Okotan Adventures: Spider Saga

Ilza then charged in from behind, trying to disarm her by yanking the sword out of her hand. Ilza isn’t really a fight-y person, so this is unlikely to work, though the skull spider might help with that strength-wise.

3 Likes

With her blade still carrying the momentum of the first half of her swing, Kryuna simply twists her body toward Ilza, bringing the blade not far behind it. It probably wouldn’t hit her due to its lack of precision, but it might be enough to keep her away.

1 Like

“Un-” He started, then, again, under his breath. “unwanted?!

Something struck The Lord of the Skies about this fellow. He was… Different. Something tugging at the back of his memory, demanding he pay extra attention to him, but… He had more important things, like reveling in his glory, to attend to.

However the golden armour and the massive hammer marked him as a dignified individual, of nothing less, and probably a head of the people here. “W-well, perhaps you can explain to me, then,” The Skies remarked, a bit rattled by this reception. “why on Okoto my arrival would be Unwanted.

2 Likes

Erebos glances back happy that there’s now something to preoccupy Ekimu’s time, while he chooses a region to search. He’s already searched the Jungle Region, since his return. He turns to the Water Region, thinking it would be a good reason to check there, after all who knows where the chain bearer was or even is. It would be better suited in his eyes, to search, until he found more clues, that might bring him closer to that chain bearer.

Sonata runs to the guards’ barracks, she had learned of the location when she was talking with Symphony shortly after their wedding, about Symphony’s father and his father’s job as a city guard.

Xol meanders over to the stone capital inn, passing by a hospital. He takes a short glance at the hospital, before continuing to the inn. He took the long way to the inn and passes a vendor selling construction equipment, one of them being an insanely large chain. Xol shortly finds the inn and enters it. He goes over to the innkeeper and rents a room for the night.

Symphony walks through the doors of Tsim Krad, entering into the labyrinth of darkness and mystery. He found his way to the throne room, where Lady Krad sat promptly on her stone throne. The puppeteer glares,
“Took you long enough, I had just sent reinforcements.”
Symphony nods,
“The Ice Capital now bears the Dark Mist rune, all enemies have been destroyed.”
He was lying, he hadn’t killed a soul in the Ice Capital,
“I think sending a few more warriors to keep the peace would be a wise decision.”
The Puppeteer closes her eyes and sighs,
“Who taught you to suggest things, do you want your daughter dead?”
Symphony says grimly,
“Quite the opposite, I prefer she lives and chooses her own path in life. I have done what you wished now give me my daughter back.”
Lady Krad shook her had,
“No you’ve barely scratched my list for the freedom of your daughter, don’t even think of using your cloak, I have counter measures.”

Melody was in a alleyway when the Lord of Skies appeared suddenly. She stayed in the alley and watches him. @Ghid

Dax and Capella glance around wondering if Rena had gone somewhere.

1 Like

Ilza hops away again, hissing in annoyance.

1 Like

From their view among the mountains, Hitora and Keya had seen something floating above the city. “Well, that probably isn’t good.” Hitora muttered. “Come on!” He starts running in the direction of the city.

Vra’axinni navigated his way through the jungle vines and underbrush, tired of waiting for Ekimu to help him. “Whatever.” He said to whoever seemed to communicate with him. “I can do this on my own. I don’t need his help.”

3 Likes

Tohi, now back at his home in the Region of Ice, wonders where to continue his search for answers.

2 Likes

The bartender raises an eyebrow, but isn’t about to say no to widgets. “I’m gonna need a bit more than that if I’m gonna help you, friend.” The villager picks up the bag, tossing it lightly and getting a feel for the contents.

Her swipe knocks away the approaching spiders, flinging them into the surrounding rocks with a satisfying thunk. The one on her shoulder, however, remains, and slowly inches its way towards her neck as she fends off Ilza.

The guards there are already gearing up, alerted by the waves of fleeing villagers that something was amiss. One guard moves to greet her, a young stocky earth villager. “Is there something we can help you with, miss?”

“You’ve given them quite the fright,” Ekimu remarks bluntly. “Usually long lost Lords and Queens come here with intents of ‘showing the people of Okoto their place’ and generally make a mess of themselves. You are far from the first in recent memory to do so.” He adjusts his grip on his hammer, rolling his shoulders in a general shrugging motion.

He might hear a rustling in the underbrush nearby. In truth, it’s quite likely he does, given the racket that’s being made.

2 Likes

As Hitora and Keya ran to the city, their minds raced with all the possibilities of what it could be.

Vra’axinni quietly draws the staff from his back, and fishes a strange flask from his bag. He prepares himself for an attempted strike, listening to and viewing the surrounding area with full attentiveness.

1 Like

As he pays more attention, Vra’axinni might be able to make out something else - voices. They’re relatively high-pitched, somewhere to his left, maybe a bit further ahead, and seem to carry a vaguely angry tone.

He sneaks over that way, trying his best to avoid the loud brush or dead branches on the ground, and trying to make out what they were saying.

1 Like

As he gets closer, he might be able to distinguish the voices as belonging to younger villagers. There seem to be two of them, and they seem to be arguing. The two are likely moving away from him, given the sounds of their voice and their noisy passage through the undergrowth.

He himself purposefully made a loud cracking noise by stepping on a dead branch, waiting for a response, blade at the ready, just in case.

1 Like

“A fright?” The Skies said, confused. “Why would they-”

He looked at himself. True, most Okotans hadn’t seen a giant pillar of plant mass fly in from the sky. Actually, now that he thought about it, there might not be anyone left alive who even recalls who he is.

Except Golden Boy there. “Well, all right, I’ll give you that. But what do you mean, show the people of-”

The obvious finally clicked. He looked at Ekimu out of the sides of his eyes, a dangerous flash shining out from them as he did so. The thought of one of his siblings deciding to take revenge upon him for… Avoiding the final fight… Was a dangerous one. “Who has been here first?”

1 Like

@Ghid, @jayzor17 Azure draws her weapons just in case but remains quiet so she wouldn’t anger the massive tornado person.

1 Like

“What do you know about an old criminal group called The Hive Lords?” He asked.

2 Likes

Sonata nods,
“Yes, a big being about two toa tall landed in the market streets. Also what is with the tall beings always landing in market streets?”

The guardsman laughs nervously. “Only place they can fit, I guess.” The others seem about ready to go now, and an older, more experienced-looking water villager joins the conversation.

“Can you show us where it landed?” she asks.

Ekimu meets the gaze, managing to keep any fearful quivering from actually occurring. “The Lord of the Storm decided he was displeased with his accommodations in his cell just last night. He is to blame for the current state of affairs.” He sweeps his free hand across the market, gesturing to the damage still left from the Lord’s rampage the night before. “I wouldn’t suppose you two have met?”

In a moment the money has vanished beneath the bar. “Now, good sir,” the bartender says, leaning forward as his words get quieter. “What might a fellow such as yourself know about the Hive Lords? Wouldn’t want to be redundant now, would we?”

The two voices immediately stop. He hears a muffled remark along the lines of “did you hear that?” followed by a more audible “Hello?”

1 Like

“Hello.” Vra’axinni quickly responds, just loud enough to be heard, holding his weapon ready to defend, in case it was a trap.

“You don’t need to know. Just tell me what you know.” Jevis said, obviously getting little impatient, lowering his voice well.

OOC I’m not going to reply for Kryuna till @Axels makes a reply.

1 Like