On the Run

“How is it the lowest to the ground?”

“You don’t have understanding of metaphors do you?”

Gerald nodded in understanding. “Oh. 'cuz of those.” He pointed at the cameras in the room.

“I wonder why they’d put a camera in a lecture hall…”

Vladimir looks at him “That’s not a metaphor my friend.”

“Because it’s the government,”

“Why not somewhere people aren’t often instead?” Felix quietly asks.

“There’s nowhere like that… sorry bud”

Lance’s blades extend, and shrunk as he stares absently into the void, shifting his form into various soldiers from history, from Roman to Soviet, and everything in between

1 Like

Steve watches this display with intense confusion.

“Just out of town?” He asked. “Abandoned buildings? Do none of these exist? I’d say forests, but I don’t think we’re all to close to one of those.”

“Good point… Gerald! Go grab us some KFC! We’re going to the old Malory Hotel lobby”

Lauren arrives at the park, enjoying the fresh air and relative lack of people. Her shadow plays in the grass as she walks.

1 Like

“Didn’t Lauren say something about going to the park? That would be a good place… right?”

1 Like

Lance stopped and resumed his typical form, though the exact details were different as per usual. His memory of himself being a haze and subject to change

“No we’re going to the Malory hotel,” Will said. He then turned to Gerald and wrote an address down on a piece of paper. “Take this to Lauren in the Park.” He said handing it to gerald

Gerald teleported away and back before they could move. “Here.” He handed Willie the KFC, and then took the paper. “Alright.”
He teleported away, leaving two turquoise lights in the air.

In the park, he found Lauren. “Willie said to give this to you.”

Her shadow notices him first, waving with one arm and tugging on her jacket with the other. She pauses her music and slips her headphones off of one ear. “I’m sorry, what was that?”

“Here. It’s from willie.”
Gerald handed her the slip.

“Uhh… okay…” He said uncertainly, shifting uncomfortably from foot to foot.