Okoto in Minecraft (Map/Experiment) UP FOR DOWNLOAD!

I’m afraid it’s just a map(not a server). We very briefly had one, but that was a while back.

Additionally, I’d recommend not trying to play on it yet. The version that’s currently released is awfully buggy.

I’m actually kind of at a roadblock with it. We’ve seen stuff in JtO, but we don’t actually know where those things are, save the Labyrinth of Control.

3 Likes

Well that’s simple. You either just don’t build them, or build them in a random place and rebuild them when we get an official location. Based on the fact that the summer wave will be rolling out soon and that we haven’t gotten a location thus far, I’m assuming the latter choice is your best bet

1 Like

But that also requires more work on the part of Gar.

Gar I’d recommend waiting until we get story details from the summer wave and then place all the things where they logically make sense.

That would work too…

My current plan is to wait until the next graphic novel comes out before working on 2016 locations. Chances are, it will have a map of the notable locations(like last year’s did).

1 Like

Also possible…
I was actually looking forward to seein places like Metru Nui redone. Also, you could at push the new update with Mask Making out… maybe work on the maze when you have the time…

Heh. A whole team of folks from the boards(myself included) couldn’t pull that one off; I don’t think that’ll happen any time soon.

I suppose a professional minecraft build team could do it, but unless you feel like hiring them, I’m afraid you’re out of luck.

What I would’ve released (the “Rise of the Skull Spiders” update) is completely finished. My reservation is that there’s no way for me to update the map without making people start over in their survival playthroughs, so I think it’s probably better off for everyone if I wait on this year’s content to be finished before I upload a new version.

###That said, I’m not completely confident in that decision, so if people do want that before the version with 2016 content, I am willing to release it.

It just depends.

I’m currently only waiting on worldedit to come out for 1.9 to get that started.

Metru Nui was honestly crazy. But i feel like you could probably pull off an island like Mata Nui. I mean, it’s roughly the same size as Okoto, and you would be able to make much cooler villages. Literally in Ko-Koro’s case… also, we already know what Mata Nui looks like, so we don’t need any books or graphic novels to make it! Tell me if I sound crazy or not, I won’t mind…

It’s not so much that I can’t do it as I don’t really need to do it. It’s actually a pretty common project(lots of folks have nostalgia for early Bionicle).

For instance, a quick google search yielded this (pretty decent)project: Bionicle island | Mata Nui (with villages) Minecraft Map

Furthermore, It’s not like I just have tons of time to burn. I’m already working on two maps(one of which isn’t Bionicle related), as well as being a junior in high school(with mostly AP classes, might I add) and having some semblance of a social life.

I just flat out don’t have time to pack on yet another project.

But hey, if you’re looking for something that you can’t find, make it yourself! If I can do this map as a one-man effort, I imagine that anyone else could do it too.

1 Like

I suppose that’s fair. I was just saying, it would have been nice to see…

still better than biocraft

4 Likes

Great work! Can’t wait to try out the new version whenever it comes out.

Lol true

We’ve got locations, folks!

Looks like I’ll be back at it once testing is over!

Also, my jungle region village is spoiler[/spoiler] accurately placed. Go figure.

9 Likes

Gg dude… now all we need is the mask of time

Each region also has a name now!

I can’t seem find any information regarding this, aside from an uncited mention on BS01(which arguably makes it canon, but still). Where’d we learn that?

3 Likes

First names on the captions are the village names, second ones are the ancient protector names.

I’m actually curious to see how this’ll look when it’s done…

I’ve got worldedit(kind of), so we’re back in full swing.

My plan of action going forward is to build villages and creature shrines for each region, as well as the Labyrinth of Control and ruins of the capital around the cataclysm crater.

As far as mechanics go, there will be an Umarak the Hunter boss fight at the center of the labyrinth and special abilities for wearing the Mask of Control. I’m thinking along the lines of increased health and strength, as well as being able to summon Beasts from the blocks around you(though that part’s still a pretty rough concept).

Oh, and here’s some screenshots! :wink:

For the record, I’m posting all of this now because I don’t know exactly how long I’m going to be able to keep this topic open(for all I know, this may be the last post).

Basically, I have to get master back.

It shouldn’t be too long; I just finished AP testing this week and I’ll be out of school in a couple weeks(I will be going on a trip too, though that will only be about another week). Even so, I can’t be certain about anything, therefore I’d rather you guys be in the loop than this thing just go dormant without a word.

10 Likes