[OPINION] Has Greg Farshtey been good for the community?

Seconded. I’m not sure this really needs to be a topic, there isn’t going to be any variance here and I’m not sure this merits discussion.

6 Likes

It’s weird how everyone says he is good, when I still see memes made with him from time to time…

Why would making memes about him mean that people think he is bad? You can joke about someone and like them.

6 Likes

sorry about that. I didn’t think it would be this one sided. Close it if you want, I won’t argue.

yeah honestly gregs not a good person he didnt dignify my fanfic question about shipping tren krom and the literal red star with a response or even a like so idk he seems like a meanie head[quote=“Eljay, post:21, topic:50070”]
I’m not sure this really needs to be a topic, there isn’t going to be any variance here and I’m not sure this merits discussion.
[/quote]

This is a good thing for a lot of people here to keep in mind when creating topics on the boards or anywhere, really. Do you really need to? Does creating this particular topic provide engaging, meaningful discussion, or does it inevitably lead to flamewars or dies out because nobody actually wants to discuss that?
I’d like to say this should be incredibly obvious and never need to be stated anywhere, but recently (and not just this topic by any means) topics have been springing up which add absolutely nothing and often subtract from the discussion by giving people a reason to bicker.

With that being said, this topic did manage to avoid the usual vitriol by discussing in a positive light someone who’s basically the Bionicle community’s Pope. Perpetuating it past the initial few posts doesn’t seem worthwhile, though. We all know the synopsis of every post to follow, and everyone falling on the one person who disagrees is inevitable.

7 Likes