Okotan Adventures

Blaze nods, “We’ll ration out the food we all got, which should be plenty, so we don’t risk running out while away.” He starts dividing what he and Nuuma got.

Lync shakes her head. “We’re in the forest. We don’t have to worry about food until after the ruins.”

“Here you ration out this bag.” Geet hands him his large bag, which is about a big as half his height and as about as wide.

“Once we’re higher in the mountains, we could hunt for Rahi, and there’s probably some berry bushes.” Vinazu said.

1 Like

Atlas readies his hammer in case any rahi try to attack.

Tekan, having wondered out of sight could suddenly be heard yelling an Okotan swear, very loudly at that, followed with the sound of a large amount of shattering stone.

Nuuma ran off to see what happened.

1 Like

As he did he heard some more commotion coming from a nearby crevasse.
Upon entering it he saw Tekan hissing in pain, leaning on his scythe heavily as he breathed heavily in pain, shards of metal and stone spread across the crevasse floor. The base of a stone… object of some kind near him, only shards of stone sticking up from the base.
Whatever it once was wasn’t definable now.

1 Like

Nuuma dropped down into the crevasse(since they’re in the mountains now), and looks around. “What happened here?”

OOC: Thanks, fixed it.
IC: “Nothing.” Tekan hissed, turning and glaring an… animalsitic look in his eyes, his teeth bared in a scowl, their sharpness visible, showing more of his ‘modifications’, yet for some reason a… dead, saddened look was buried deeper in his eyes, one of someone who had given up long ago, before it was quickly buried within his anger as he shook his head.

Nuuma looked saddened. “Despite obviously winning whatever happened here, your eyes show defeat. That’s not nothing.” He, with very little show, readied to draw his sword from his hip.

“I… said… its… nothing.” Tekan hissed, his grip on his scythe tightening, small creaking sounds heard as he continued to growl, baring his teeth even more.

“And I said you’re lying.” Nuuma tells him. He’s obviously in pain, so he probably won’t attack me. He thought to himself.

“Exactly. Your food comes from somewhere, and that somewhere is here.”

RRRRRRAAAAHHH!” Tekan roared, grabbing his scythe and twisting, slamming it into the wall with enough force to embed it into the wall. Yanking it out roughly to show mild scratches across it as he continued to roar, slamming his fists and feet into the walls of the crevasse at random, fracturing stone and his armour.
As he moved around Nuuma spotted a still recognizable chunk of the statue. It was a mask, chipped and cracked but recognizable enough to be familiar, it was Tekans mask, or at least matched up with what parts had been glimpsed so far.

Nuuma backed up slowly, keeping the statue in the back of his mind.

Vinazu remembered something. “Hey, Lync, I’m gonna need some measurements to make your glider. Really just your height and…‘wingspan’ I guess? The distance between your hands when you hold your arms out to your sides.”

What does it matter?! THEY’RE DEAD! THEY’RE ALL DEAD! AND ITS ALL THIS STUPID MASKS FAULT!” Tekan continued to roar, slamming his fist into the wall as he yelled, the sound of pained crying heard as he staggered back, collapsing to his knees and clutching his hands to his face.

Nuuma runs up to him. “Who? Who’s dead?” Nuuma asks, obvious concern in his voice.

“What, you want to do that now?”

THEY ARE! THEY ALL ARE!” Tekan hissed, staggering up as he grabbed Nuuma, holding him up to his face as he hissed, a buried madness visible in his eyes and his mask visible, matching up perfectly with the cracked carving, black of night and an odd sense of… darkness emanating from it despite its obvious powerless state, the crack reaching from the bottom right to the eye.
I’m a monster and this mask is my reminder of what I am.” He hissed, dropping Nuuma and stepping back, picking up his scythe as he stood there, staring down menacingly as his fists dripped with blood, their armour beyond shattered, before starting to walk away.
It’d be best for you to remember that. I many be here to help but you should never trust a monster.” He hissed as he walked.