Okotan Adventures: The Adventure Continues

“Did you forget to pack your brain?” Gladius hissed under his breath, pretending to play along. “You have no idea if literally everyone else is going to play along!”

1 Like

“I didn’t; I’m trying to play smart.” Blaze hissed back.

“Haven’t you heard of the phrase, ‘the enemy of my enemy is my friend’?” He asked.

1 Like

“Careful,” Gladius said, with an overly cautious tone, but his eyes glared in a very disappointed manner at Blaze. “You’re lucky she hasn’t ground us to powder for interrupting her.”

A large rumble brought Gladius’ eyes away from Blaze, and they widened at what they saw. “We’ve dug ourselves deep.” He whispered.

The Lord of the Core inched closer to the crater before slowly beginning to enter it. The rumble occurred when his footing slipped slightly, and he slid uncomfortably close to the glowing staff of power. Immediately reacting, he nervously grabbed a handful of ash and caused it to pop and glow in his palm, before chucking it towards the figure.

“I get the final blow.” She says.

The figure held out its right hand, and a blast of elemental energy erupted from it, stopping the oncoming projectile from hitting him. The glow dimmed, revealing what seemed to be a temporary form for what Makuta had become.

apologies for low quality pic, it was taken on short notice

4 Likes

“I accept that.” He said, “shall we show him what happens when he messes with this island?”

He marches with the Skull Spiders and their queen, glaring claymores at Makuta.

OOC: picture looks great.

2 Likes

Dax looks at the figure of Makuta. He breathes,
“Well, this is going to be a tough day.”
He mainly worries about the skeleton warriors as he nears the enemies. Melody is close behind.

Capella shoots at Makuta, aiming for the hand holding the strange staff.

Symphony strikes at Skull Slicer. He tries to get his attention so Sonata can touch him and use the mask of decay.

The Lord of the Core stared at the figure’s form, utterly taken aback by the utter repulsiveness of it. After righting himself, he narrowed his brow and spoke.

So, the fly emerges.” He rumbled, managing to tower even above the floating figure in the air. “If you thought you could take this island you were sorely mistaken. We’ve come to prepare your funeral.

The Core took a step back, letting the blast fly by his head. “Know, as you fall, that we are being merciful.

Bramble fixed his aim at Makuta’s body and let fly an arrow, instantly scrambling wildly to his feet once it left his bow. He reached to place it back on his back, but something snatched it from his hands and went soaring into the sky, dropping it from above onto his head.

What even was that?!

Halmos chuckled as he dropped the bow. There was no way he was going to let this battle go by without his notice. Whether the heroes won or lost, he was going to revel in every minute of it.

…And possibly snatch a mask or two? keep circling Halmos, keep circling.

The Lord of the Undying Storm sat in a cell, hearing deep rumblings in the distance. He grinned, knowing in the aftermath of it all, he would have the freedom to run amuck and put his plan into action.

His axe was stored deep in the forge, where they assumed he couldn’t reach it…

1 Like

OOC: I don’t recall saying Blaze ever gave Ekimu or the guards the axe.

IC: Blaze figured he would be in for the fight of his life, If that is the case, I’m going down swinging. he thought.

OOC:

Well, I don’t recall it ever being Blaze’s axe, either.

That, and now there’s a massive timeskip, the Storm didn’t just stand in the street with the guards for a few hours, and Blaze isn’t lugging an axe half the size of his body around anymore, so…

1 Like

Tarkur and Era takes cover behind a big rock a bit from the crater. “I don’t know how you managed to talk me in to taking you with me.” Tarkur comments, “I overwhelmed you with my charms, of course.” Era jokes, Tarkur looks at her “This is no time for jokes, you know I’m just worried about you.” Tarkur calmly said, “I know but I think we make a good team.” Era assures him with a smile. “Maybe but you don’t even have any proper training in fighting.” Tarkur mutters. “What’s that?” Era teasingly asks, “Nothing, Nothing at all.” Tarkur replies.

Azure had not found Echo(@BrokenAxels) yet but she decided to ■■■■■ the focus to the battle at hand.

Scrapper and Hiba was both still in the MM city. Leif was still in his village taking care of his family and company.

Skyll was already heading towards Makuta.

Soulless, Shadow Beasts, Skull Warriors, and Skull Spiders emerge from their hiding places, ready to fight.

Makuta floated down from the sky, making the arrows miss, and lands on the water, walking on it towards the shore, the water right below his feet seeming to ■■■■■ between ice and water when he steps on it.

1 Like

Blaze was ready to fight. “Makuta will pay for what he has done to the island.” He muttered.

Kryuna backed away from the dark being. “What have I done?” She muttered under he breath.

OOC: Is she visible and recognizable to Blaze at his current distance?

IC: Blaze allowed for Skyll to be the one who led the charge, the Skull Spiders were her troops and she knew them better than he did.

Kavix was visibly shaking.

OOC Probably not yet, but if gets a little closer she probably will be.

OOC: that’ll happen soon. He’s marching alongside Skyll and her forces, having made a temporary truce due to Makuta being their common enemy.

IC: Blaze kept marching.

1 Like

OOC [quote=“BlackBeltGamer98, post:4096, topic:45526”]
having made a temporary truce due to Makuta being their common enemy.
[/quote]

Yeah, Kryuna won’t like that very much.

Lync skirts along the edge of the battlefield, energy bow drawn. Her breath is still a little raspy, pain lingering in her throat from her fight with Pheore. She ducks low, trying to remain out of sight. The artifacts are probably what are important here… assuming I can get close enough to break them.

OOC: Can I assume she got Naghaor’s power source from… Athena, I think it was?

Pheore sits in an alley in the City of Mask Makers, staring at her hands.

@Chromeharpoon Jaspar puts a hand on Kavix’s shoulder, a cheap sword clutched in his other hand. “You alright?”

“Yeah,” Kavix lies. “I’m fine. In fact, I’m oddly calm, staring certain death in the face like this.”