On the Run

“Exactly. So why go far way to somewhere, giving us more of a chance of getting caught, when there’s likely a place nearby where we can still get out our message? If we get it to a few people, they’ll spread it like the plague, assuming they believe it. That’s how rumors usually go.” Felix says.

Lauren points at Felix. “He’s got the right idea. Once we get people to believe us, it’ll spread like wildfire, regardless of where that begins. Of course, we’ll sound like insane conspiracy theorists… or worse, high-school pranksters.”

“Aren’t you all already high school pranksters though? It’d be in your nature.”

Gerald watched his friends bicker. He stood up. “We can’t tell anybody. If we do, we won’t be able to trust them to keep the secret. We need to go into hiding, or take down the government plans for us to be used a soldiers. Either way, we need to keep this as quiet as possible, or else we risk imprisonment-or worse.”

“There’s no worse than imprisonment, and they wouldn’t kill us yet. We’re assets to them. They won’t do that till they’re desparate.” Willy stated. “One of y’all knows how to fly, right?”

“I could learn,” Laurel says dismissively. Her shadow spreads itself on the wall, shaping itself into a shadow-puppet eagle. “Wait, are we talking powers or airplanes?”

“Planes.”

“If I was still in Yugoslavia, I’d be in flight school. Unfortunately, I’ve been held here, and flight school wasn’t part of the curriculum.”

“Dang… we’d probably get shot down as soon as we were over the sea anyway”

“I thought we were too valuable to kill,” Lauren points out.

“Until theyre desparate. They’d be desparate by then”

Gerald looked at Willie. “If they were desperate, they wouldn’t kill us. They would only make sure we can’t go anywhere.”

“Their goal after they’re desparate would be to shut us up, not lock us up.”

Gerald shrugged. “Then good luck to them. They’ll have a check of a time trying to catch me.”

“Shutting us up via locking us up would be pretty easy. Thats how you get all your rivals to stay quiet.”

“We’d be too tough to catch. I doubt many of us can outrun a bullet, whereas most of us could outrun a person.”

"Unless they find some way to block me on all sides, with no windows, they can’t trap me.

1 Like

“That doesn’t apply to anyone else.” He sighs. My Power is pretty good for pickpocketing. Could leave everyone in the dust here.

“I’ll keep that in mind,” Laurel mutters to herself. Her shadow forms various shadow puppets on the wall.

“They’d need a magnifying glass to find me,” Katherin quips, shrinking down then back up to prove her point.