Okoto in Minecraft (Map/Experiment) UP FOR DOWNLOAD!

Trust me, I’ve referenced that picture more than a few times :wink:

4 Likes

Oops
it’s the first time i see it,so i thought you didn’t,yet.

1 Like

ok so um

just take a big chunk of that out

That’s part of the plan!

Any more updates or estimates when it is done? It looks so cool and can’t wait to explore the map myself. :smile:

Will you also add any new locations from the 2016 story later on?

My best estimate is toward the end of this month. Perhaps around Thanksgiving break.

Yes! The next release is just the first. I intend to continue updating the map as we get more story information.

Quick update, by the way:

7 Likes

Skeletons!

Skull Slicer has a grabber whirlwind attack that he will use occasionally. It pulls in all entities from up to 5 blocks away. If you’re lucky, you might get his grabber and be able to perform it for your own purposes!

Also, I might add that I’m waiting on those of you who are planning to contribute builds! I’ve received a few structures, but I’m still waiting on more.

If you don’t know when/if you’ll be able to contribute, let me know that too.

4 Likes

What do the new command blocks do again?

(Sounds super off topic but hey I saw new command blocks and I’m too lazy to watch sethbling)

Blue: repeats the command 20 times per tick

Green: only runs the command if the previous command block has activated.

Tan: Normal.

They also have redstone/non redstone modes and conditional mode.

1 Like

Wait, whirlwind attack? You mean we can actually fight them? That’s so cool!

1 Like

Alright, this is the last call.

@ReeseEH
@Cazapar
@Zelohak
@Fabioman
@SammySpartan

If any of you have builds to contribute towards fleshing out the City of The Mask Makers, you need to get them to me tonight or tomorrow(sometime before I go ham and build the remaining sector).

Also, two more shrines are done!

5 Likes

I have no more schematics, so…

Can’t wait for the final product!

1 Like

#I didn’t slip

7 Likes

All of the builds are done!

Ew G1 references

Now all I have to do is the commands, which will require 1.9.

If all goes as planned, I will have the 2015 release ready tomorrow! :smiley:

10 Likes

Guess I’ll have to use the snapshot on this?

These look outstanding, they really capture the look and feel of the island well. Good job!

1 Like

you should use the new loot table feature they added in recent snapshots,the link for how to do it is right here or use this generator there is a video that shows how using loot tables and custom models/textures for certain item durability could help adv map makers make their maps even better (especially RPG maps)

1 Like

Seeing as I want this map to be primarily survival friendly, I don’t intend to use the weapon durability thing. That’s only helpful in controlled environments where I can determine what the player will and will not have access to.

I’m considering using this for Kulta, but I don’t have any other applications for it as of yet.

Yep.

Congratulations on completion!

1 Like

Quick update on the whole release thing…

I don’t expect to put it up for download tonight; I’ve been working all day on the commands and I’m just now finishing up. Instead, I’ll leave you with a quick video showing off the mask powers.

I plan to put it up for download tomorrow.

Edit: Scratch the video. That goes up with the map tomorrow.

1 Like