatedly, trying to locate loyal Le-Okotans who were bound to appreciate the arrival of their god. “What’s going on? Where’d everybody go?!”

1 Like

Hiraeth thinks, trying to make a split second decision. His neck or his back- which posted a bigger threat?

He doesn’t have time to use his axe, so his hands would have to work. He grabs at the spiders on his shoulders, gripping at them and trying to yank them off as fast and as efficient as possible, so he could take care of the third. If the spiders were strong enough, they could probably withstand Hiraeths grip.

2 Likes

“This happens to be the second time in recent memory their day has been interrupted by unwanted guests,” Ekimu announces, entering the marketplace to the Lord of Skies’ left. “I would imagine the prospect loses its charm rather quickly.” The Mask Maker had made his way to the market as soon as he had noticed the Lord’s approach, sending Sonata to fetch reinforcements from the barracks, and frankly wherever else she could find them. (@Jcton) To Azure he had left the decision whether to follow him to the Market or seek help alongside Sonata. (@Tarkur)

He might notice the Lord of the Skies’ arrival in the City of Mask Makers. It seems he got out just in time.

The bartender, a gruff old fellow lacking an eye, asks if he can get anything for Jevis. If he’s familiar with the locale he’ll know how to respond.

Her cut is clean, leaving a nice gash in the first skull spider as it falls to the ground. In the time that takes, however, the second spider manages to get a nice grip on her shoulder with its claws. She manages to nudge the spider around a little bit, but that’s about it. Meanwhile, a trio of blue-shelled skull spiders approach her.

He pulls one free, and it scrabbles at his hand with its legs in a vain attempt to make a nuisance of itself. Meanwhile the other manages to maintain a tenuous grip on his shoulder armor, scratching and scuffing it in the process but managing little else. The spider on his back looks for a weak point to sink its fangs into. Another pair of spiders, one silver one blue, scuttle around to flank him.

3 Likes

Jevis silently placed a small bag of widgets on the bar, and stares the man in the eye. “I need information.” Was all he said, surprisingly coldly for being a fire okotan.

She wanted to look back to make sure Hiraeth was ok, but she had her own problems now. Kryuna makes one last attempt to rip the skull spider off, trying her best to block out the pain. Weather it worked or not, she threw her short sword to the side, and drew her great sword. While she was ok with a shot sword, the great sword was really where her skill lied. She Wound up, and released a heavy swing aimed at the three skull spiders approaching her position.

1 Like

@jayzor17 Azure follows Ekimu dealing with the lord of the skies could prove to be good training.

2 Likes